Official Supreme Thread; F/W14; FAQ ON PG 1; vol. End of F/W Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a good spot too :smh:

became tight with some preme heads behind me, they were letting me go back and forth to my car while saving my spot so I can put coins in the meter.

Never made it to 8AM, when the meters were required :lol:
2 hours and I said naw. Took a while to get the feeling back in my feet.

If I had a a hoodie and anything but flyknits I would've been gravy.
Did you get a hoodie?

I left the line at 7:50 AM, breh. I got there at 6

I didn't get anything. And then I struck out online
Just sharing the L I took :smokin  

I wasn't properly clothed for the weather.
Damn you smart. I got to the LA store at 9 and waited for 6 hours and they sold out around 3:00

6 hours in line 

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

|I Damb, navy Champion warm-up top is sold out. Was hoping it would stay in stock until I came up on some cash later this week.

Some ppl were coming in and out with bags full of box logos n masks. Last year they let u buy multiple box logos this year it was just one. I find it amusing that ppl think they know what they are talking about with a release when really it's always different. But there are other shops in NYC that sell supreme at premium and they probably have ties with the store somehow. It's just speculation but those guys could also just be taking stuff for team riders or for photographs? But not everyone wanted a mask and I copped a red one for the guy behind me and so did someone else so he got 3

Some ppl were coming in and out with bags full of box logos n masks. I find it amusing that ppl think they know what they are talking about with a release when really it's always different. But there are other shops in NYC that sell supreme at premium and they probably have ties with the store somehow.

This is the allure. It sucks not getting what you want, but the truth is when you get that item you want, it's like winning a lottery. They've managed to make you feel like you got lucky to have the opportunity to buy something at whatever price they set. They have a general set of patterns they follow, but can change them whenever they feel. The store has always opened at the same time, but in the past they could open up a couple hours early if they feel like it. They could cancel an entire release if they feel like it. They can take an item that they still have in stock on the website and make it unavailable. And that's why they've low key had people that consistently buy entire stocks of both hyped and unhyped releases. I went last year to lafayette on the day the sweats released, no line, around noon. Only a few of people were in the store. I ask for a pair of the grey sweats, and they say we're out. At that moment there was a guy at the counter buying three large bags full of sweats, all different colors, mostly grey. So were they sold out? Perhaps. Or perhaps all the sweats were accounted for by people that have made relationships with them.

I've had my moments of salt, but I've come to decide that the few items I want that may release in a season, if I want them bad enough, I'll pay the resale if I can't get them at retail. I'm trying to buy an item that I'll still want in five or ten years. And after that time passes, it won't matter what I paid when I got them.

Last edited:
This is the allure. It sucks not getting what you want, but the truth is when you get that item you want, it's like winning a lottery. They've managed to make you feel like you got lucky to have the opportunity to buy something at whatever price they set. They have a general set of patterns they follow, but can change them whenever they feel. The store has always opened at the same time, but in the past they could open up a couple hours early if they feel like it. They could cancel an entire release if they feel like it. They can take an item that they still have in stock on the website and make it unavailable. And that's why they've low key had people that consistently buy entire stocks of both hyped and unhyped releases. I went last year to lafayette on the day the sweats released, no line, around noon. Only a few of people were in the store. I ask for a pair of the grey sweats, and they say we're out. At that moment there was a guy at the counter buying three large bags full of sweats, all different colors, mostly grey. So were they sold out? Perhaps. Or perhaps all the sweats were accounted for by people that have made relationships with them.

I've had my moments of salt, but I've come to decide that the few items I want that may release in a season, if I want them bad enough, I'll pay the resale if I can't get them at retail. I'm trying to buy an item that I'll still want in five or ten years. And after that time passes, it won't matter what I paid when I got them.

^Agreed, the same can be said about the state of this sneaker thing nowadays

I find that with sneakers the ones that I'll still want 5 to 10 years down the line are so few and far between, especially on hyped up releases. If I miss a shoe that I like I'll always wait a while for the hype to die down and then pick it up either slightly used at a decent price, or for as close to retail as possible.

If I miss out on a Jordan release, I don't even sweat it, I know the shoe will come back unless it's some one off release, and 9/10 of those I don't even like. The market has become oversaturated with "hot" sneaker releases. So I've been pumping the brakes on my purchases and really only going with the staples I know I'm going to love day in and day out.

Some ppl were coming in and out with bags full of box logos n masks. Last year they let u buy multiple box logos this year it was just one. I find it amusing that ppl think they know what they are talking about with a release when really it's always different. But there are other shops in NYC that sell supreme at premium and they probably have ties with the store somehow. It's just speculation but those guys could also just be taking stuff for team riders or for photographs? But not everyone wanted a mask and I copped a red one for the guy behind me and so did someone else so he got 3
That's tru but a lot of times team riders get stuff before it drops

I find that with sneakers the ones that I'll still want 5 to 10 years down the line are so few and far between, especially on hyped up releases. If I miss a shoe that I like I'll always wait a while for the hype to die down and then pick it up either slightly used at a decent price, or for as close to retail as possible.

If I miss out on a Jordan release, I don't even sweat it, I know the shoe will come back unless it's some one off release, and 9/10 of those I don't even like. The market has become oversaturated with "hot" sneaker releases. So I've been pumping the brakes on my purchases and really only going with the staples I know I'm going to love day in and day out.
this right here sums it up. I firesold a ton of stuff last year that I didn't wear/like and then this year I pretty much sold all of my wacky bright colored limited basketball shoes. found that I'm refining what I wear to the staples like you said. Kept some AJ1s, a few dunks, some AJ4s/3s and then a few NSW pieces. Really found that I enjoy having a lot less and actually getting to wear a solid rotation of like 14-15 pairs as opposed to rolling with 40 that I can't even wear all the time, especially while in college.

Grabbed the box logo beanie. $46.00 seems like a lot plus shipping but that 10 is tax and shipping so I guess that's ok. Sorry Cali.
On another note, is there ever a plan for a Miami store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom