Official Supreme Thread; F/W14; FAQ ON PG 1; vol. End of F/W Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
no tee 
mean.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ that pic above.

Being the main moderater of this thread on a regular basis, I seen this coming and shouldve made most aware. The problems lies within trademarking; Supreme can sue NT for using their logos on tees being distributed on this site. And NT can sue RayRay, so ofcourse it's unfortunate that we couldn't get this done but we have to respect the game.
Was going to say that yesterday but wanted the shirts to be made more than anything.....like next week before the top people got word. Remember Jordan sued this dude over his tee

topkazbah_capital.jpg

Corny/horrible idea to begin with. You guys should be glad Meth agrees.

:smh:

Would have looked like some clowns. :lol:

As I told RayRay, I don't care if somebody makes a shirt that says "NT" on it in a way that doesn't make unauthorized use of the site's name or logos.  

We love the fact that there's such a strong sense of community here and that people want to represent that.  However, because we all care about our community, we have to protect it. 

We can't allow unauthorized products to represent the site - especially in the context of potentially infringing on someone else's rights.  We also can't allow people to commandeer threads to organize sales, let alone mass sales, outside of the designated buy/sell area.  

I think that should be fairly easy to appreciate.  

If somebody has a bad experience with a NikeTalk fitted cap, we can control that.  We know who made it.  We know where every penny of the purchase price went.  We could ensure that 100% of the proceeds would benefit the charity of our choice.  We could ensure that the design didn't infringe on anyone else's works - like, say, Nike's, as an obvious example.  

What happens if someone creates an unauthorized product and something goes wrong?  The community and its reputation may be unfairly harmed, and that's not something we can permit.  

IP litigation can be, and sometimes has been, taken to farcical extremes, but we're not going to claim ownership of the letters "NT."  If you guys want to print up something on your own for fun, it's whatever.  What was discussed here exceeded that and, by organizing the sale here in this thread rather than in buy/sell, it violated the forum rules. 

This was and should remain a Supreme thread. 

I hate that you make so much sense. Am I understanding it correctly that you'd have no problem if we took this to the BST forums? If so, that's what we're doing. And for the record, no one was trying to "sell" or "mass sell" t-shirts here. Just a goofy team uniform, really.

I hate that you make so much sense. Am I understanding it correctly that you'd have no problem if we took this to the BST forums? If so, that's what we're doing. And for the record, no one was trying to "sell" or "mass sell" t-shirts here. Just a goofy team uniform, really.
And you're not selling a product that makes use of anyone else's name or logo - including NikeTalk's.

A t-shirt that says "SupNT" and doesn't infringe on anyone's rights?  Have fun.  Just don't make it a problem that we then have to deal with.

And you're not selling a product that makes use of anyone else's name or logo - including NikeTalk's.

A t-shirt that says "SupNT" and doesn't infringe on anyone's rights?  Have fun.  Just don't make it a problem that we then have to deal with.
Ok. The wording was a bit confusing for me. In one place you say that you don't care if we use NT but I guess you meant just the letters since you allude to not using the NT logo in any capacity in another area of your post. Again, I was under the impression that making the shirt for sake of fun (and collecting money only to cover costs) meant that there are no legal grounds for suing someone. But I guess it's a murky area no matter how you slice it. Appreciate all the responses even though I obviously don't like the messages haha.

Anybody here ever been to the Chinatown store? Is it worth it? Seems promising.
If you wanna support their 6 figure income then go for it. I went there once just to see what was available and it was actually kinda offensive seeing all the stuff they got. I'll likely never find myself there again.

If y'all still do this, make sure the hoodies are heavyweight cross-grain cotton fleece with ribbed gussets. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom