Official Superbowl XLIII thread : Congrats Steelers...Keep it real Az

Congrats to the Steelers and their fans for ring #6 .. I'll admit that I didn't give the Steelers much of a chance at the beginning of the season whenI noticed how tough their schedule was ..

Can't say enough about Warner .. True inspiration .. Hopefully he hasn't played his last game ..

About the Harrison incident:

Was it worthy of a penalty? Of course
Worthy of an ejection/fine/suspension? I don't think so.

If anything, I think Demps' hit on Warner in the NFC Championship game was a lot dirtier and should have been worthy of an ejection
ohwell.gif

The media ODing on the Kurt Warner story like they did with Josh Hamilton

At the end of the game I couldve probably written his biography

I get it, it's amazing.....move on

smokin.gif
Super Bowl but definitely not better than last year's

Anyone got that GIF of James Harrison with the penalty?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MaxElite

either way, the Steelers deserved the win anyway u look at it.
Game. Set. Match. Point. Goodnight.

Super Bowl but definitely not better than last year's

Only for the subplot of the Patriots trying to go 19-0..
Last year's game didnt get interesting until Tyree made the catch....

This years game a three ( IMO)
eek.gif
plays:
Harrison's 100 yd TD
Fitz 64 yd TD
Holmes GW TD in the corner of the endzone

02branch.600.jpg

mad.gif
smh.gif
@cardinals losing in the Superbowl.Damn I wanted Edgerrin James to get his 1st ring he should stayed with my number 1 favorite team the Colts.

I'm a fan of neither... but I do want to throw this out there.

I'm a firm believer in letting players decide the outcome. I don't think controversial calls at the end of games should be the last thing people haveto remember in the offseason. However, the officiating last night was questionable at best. They called so many "if" calls throughout the game, onlyto completely stop blowing the whistle on the Steelers last possession. If you're going to call the game tight all game, then like Tomlin said, it's 60minutes, not 58.

Went to school and literally EVERYBODY i talked to wanted the Cardinals to win the game.

One Steelers fan even got booed when he walked into class
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn , my Chicago Cardinals lost .
frown.gif

I was heated when dude threw that weak %!* pass man .
smh.gif
eek.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

cnnsi.com has great insight on the final replay it is in peter kings column. I still can't believe the Steelers ended up winning it all this year, amazing

There were too many controversial calls to make me feel like the Steelers outright deserved to win by game's end. I still believe Harrison should'vebeen ejected...

As I said earlier it will take more than the usual to kick someone out of the super bowl, right or wrong. Again see Lambert in X or other cases that are outthere (that I'm unaware of in my limited knowledge). I do think Madden may have overreacted, but that is no surprise he has disliked the Steelers since 72

Originally Posted by dmxfury

As I said earlier it will take more than the usual to kick someone out of the super bowl, right or wrong. Again see Lambert in X or other cases that are out there (that I'm unaware of in my limited knowledge). I do think Madden may have overreacted, but that is no surprise he has disliked the Steelers since 72

Nobody would be in here saying a WORD about ejections if Madden didn't open his mouth... believe that. if that's the worst thing that happens in atypical football game, it's been a tame one.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

As I said earlier it will take more than the usual to kick someone out of the super bowl, right or wrong. Again see Lambert in X or other cases that are out there (that I'm unaware of in my limited knowledge). I do think Madden may have overreacted, but that is no surprise he has disliked the Steelers since 72
I see what you're saying, but I still feel like he should have gotten way more of a reprimand than what he received.

YEA BABY...!!!! I KNOW IM A LITTLE LATE SORRY GUYS (read my other post for reason) but 6PACK BABY....yo the funny thing was, right after Larry caught that 2ndTD, I got od quiet and every person in the room with me started cussin out the steelers talkin madd %##. It was just me and 2 other ppl goin for my team andlike17 ppl goin for AZ. I got quiet and waited and then when they showed that stat about BIG BEN (most 4th Quarter comebacks since he came into the league) Ijust told everybody, you see that...yea now shutup and watch greatness. right after the holding, ppl still kept spewing garbage at me, but as the steelers weredrivin I just kept lookin and smiling among the silence of the HAterS. BIG BEN iS CLUTCH...END of STORY....great game Cardinals fans, Larry Fitzgerald isinsane...yo i bodly predict they give the first 100+ rating in next years madden in either Catch rating or Jump Rating, or even both...dude is a gamer....Onelast thing, to all my steelers fans, we can all relax and breathe, we officially have Hines' replacement in the flanker....SANTONIO ON THE COMEUP!!!!!!!!.....yo anyone got a sig for me?

LESfamilia wrote:
There were too many controversial calls to make me feel like the Steelers outright deserved to win by game's end. I still believe Harrison should've been ejected...

Back
Top Bottom