official sweat your VirgilMalloy in the Main Event thread

I'm playing in Day 1-A on Friday. Kind of annoying since, if I make Day 3 I'll have to make three round trip flights to Vegas instead of 1 (If I hadplayed on Day 1-D), but I wanted to work a couple more days next week and also have an event I would like to attend on the 8th, so it's worth a couplehundred extra in plane tickets I guess.

Been waffle crushing online and live the last two months, so I'm feeling good. It would be nice to ship a big score here.

You can follow me on twitter at twitter.com/galenwsop

(like two or three OG nters who remember me from way back in the day just went "oh *%*@ YOU?")

Ship it.

laugh.gif
WAIT... you're galen?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i should've freaking known...

anyways, good luck dude. I always wondered if you still lurked... friend of a friend got knocked out of the last 1500 NLHE event last night just before endingfor the night - he had to shove with 66 against A7... board came like 99jj3 or something...
laugh.gif
just sick.

Do work out there though.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

gluck. how many entrants in the main event this year? what's the prize pool as well?

Most of the events have had as many or more entrants than last year, but there will probably be fewer online qualifiers this year. Also, they restructured theprize pool so it's flatter. If I had to guess, I'd say about 6500 entrants and roughly 8.5m for first place.

LOL... This dude Galen from S & T.
laugh.gif

I was wondering what happened to you man... I used to post under a different SN so I remember you from back in the day.
laugh.gif

GOOD LUCK FOR REAL THO!!! NT REPRESENT!!!
pimp.gif

How'd you get in though? Did you come out the pocket for the $10,000?
If you paid your own way then props to you homie cause $10,000 is alot to be dropping on a big @!$ donkament.
laugh.gif

excuse my ignorance, but is this thread about playing poker? i didn't understand any of the jargon being spoken.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif
WAIT... you're galen?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i should've freaking known...

anyways, good luck dude. I always wondered if you still lurked... friend of a friend got knocked out of the last 1500 NLHE event last night just before ending
for the night - he had to shove with 66 against A7... board came like 99jj3 or something...
laugh.gif
just sick.

Do work out there though.

Yeah, I like, don't even wear sneakers anymore but I still lurk NT once in awhile. Mostly to post in poker threads and act like a high and mighty dbag andthen maybe to figure out what basketball shoes to buy like once every six months, lol.

Those 1500s are pretty fun, I played a couple of them and one of the 2ks. The edge in those is laughably large.

Originally Posted by 430AM

LOL... This dude Galen from S & T.
laugh.gif

I was wondering what happened to you man... I used to post under a different SN so I remember you from back in the day.
laugh.gif

GOOD LUCK FOR REAL THO!!! NT REPRESENT!!!
pimp.gif

How'd you get in though? Did you come out the pocket for the $10,000?

If you paid your own way then props to you homie cause $10,000 is alot to be dropping on a big @!$ donkament.
laugh.gif

I sold about half of my action pretty cheap at like 1.05:1, and I am swapping another 10% with other internet players and then I am just paying cash for therest.

PS you guys will be pleased to know that I STILL get involved in enormous, hundred-page Pac-10 / SEC arguments on the other forums I post on, on like a dailybasis (literally).

Too bad I wasn't on NT when Cal got payback 2 years ago, I wouldn't have let FR3SH live it down.

Sorry guys, I am talking about the $10,000 World Series of Poker No limit texas holdem world championship, or 'the one you see on TV' as people referto it.

Sometimes I forget that the world does not revolve around poker, and just assume people know what i am talkinga bout.

I had to google "waffle crushing" to get caught up.

Good luck. Shou out the National Truckers.

ship it plz.
May the poker gods brick boards for your opponents and allow you to run with the combined power of Jamie Gold and Jerry Yang.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

ship it plz.

May the poker gods brick boards for your opponents and allow you to run with the combined power of Jamie Gold and Jerry Yang.
laugh.gif

I don't think that it is possible to run as well as Jamie Gold and Jerry Yang combined, unless you are allowed to play Omaha while everyone else is playingholdem. Even then, it'd be tough.

eek.gif
wow a galen sighting

pimp.gif
good luck dude and come back to the s&t forum during collegefootball season. i could use some your picks...

good luck bruh

ive been playing a lot of poker lately..sit n go's, cash games, and tourneys

PS you guys will be pleased to know that I STILL get involved in enormous, hundred-page Pac-10 / SEC arguments on the other forums I post on, on like a daily basis (literally).
Wow - now you're taking me back...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif
Those threads made me want to bash my head through a computer desk... good times though.

Too bad I wasn't on NT when Cal got payback 2 years ago, I wouldn't have let FR3SH live it down.
Sadly, it wouldn't matter... you just have top hope somewhere deep down he is a real person and those losses actually do hurt him, cuzhe'll never show it on here.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by VirgilMalloy

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

ship it plz.

laugh.gif

I don't think that it is possible to run as well as Jamie Gold and Jerry Yang combined, unless you are allowed to play Omaha while everyone else is playing holdem. Even then, it'd be tough.
Hopefully you'll be the first.
Maybe you'll obtain visions of everyone's hole cards.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

PS you guys will be pleased to know that I STILL get involved in enormous, hundred-page Pac-10 / SEC arguments on the other forums I post on, on like a daily
basis (literally).
Wow - now you're taking me back...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif
Those threads made me want to bash my head through a computer desk... good times though.

Sadly, it wouldn't matter... you just have top hope somewhere deep down he is a real person and those losses actually do hurt him, cuz
he'll never show it on here.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If so, then he probably offed himself after last season. I mean come on... Wyoming. lol.

You're not living in Vegas then? I figured you'd just move there eventually with all the sports betting and poker you were into... you were at Cal-Berklast we spoke, right? Is that over with now?

Back
Top Bottom