Official Super Bowl XLVI Thread: New England Patriots vs New York Giants (Rematch) Feb 5th

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

Originally Posted by epox12

The Giants defense is going to pressure Brady all game long though. The Patriots can't do the same. Eli's receiver's are better than Tom's.  Giants are in a great position. The Patriots have no deep threats at all. 
I'm not sure if there's a better WR corp than Welker X Gronk X Hernandez X Branch X the rest of the gang.
They are not as explosive nor even have the speed the GMen's trio have.
These guys have a nice system but everything is thrown short, GMen just have to play the way they did earlier in the year, and the Pats secondary is very vulnerable.

That's exactly how you beat this Giants D, with short efficient passes to uncoverable tight ends which lead to long drives that are gonna wear out the defensive line. 

GMens defense sure did a good enough job last time they played and the GMen defense is playing at an even higher level.

I like my chances, but I won't even comment on this game for another week or so

*drinks celebratory drink

I'd just like to give both of these teams credit for getting to this game. A lot of people trying to discredit their wins, but NYG and NE defenses balled out today. When you play good defense you deserve your win.

welp, i wound up punching my bro in law in the face and got into a fist fight with 2 other giant fans in my house . all the chaos is over, ##$* this superbowl ......

GMens defense sure did a good enough job last time they played and the GMen defense is playing at an even higher level.

And we did a fine job on offense against the Giants D the last game of the '07 regular season yet the Superbowl was a whole different story.
I'm thinking that these next 2 weeks are gonna be the most focused weeks in Brady and Belichicks careers. I'm sure that they'll have something planned for the Giants D by the time they meet.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

And we did a fine job on offense against the Giants D the last game of the '07 regular season yet the Superbowl was a whole different story.
I'm thinking that these next 2 weeks are gonna be the most focused weeks in Brady and Belichicks careers. I'm sure that they'll have something planned for the Giants D by the time they meet.
The Patriots D is still very vulnerable though. They can try to come up with new schemes on offense but their defense is still weak on the front line and secondary. Joe Flacco shredded them in the 4th quarter.

checking in
pimp.gif

my big concern is our secondary and pass rush versus eli and his receivers. lot of speed and big play ability in the giant offense. that's my big concern. as bad as tb12 played today, i feel like he's going to refocus and be ready for this game. there's plenty of motivation for him. i hope gronk's ankle is OK and he's ready to go. i know he came back into the game, but that looked like a BAD ankle sprain (hopefully JUST a sprain at worst). i'll make my pick later as we get closer, but obviously im rolling with my dude
laugh.gif

going to be a tense two weeks. TENSE.

I got the Gmen at this one but I wouldn't be mad if either one wins. I just want to see a good game. How many Superbowls does the Giants have, three?

It's hard not to dislike Giants players. I'm probably a traitor right now, but I don't care. Go Giants.
laugh.gif

Big bro one of the best QBs ever

But lil bro will have more rings by the end of this game

27 - 24 g men

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

If we can stop the Packers we can stop anyone. 

Very...Very good point. 
While I thought the giants could definitely win that game, I damn sure didn't think they'd stump Rodgers that bad, @ LF on top of that. Was thinking more of a shootout.

Great Super Bowl coming in the near future
pimp.gif

Good day of football. I wish my team was in the game but since their not. Go Giants.

I'm just glad it's not the Harbaugh bowl. Could you imagine 2 weeks of espn with the dad crying and Whose got it better then us all over sports center. Tv would be unwatchable.

Last giants pats super bowl didn't disappoint. Let's go. Was at Candlestick today. Giants fans you guys travel quite well.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Tired of the same teams in the SB...
30t6p3b.gif

At least the NFC is usually represented by a new team. At the start of the NBA season you could cross out 24 teams of even being in contention. Who would of expected the niners? Even last month the giants? The Bungles in the playoffs. The Texans in the playoffs. They wanted to fire Coghlim before the Cowboys game. If the teams are winners they deserve to play. Maybe I'm biased being a Steelers fan but it's a tribute to the systems not star players demand where they go. The last nyg pats super bowl was good and years ago. Last year was two different teams. As a football fan you have to be excited for this game.

Back
Top Bottom