• Bright Blue

Votes: 16 7.2%
  • Don’t worry about me

Votes: 41 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or is supreme slowly but very slowly drying out ?
If it's true supreme had a really good run

Btw I’m not trying to hate just asking a question
drying out to the core demo perhaps.

theyre blowing up and alot of the internet kids have been taking over it the last few years.

i think theyll always be around though, kinda like bape

absolutely

stockx and an army of broke 15 year old kids aiming to be the next "plug" killed it

which I'm cool with, lemme cop manually thx

im cool with it also
stockx has killed the reselling "game" and i hate to use that word when it comes to selling sneakers and clothing
i saw this happening back in 2015 once stockx and goat got alot bigger
but in 2018 these apps and stores that straight up buy & dont do consignet have left resealing sneakers and streetwear into a tailspin
thats the same time selling on niketalk and iss when it still had a buy and sell section started dying out

why buy from a stranger off IG/message boards/facebook when you can go to a store that buys from the same sellers or a website/app that took the hobbys buying and selling section and sucked it dry

but thank goodness for round 2
by far the fairest store i have dealt with

Last edited:
drying out to the core demo perhaps.

theyre blowing up and alot of the internet kids have been taking over it the last few years.

i think theyll always be around though, kinda like bape

its definitely not dead but the people who made it cool i think are moving on
supreme has alot of life left in it

im cool with it also
stockx has killed the reselling "game" and i hate to use that word when it comes to selling sneakers and clothing
i saw this happening back in 2015 once stockx and goat got alot bigger
thats the same time selling on niketalk and iss when it still had a buy and sell section started dying out

why buy from a stranger when you can go to a store that buys from the same sellers or a website/app that took the hobbys buying and selling section and sucked it dry

but thank goodness for round 2
on a side note, the first time i met u was during the Supreme x NBHD drop the drop with the new era with the eagle and stars and i think the goonies logo t.

The issue here is the QUALITY of PEOPLE that get into the "culture".
The story behind getting pieces and buying and selling is becoming EXTINCT.
It's the "I got money, let me buy the rarest and most expensive sh** here that people will double tap on IG" crowd
that is killing the experience.
It's happening to Yeezys, Jordans and streetwear. StockX doesn't help either, it valuates what people like
and in turn devalues our love for them by seeing them as money which they're not. Like attaching our net worth
to our resumes. We can be measured by that, but it doesn't give the full picture of who we are.

TLDR: People that don't know now "knows". 10 year olds in Supreme and Yeezys.

From a resale perspective, most items from supreme have never really had crazy resale value from the jump imo. You'd have to wait seasons till the value went up. Box logo hoodies used to sell for less than $350

The issue here is the QUALITY of PEOPLE that get into the "culture".
The story behind getting pieces and buying and selling is becoming EXTINCT.
It's the "I got money, let me buy the rarest and most expensive sh** here that people will double tap on IG" crowd
that is killing the experience.
It's happening to Yeezys, Jordans and streetwear. StockX doesn't help either, it valuates what people like
and in turn devalues our love for them by seeing them as money which they're not. Like attaching our net worth
to our resumes. We can be measured by that, but it doesn't give the full picture of who we are.

TLDR: People that don't know now "knows". 10 year olds in Supreme and Yeezys.

DOESN'T HELP THAT YEEZY, JORDANS AND SUPREME HAVE BEEN SLIPPING UP IN THEIR DESIGNS AS OF LATE AS WELL. MOST OF WHAT I'VE SEEN THE IN THE LAST YEAR OR TWO HAS BEEN PRETTY GARBAGE.

^
I think Supreme is still doing good work, people say design has fallen off but they've been doing what they've always done.
Jordan for sure is done AKA "everything you want from them came out 5x already"
Yeezys I think is still fine. They've been pushing for odd designs- which is what it's been known for since the Nike days. The 350s tho? THAT'S DONE.

heard some people say it's the final week

three accessories, summer tees, and that Japanese carve off a titty collab seems like a lot to drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom