***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

How are you dealing with it for your first time?

First day didn't hurt tbh.

Second day hurts more but nothing too bad tbh.

Screenshot_20211015-171157_Instagram.jpg

Progress shot from him. He's a guest artist from Korea!

Last edited:
Random but has anybody else had a conversation with a tattoo artist about skin types??

Dude who tattooed me said tattooing East Asian people is way 'easier' then tattooing brothers :lol:

I guess it's to do with the density of the skin. I'm mixed (black/white) so he said i was kinda half way but i found that pretty interesting.

He said a tattooist from Japan came to guest at his shop in London. Said dudes work was killer back home (Pure Japanese clientele) but a brother pulled up for a guest spot in London and had this dude sweating :lol:

Finished my tattoo..

My artist said to take off the wrap as soon as I get home.

He said no soap or hot water on it until 2 weeks.

Until then, he said use aquaphor 2 times a day for the next two weeks.

I thought you were supposed to wash your tattoo asap from some YouTube videos I've seen but imma just follow my artist's directions.

Finished my tattoo..

I thought you were supposed to wash your tattoo asap from some YouTube videos I've seen but imma just follow my artist's directions.

congrats on finishing it up bro.. looking forward to seeing the finished piece

i've always showered immediately after taking off the plastic wrap, just warm water and no soap. i gotta get that nasty, slimey film off of me and tattoo. after a few days, I'll use my normal liquid shower soap. aquaphor definitely helped me with the itchy sensation.

Finished my tattoo..

That’s weird but there’s so much variation between artists. No soap for two weeks? He buggin.

unscented soap, or dial has always been the old school consensus. Sure no swimming, submersion , or direct sunlight, but no soap/hot water!?

I use strictly coconut oil for the first week and then switch to unscented lotion, but both of those are just normal, post-shower hygiene for me. My current artist recommends coconut oil. Also, I’m brown so I’m sure skin tone matters.

Last edited:
I wonder if the style of the tattoo matters also? My artist told me to wash it gently 3 times a day with warm water and unscented antibacterial soap for 3 weeks. I also use aquaphor.

Thanks for all the advice fellas.

I ran the tattoo under cold water (he said cold water is fine) and there was no blood, plasma, or ink when I pat the tattoo dry with a paper towel.

*Kanye shrug*

Imma just follow his instructions

Screenshot_20211016-092959_Gallery.jpg

Here's a very bad picture of the finished work... It's a screenshot of a video he took after it's been sent from an iphone to an Android LOL.

18 hrs.

Love the astrology wheel and the details of the crease in her drape at her legs/feet. Also love how he did the wings

Screenshot_20211016-093310_Gallery.jpg

Definitely going to finish up the sleeve sometime next year!

Check him out on insta!

Wow....that is 18 hours of work? Almost seems a tad too long. I did 10 hours on my thigh and even though it is not a half sleeve, it still is a lot covered in one session. But props though on the first tattoo. Looks good and I am sure there will be more.

Yeah some artists work fast.... some work slow.

Obviously the you have to consider the additional cost but final outcome is most important.

bro this itch is ****ing killing me.

cant even sleep at night without slapping my arm

woke up in the middle of the night cause the itch was so bad :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

bro this itch is ****ing killing me.

cant even sleep at night without slapping my arm

woke up in the middle of the night cause the itch was so bad :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
The piece is killer man..Congrats..That itch is so damn bad on the forearm..When the hair starts growing back the itch is almost unbearable at times..

I just went today and got another 2 1/2 hours done on my blackout sleeve..I'm a solid 14-15 hrs in and still probably have another 4-6 to get it done and then another couple hrs for touch ups..This is such a slow and boring process..Think I'ma take a little break and get a couple wrasslin' pieces done..

Definitely don’t use lotion. When you clean it use white dove bar and then a light layer of A&D ointment
Don't use Dove soap..The non-natural chemicals they put into the bar to help "moisturize" your skin can be bad for tattoo healing..And 1000% don't us A&D ointment..That ointment actually promotes scarring, which you don't want for your tattoo..

lol i think everyone has their own way / what works for them.. for me i just use a little aquaphor when it's fresh for a day or two.. then just aveeno non-scented lotion after.

Sometimes id let my tattoos just dry heal. Nothing at all on it and just shower normally with non scented soap. Worked well honestly. Before id be an A&D guy cause I strangely like the smell. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom