Official Superbowl XLIII thread : Congrats Steelers...Keep it real Az

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Here's a crappy longer video of what happened on the Harrison play... you can see, 47 tries to cut his knees but Harrison sees it coming and is NOT happy about it. then 47 proceeds to lie there like a little ++!%@, cowering in fear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIF_ucHzbIk

After watching that again I still can't believe you're defending Harrison's actions and reasoning

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Here's a crappy longer video of what happened on the Harrison play... you can see, 47 tries to cut his knees but Harrison sees it coming and is NOT happy about it. then 47 proceeds to lie there like a little ++!%@, cowering in fear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIF_ucHzbIkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIF_ucHzbIk

After watching that again I still can't believe you're defending Harrison's actions and reasoning

he obviously didn't like what 47 was trying to do there - and i'm saying, he's never done anything like this before... so was 47 inline trying to go at his knees at that point in the play? i honestly don't know, but i know he's going for his knees and i know harrison is not happyabout it in a way i've never seen him before. I'd lean towards the fact that 47 was doing something he shouldn't have been here, at least inJames' opinion.

I cannot believe all of these grown %!% men in here crying about a grown %!% football player in the NFL knocking someone over on his %!% and punching him inhis PADDED shoulder. Give me a $%%*#!% break and quit whining. He got a 15yd penalty for it, and thats that. I can promise you that it was induced too, itdidnt just come out of nowhere...its the SUPERBOWL not the beginning of the season incase your forgetting, emotions were running high on both sides of theball. Look back at the ENTIRE Steelers season and tell me when Harrison got a personal foul call...

Get over it already.

yeah, just let the Harrison thing go. sheesh

and Fade On You check you're sig. Its XLIII, you've got XIII twice

Originally Posted by Fade On You

I cannot believe all of these grown %!% men in here crying about a grown %!% football player in the NFL knocking someone over on his %!% and punching him in his PADDED shoulder. Give me a $%%*#!% break and quit whining. He got a 15yd penalty for it, and thats that. I can promise you that it was induced too, it didnt just come out of nowhere...its the SUPERBOWL not the beginning of the season incase your forgetting, emotions were running high on both sides of the ball. Look back at the ENTIRE Steelers season and tell me when Harrison got a personal foul call...

Get over it already.
youre completely missing the point ... he should have been ejected from the game ... just like holmes should have gotten a 15 yard penalty for hiscelebrations ... just too many "missed" calls for me to stomach ...

add 15 yards to where warner took that final "sack/fumble" and you are looking at 1st and 10 at the 35 with 1 timeout left ... ... ...

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

is 47 hurt? is the play over? then why should he let him go?
roll.gif
Did you think what Sapp did to Clifton was straight then?
Not even the same thing.

laugh.gif
how can you compare to the two?
Both very far away from the play. Both cheap shots. Both unnecessary. You don't think that's a good basis for comparison?

Besides, at least Sapp didn't punch Clifton.
Sapp was looking to take somebodys face off on that play.. and did.

Harrison was obviously pissed at this guy for something else that went on, and was hassling him for it.

I'm sure if they'd show us something more about that play, you'd realize this wasn't some unprovoked attack - Harrison has never done anything like that before, and i doubt he starts it in the superbowl. THrow in the fact that this guy was actually facing him while this happened, and the worst he actually got from it was just knocked on his butt... yeah i don't think it's the same thing, but nice reach.
It's a shame you can't see anything from a different perspective. Why do you think the hate for the Steelers runs deep here?
Hate for the steelers runs deep everywhere there aren't steelers fans. it's a hate us cuz you ain't us sort of thing - we win the right way, and we win consistently.. yet we're always discredited by you knuckleheads the beginning of every season... (you picked the browns to win the division title? really? yeah, i'm the one in need of a perspective change
laugh.gif
)

I swear every game we won this year (and years past), the opposing team comes in with some crap about how the refs gave us the game or some conspiracy or blah blah blah. We never win straight up according to you guys.. yet we always seem to keep winning. It's the same with Big Ben too.... dude is just a game manager, despite the fact that he has 19 fourth quarter winning drives and two superbowl rings.

You guys are just haters - so it's whatever.

Really though - go through what you just quoted me for and explain where i'm wrong? sapp put a guy in the hospital who wasn't try to make a tackle... harrison smacked a guy on the back of his shoulder, then shoved him to the ground when he tried to stand up... and i PROMISE you it was provoked in some way... JH is not a dirty player, he's one of the most humble pro athletes i've ever heard. Sapp had a history of being an !%%*+*$, he is from the golden days of Miami football where they were ALL $!!%%%$+... JH does not, and that's why he gets the benefit of the doubt here.
I'm sorry, but you've complained about officiating cheating the Steelers ALL season long... AND NOW when there were a couple of crucialsuspect calls, you get all touchy feely?

i just dont understand how the Super Bowl cant get calls right ... if anything make the damn Super Bowl fail proof ...

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

I cannot believe all of these grown %!% men in here crying about a grown %!% football player in the NFL knocking someone over on his %!% and punching him in his PADDED shoulder. Give me a $%%*#!% break and quit whining. He got a 15yd penalty for it, and thats that. I can promise you that it was induced too, it didnt just come out of nowhere...its the SUPERBOWL not the beginning of the season incase your forgetting, emotions were running high on both sides of the ball. Look back at the ENTIRE Steelers season and tell me when Harrison got a personal foul call...

Get over it already.
youre completely missing the point ... he should have been ejected from the game ... just like holmes should have gotten a 15 yard penalty for his celebrations ... just too many "missed" calls for me to stomach ...

add 15 yards to where warner took that final "sack/fumble" and you are looking at 1st and 10 at the 35 with 1 timeout left ... ... ...

EJECTED from the game for pushing someone to the ground?!?!?! What kind of pansy !%# sport do you wish for the NFL to be? If anything i think the NFL shouldease up on the calls and let the men play @*$%%*% football, thicken up your godd#$@ skin.

roll.gif
ejected
roll.gif

Good God.

Same people who complain the league is too soft want someone ejected for a punch in the shoulder pad.
laugh.gif

Look at yourselves in the mirror fellas. Ya'll need reality.

EJECTED from the game for pushing someone to the ground?!?!?! What kind of pansy !%# sport do you wish for the NFL to be? If anything i think the NFL should ease up on the calls and let the men play @*$%%*% football, thicken up your godd#$@ skin.

again youre missing the point ... the NFL has made it into a pansy league ... all im saying is, if youre gonna call bs penalties and throw people out for bsthings, at least be consistent ...

I don't get it.....what missed called were game breakers?
id say kicking off from the 15 on that final drive would have been at least a tad better for the cardnials ... where did the game end? add 15yards from there ... warner wouldnt have had to drop back waiting for an eternity as his receivers ran down the field 50 yards ... instead he could have throwna simple 30 yard go route to fitz ...

then the last play was a foraward pass anyway ... every single sports writer/analyst has said it so far this morning on various news outlets ... i mean theydont even review it? ...
indifferent.gif

roughing the passer on that last drive for pitt ... ... ... ... ... ... .. ... ... ... ...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Sapp had a history of being an !%%*+*$, he is from the golden days of Miami football where they were ALL $!!%%%$+... JH does not, and that's why he gets the benefit of the doubt here.

You're giving him the benefit of the doubt because he's on the Steelers...put him on another team, and I bet you would be crying for murder. This isthe same James Harrison who was arrested for beating his girlfirend, right? Also, how does Sapp have a history of being an %@%? Where are his off-the-fieldincidents? The Clifton hit was WITHIN the rules....if the NFL wanted to do something about it, he would have been fined/suspended, and a rule would have beenmade or changed....seems like you have a little bias my man...

How it is some people are justifying punches thrown is incredible to me. They have no place in sports other than boxing and MMA, where they are wearing paddedgloves.

id say kicking off from the 15 on that final drive would have been at least a tad better for the cardnials
I think this gets overlooked because the field positioning would've been huge. Plus it was already stated that Pittsburgh was kicking intothe wind.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I don't get it.....what missed called were game breakers?

Not game breakers but that TD celebration should have been an automatic 15 assessed on the kickoff. Owens gets flagged for imitating Usain Bolt and didn'teven use the ball as a prop and caught a 15. Holmes uses the ball as a prop and makes it blatantly obvious and everything is all good. With that extra 15yards, the Cards would have been in Steeler territory (around the 35) and would have had a timeout left with time on the clock. I still don't think theCards would have won but would it surprise you if he threw a deep ball from the 35 and Fitz miraculously caught it?

And that looked like an incompletion to me. I think if it was Tom Brady it would have been an incomplete
laugh.gif

Lmao this $%%# is so much fun. This clown Harrison didn't simply push him to the ground. Dude was throwin punches givin him the business to his back.Francisco is a straight *%%$% but that doesn't change the fact that what Harrison did was o.d. dirty. And the fact he looked up to make sure %%*#%%wasn't looking and then continued to o.d.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

1. They're not going to call a celebration penalty on a potentially game winning catch like that.
2. eh.. that was a fumble...the ball was coming out already before his hand was going forward

and for the record I'm a lowly Jets fan...I have no horse in this race.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Sapp had a history of being an !%%*+*$, he is from the golden days of Miami football where they were ALL $!!%%%$+... JH does not, and that's why he gets the benefit of the doubt here.

You're giving him the benefit of the doubt because he's on the Steelers...put him on another team, and I bet you would be crying for murder. This is the same James Harrison who was arrested for beating his girlfirend, right?
laugh.gif
And there it is...

But nah, he doesn't have a history of anger issues or anything of the like...

You don't start giving out ejections for what Harrison did during in the SUPER BOWL, but to act like there's nothing wrong with it or that he gets apass for any reason is ridiculous...

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

How it is some people are justifying punches thrown is incredible to me. They have no place in sports other than boxing and MMA, where they are wearing padded gloves.

id say kicking off from the 15 on that final drive would have been at least a tad better for the cardnials
I think this gets overlooked because the field positioning would've been huge. Plus it was already stated that Pittsburgh was kicking into the wind.

Word. Steve Smith got thrown out of the Cowboys game a couple years back for much less.

I don't think anyone is trying to say the NFL isn't a +@$%* made/pansy league now. But if you're going to make a penalty a penalty, it has topertain to everyone, not just people outside Black and Gold
laugh.gif

Guy catches a potential game winning pass in the super bowl and NOW people want the NFL to throw flags on celebrations????????
roll.gif

Thought ya'll call it the No Fun League becasue they enforce those kinda rules. Now you're demanding it?
laugh.gif

Lotta hurt feelings by some teams here.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

1. They're not going to call a celebration penalty on a potentially game winning catch like that.
2. eh.. that was a fumble...the ball was coming out already before his hand was going forward

and for the record I'm a lowly Jets fan...I have no horse in this race.
but Dirty, a Rule is a rule right? if he used the ball as a prop in the 1st qtr why shouldnt it be a penalty in the 4th qtr?

either way, the Steelers deserved the win anyway u look at it.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This is the same James Harrison who was arrested for beating his girlfirend, right?

Didn't even know about that.

Lmao, but this guy is a model citizen
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Guy catches a potential game winning pass in the super bowl and NOW people want the NFL to throw flags on celebrations????????
roll.gif

Thought ya'll call it the No Fun League becasue they enforce those kinda rules. Now you're demanding it?
laugh.gif

Okay, you're obviously not getting it.

The NFL has implemented rules which make it the No Fun League. These rules are called on everyone. So why weren't they called last night? It would bedifferent if there were no flags thrown for celebrations period but the fact is IT IS A RULE. The rule is only enforced sometimes? The rule is only enforcedwith certain teams/players? What kinda +#@%!%$# is that
laugh.gif

Point is, if flags are gonna be thrown for the same %#$@ for other players/teams, it should pertain to everyone; the entire league. I personally feel the ruleis ******ed. But since its a rule, I want it enforced with everyone, not just teams outside Steeler Nation

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

Originally Posted by CP1708

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Okay, you're obviously not getting it.

The NFL has implemented rules which make it the No Fun League. These rules are called on everyone. So why weren't they called last night? It would be different if there were no flags thrown for celebrations period but the fact is IT IS A RULE. The rule is only enforced sometimes? The rule is only enforced with certain teams/players? What kinda +#@%!%$# is that
laugh.gif

Point is, if flags are gonna be thrown for the same %#$@ for other players/teams, it should pertain to everyone; the entire league. I personally feel the rule is ******ed. But since its a rule, I want it enforced with everyone, not just teams outside Steeler Nation

And what I'm saying to you and your friends is, if Larry Fitzgerald got his Jerry McGuire on at the end of the super bowl, I don't think you would becomplaining right now. But since it's the Steelers and ring 6, there seems to be an underlying issue about that.
wink.gif

And don't even come in here and lie, if Larry did it, ya'll wouldn't say sh*^.

Back
Top Bottom