Official Superbowl XLIII thread : Congrats Steelers...Keep it real Az

Originally Posted by CP1708

Guy catches a potential game winning pass in the super bowl and NOW people want the NFL to throw flags on celebrations????????
roll.gif

Thought ya'll call it the No Fun League becasue they enforce those kinda rules. Now you're demanding it?
laugh.gif
The NFL made those rules and enforced them throughout the entire regular season, but now it's supposed to be different in the Super Bowl?

It's not about whether any fans feel the rules are stupid, irrelevant, whatever... The rules are stupid. Not allowing guys to do things like what Santoniodid last night is ridiculous. I don't think you'll find anybody that feels otherwise... But if you're gonna flag and fine players EVERY SINGLE WEEKthroughout the season for doing stuff similar to that, you gotta throw the flag in the Super Bowl... If they're gonna make those stupid rules, at leastcall them consistently... Rules you've enforced all season shouldn't go out the window just because it's the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Guy catches a potential game winning pass in the super bowl and NOW people want the NFL to throw flags on celebrations????????
roll.gif

Thought ya'll call it the No Fun League becasue they enforce those kinda rules. Now you're demanding it?
laugh.gif
The NFL made those rules and enforced them throughout the entire regular season, but now it's supposed to be different in the Super Bowl?

It's not about whether any fans feel the rules are stupid, irrelevant, whatever... The rules are stupid. Not allowing guys to do things like what Santonio did last night is ridiculous. I don't think you'll find anybody that feels otherwise... But if you're gonna flag and fine players EVERY SINGLE WEEK throughout the season for doing stuff similar to that, you gotta throw the flag in the Super Bowl... If they're gonna make those stupid rules, at least call them consistently... Rules you've enforced all season shouldn't go out the window just because it's the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl...
So you want the super bowl decided by a ref on a call AFTER the play? Am I getting this right?

Really? This is what people want?

Gimme a %@%%+@! break. I don't give a damn about week 1 calls vs super bowl calls. Catching the game winner in week one vs the damn Lions is one thing,the game winner in the SUPER BOWL? You honestly, honestly think it should be called the same? Really?

Cuz I'm pretty sure TO catches the game winner in a super bowl and the fans of the other team are screamin for a flag, I doubt ya'll would be agreeinwith them.

Again. People are crying for a flag, for a NO PLAY. What league wants to have an outcome of a championship be determined without even a damn play happening? Come on guys.

The guys upstairs looked at it and told the refs it was a fumble.

The announcers said that as the Steelers kneeled it.

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Lotta hurt feelings by some teams here.

Okay, you're obviously not getting it.

The NFL has implemented rules which make it the No Fun League. These rules are called on everyone. So why weren't they called last night? It would be different if there were no flags thrown for celebrations period but the fact is IT IS A RULE. The rule is only enforced sometimes? The rule is only enforced with certain teams/players? What kinda +#@%!%$# is that
laugh.gif

Point is, if flags are gonna be thrown for the same %#$@ for other players/teams, it should pertain to everyone; the entire league. I personally feel the rule is ******ed. But since its a rule, I want it enforced with everyone, not just teams outside Steeler Nation

And what I'm saying to you and your friends is, if Larry Fitzgerald got his Jerry McGuire on at the end of the super bowl, I don't think you would be complaining right now. But since it's the Steelers and ring 6, there seems to be an underlying issue about that.
wink.gif

And don't even come in here and lie, if Larry did it, ya'll wouldn't say sh*^.
Sorry, you're wrong. I'd say the same %+%%.

And @%*, the Cardinals ain't even my team. I only #%%! with them in Madden (not anymore because everyone hopped on they %+%% now) and Fitzgerald/Boldin.But I don't like them enough that rules shoudn't apply to them.

And for the record, if Fitz got his Jerry Mcguire on, he would have been flagged
laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

It's not about whether any fans feel the rules are stupid, irrelevant, whatever... The rules are stupid. Not allowing guys to do things like what Santonio did last night is ridiculous. I don't think you'll find anybody that feels otherwise... But if you're gonna flag and fine players EVERY SINGLE WEEK throughout the season for doing stuff similar to that, you gotta throw the flag in the Super Bowl... If they're gonna make those stupid rules, at least call them consistently... Rules you've enforced all season shouldn't go out the window just because it's the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl...
So you want the super bowl decided by a ref on a call AFTER the play? Am I getting this right?

Gimme a %@%%+@! break. I don't give a damn about week 1 calls vs super bowl calls. Catching the game winner in week one vs the damn Lions is one thing, the game winner in the SUPER BOWL? You honestly, honestly think it should be called the same? Really?

Cuz I'm pretty sure TO catches the game winner in a super bowl and the fans of the other team are screamin for a flag, I doubt ya'll would be agreein with them.

Again. People are crying for a flag, for a NO PLAY. What league wants to have an outcome of a championship be determined without even a damn play happening? Come on guys.
What the rest of us are saying is that the no call in this situation takes away credibility from the NFL and makes them look bad because theyenforce rules all year long and they finally decide to change it in the final game of the season. If you're going to allow it in one game it should beallowed in all games. Rules shouldn't change just because of the given circumstances. That's all we're saying.

roll.gif

laugh.gif

This is exactly what I'm trying to say.

The penalties for celebrations are ridiculous. But they are penalties nonetheless. They should be applied at all times.

CP, they might as well say "15 yards for using the ball as a prop EXCEPT when having a game winning TD in the SB"
laugh.gif

I think it also has a lot to do with certain players. Like refs are asked to watch certain folk. For example, you know a horse collar is gonna be calledeverytime Roy Williams does it. But if you noticed throughout the season, a lot of players got away with horse collar tackles. They know its some %%*! Royalways does so they'll always know to flag him. Just like with Owens. He's known for pullin out sharpies and pens, and running to the middle of thefield and doing ray lewis dances so any little thing the man does he'll get flagged.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Gimme a %@%%+@! break. I don't give a damn about week 1 calls vs super bowl calls. Catching the game winner in week one vs the damn Lions is one thing, the game winner in the SUPER BOWL? You honestly, honestly think it should be called the same? Really?

Cuz I'm pretty sure TO catches the game winner in a super bowl and the fans of the other team are screamin for a flag, I doubt ya'll would be agreein with them.

What the rest of us are saying is that the no call in this situation takes away credibility from the NFL and makes them look bad because they enforce rules all year long and they finally decide to change it in the final game of the season. If you're going to allow it in one game it should be allowed in all games. Rules shouldn't change just because of the given circumstances. That's all we're saying.

And what I'm sayin is that's BS.

80 million people ain't tunin in to watch week 1.

80 million people don't want to watch refs decide a game right?

Then you can't ask for the refs to throw a flag on a non God damn play. Imagine the uproar if they had flagged that. Just imagine.

It was a non play, a ref can throw a flag on that in week 1 and get away with it. He throws a flag in the super bowl, with 30 seconds left, over a kid thatjust caught the game winner, and you want that ref to possibly decide the outcome of the game over letting the Cardinals decide teh outcome themselves?????? In front of 80 million people????? This is your argument?

I don't want to watch a sport where the Refs dictate outcomes after a play is done and decided.

If it makes you feel better, they threw a flag on the last play for excessive celebration. They're even.
roll.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

What the rest of us are saying is that the no call in this situation takes away credibility from the NFL and makes them look bad because they enforce rules all year long and they finally decide to change it in the final game of the season. If you're going to allow it in one game it should be allowed in all games. Rules shouldn't change just because of the given circumstances. That's all we're saying.

Then you can't ask for the refs to throw a flag on a non God damn play. Imagine the uproar if they had flagged that. Just imagine.

It was a non play, a ref can throw a flag on that in week 1 and get away with it. He throws a flag in the super bowl, with 30 seconds left, over a kid that just caught the game winner, and you want that ref to possibly decide the outcome of the game over letting the Cardinals decide teh outcome themselves?????? In front of 80 million people????? This is your argument?

I don't want to watch a sport where the Refs dictate outcomes after a play is done and decided.

If it makes you feel better, they threw a flag on the last play for excessive celebration. They're even.
roll.gif
Appreciate the support, i agree with what you're saying entirely.

Here is the line of thinking they are trying to use right now:

"I hate the rules, they make no sense and ruin the game... but I will defend them because it's not my team"

Alright guys...
grin.gif

The hate is strong in this thread.... it burns doesn't it guys?
pimp.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

It was a non play, a ref can throw a flag on that in week 1 and get away with it. He throws a flag in the super bowl, with 30 seconds left, over a kid that just caught the game winner, and you want that ref to possibly decide the outcome of the game over letting the Cardinals decide teh outcome themselves?????? In front of 80 million people????? This is your argument?

roll.gif

they should probably start calling PI on hail marys too

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Sapp had a history of being an !%%*+*$, he is from the golden days of Miami football where they were ALL $!!%%%$+... JH does not, and that's why he gets the benefit of the doubt here.

You're giving him the benefit of the doubt because he's on the Steelers...put him on another team, and I bet you would be crying for murder. This is the same James Harrison who was arrested for beating his girlfirend, right?
laugh.gif
And there it is...

But nah, he doesn't have a history of anger issues or anything of the like...

You don't start giving out ejections for what Harrison did during in the SUPER BOWL, but to act like there's nothing wrong with it or that he gets a pass for any reason is ridiculous...
laugh.gif
exactly... Harrison is a piece of %%$!. if he was on anyother team, you can GUARANTEE Craftsy would be calling for his head.

imagine if Ray Lewis did that to a Steelers player.. we would be hearing it from this guy, OHHHH BOYYY!!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif

vctry20 wrote:

Absolutely right!

In fact, if I'm ever a cop and I catch one you %*%#@#%+!@!%! goin 66 in a 65, your %#* is goin to jail.
roll.gif

vctry20 wrote:

Absolutely right!

In fact, if I'm ever a cop and I catch one you %*%#@#%+!@!%! goin 66 in a 65, your %#* is goin to jail.
roll.gif

eyes.gif
Both of yall know damn well that's an awful analogy... The NFLdidn't spend all of the last 3 seasons trying to clean up contact on hail marys and trumpet it as their means of helping clean up the image of the NFL...

The NFL has been throwing flags and fines around for celebrations like Santonio's for three years now... But since it's the Super Bowl, those rules nolonger matter...
eyes.gif
You don't want the game decided by something likethat, Santonio should know better. He knows the rules the NFL has played by for 3 years now...

I think they're ridiculous rules, too... But if you're gonna cry foul every time someone makes a snow angel, uses the goal line as starting blocks, orbeats on some drums like Chris Johnson did in KC, you better cry foul when Santonio Holmes uses the ball as a salt shaker or whatever it was he did... Rulesdon't change because it's the Super Bowl...

I've got no cheering interest in this game. I couldn't care less that the Steelers get to Super Bowl #6 before the Cowboys... The Cowboys haven'tplayed in over a month... I'm over the Cowboys, but apparently some of you aren't...

Fact of the matter is, if you're gonna trumpet some horse crap rule for three years and hand out any types of fines for ridiculous celebrations, youcan't pick and choose when that will be enforced...
exactly... Harrison is a piece of %%$!. if he was on any other team, you can GUARANTEE Craftsy would be calling for his head.

imagine if Ray Lewis did that to a Steelers player.. we would be hearing it from this guy, OHHHH BOYYY!!!!
Nah, you didn't know? It's only Cowboys fans that do things like that...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Sapp had a history of being an !%%*+*$, he is from the golden days of Miami football where they were ALL $!!%%%$+... JH does not, and that's why he gets the benefit of the doubt here.

You're giving him the benefit of the doubt because he's on the Steelers...put him on another team, and I bet you would be crying for murder. This is the same James Harrison who was arrested for beating his girlfirend, right?
laugh.gif
And there it is...

You don't start giving out ejections for what Harrison did during in the SUPER BOWL, but to act like there's nothing wrong with it or that he gets a pass for any reason is ridiculous...
laugh.gif
exactly... Harrison is a piece of %%$!. if he was on any other team, you can GUARANTEE Craftsy would be calling for his head.

roll.gif
roll.gif

murder > domestic violence.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif
And there it is...

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
tired.gif

classic response from a Steelers fan...
laugh.gif

Here is the line of thinking they are trying to use right now:

"I hate the rules, they make no sense and ruin the game... but I will defend them because it's not my team"

Alright guys...
grin.gif

No, it's more like "I hate the rules, they make no sense and ruin the game...but you can't randomly pick and choose when to enforcethem and when not to."

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

then the last play was a foraward pass anyway ... every single sports writer/analyst has said it so far this morning on various news outlets ... i mean they dont even review it? ...
indifferent.gif

roughing the passer on that last drive for pitt ... ... ... ... ... ... .. ... ... ... ...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
I haven't heard a single person say that the last play for the Cardinals was a forward pass. In fact, the refs were so sure of it that theydidn't even need to pause the game to review the call further. It was announced that the call was immediately confirmed upstairs and the game continueduninterrupted. It was pretty clear to me, and to many other people, that, although Warner's hand was still touching the ball, he was not in control of itwhile his arm was moving forward.

The only penalty called during Pittsburgh's last drive was... on Pittsburgh, for offensive holding. The roughing the passer penalty occurred in themiddle of the third quarter.

tired.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
. but Craftsy is obviously a sore winner folks. No need to go back andforth with each other. It was good last night, now its just
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by krazy88s

tired.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
. but Craftsy is obviously a sore winner folks. No need to go back and forth with each other. It was good last night, now its just
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
Craftsy is mad cuz he thought the Steelers were garbageall season long...

I believe the usual line was something along the lines of "If the Steelers are one of the five best teams in football, that speaks volumes as to howmarginal the league as a whole is..."

laugh.gif
Enjoy it bro... Go to the parade. Tell Big Ben I said he's awinner, but he ain't an elite quarterback...

this thread has gotten out of hand.....$@@? I think I am going to watch the game again tonight just to try to catch more of the little stuff I missed lastnight

Oh and the super bowl DVD now is on Blu ray that will look sweet

Originally Posted by krazy88s

tired.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
. but Craftsy is obviously a sore winner folks. No need to go back and forth with each other. It was good last night, now its just
eyes.gif

roll.gif
i already admitted i'm bad at winning. it's not a secret.

It's just funny that people think i'm this big homer about stuff when i hate my own players more than any of you ever could. some of them i love, buti'm brutally honest for the most part about these guys.

It's like if you were out talking %@@! about your wife or girlfriend or something.. just letting off steam "she's such a $%$@*..."... Thenyour boy is like "yeah she is"... you stop and go "what the $%## did you just say? nobody talks about my girl that way man, she's an angelblah blah blah ".

Nobody talks bad about my team and gets away with it... except me.
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
Craftsy is mad cuz he thought the Steelers were garbage all season long...

I believe the usual line was something along the lines of "If the Steelers are one of the five best teams in football, that speaks volumes as to how marginal the league as a whole is..."

laugh.gif
Enjoy it bro... Go to the parade. Tell Big Ben I said he's a winner, but he ain't an elite quarterback...
roll.gif
roll.gif
it's true though.... i will sit here now and tell you that this steelersteam is one of the worst to ever win a championship. look at the 3 teams we beat in the playoffs to win it? chargers
grin.gif
ravens
sick.gif
and cards?
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But a chip is a chip is a chip is a chip is a chip is a chip (6 of 'em, count those things up).
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom