***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Got my left calve done

Attachments

• IMG_2813.jpeg
    IMG_2813.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 439

The use of negative space for lighting is :pimp:

While tattoos like this still look good in person usually, they look A LOT better in pics. Same for those Greek statue type tattoos. Jun Cha’s tattoos looked amazing in pics, my friend got his arm done by him and when I finally saw it in person, while it did look good I was like oh thats it…all that depth and whatnot you see in pics just doesnt “pop” as much.

How was the back of the knee? Was the paint as bad as people say it is?
I honestly didn’t feel much on this which is surprising to me. I have just my calve on the other leg and a way smaller piece it hurt like hell

Where do you guys usually look for new inspirations? Do you check out artists profiles or other blogs?

Looking for a leg piece and lacking ideas

While tattoos like this still look good in person usually, they look A LOT better in pics. Same for those Greek statue type tattoos. Jun Cha’s tattoos looked amazing in pics, my friend got his arm done by him and when I finally saw it in person, while it did look good I was like oh thats it…all that depth and whatnot you see in pics just doesnt “pop” as much.

I think thats any tattoo to be fair. Tattoos are always going to look best when its fresh.

hot take, I think Jun Cha's work is overrated as hell. 10 years ago his work was considered amazing.

But now, there are so many other artists better than him.

Where do you guys usually look for new inspirations? Do you check out artists profiles or other blogs?

Looking for a leg piece and lacking ideas
I normally think of what I would want first or an idea then start browsing for artists/profiles

Jun Cha the best photographer in the business.

I think thats any tattoo to be fair. Tattoos are always going to look best when its fresh.

hot take, I think Jun Cha's work is overrated as hell. 10 years ago his work was considered amazing.

But now, there are so many other artists better than him.

Traditional or Japanese looks really good in person compared to pics. The “falloff” isnt as as much as those black and white negative space or statue type tattoos. Again, not saying their bad cause they look good in person also, just not as good as the pics which they look extra phenomenal.

My favorite artist is Robert Pho. I may be a little biased because I'm Cambodian too but his work is smooth as hell
mine is Steve butcher and Victoria Lee. I was gonna get a piece by Steve butcher when he was in LA but too many hoops to jump through so I chalked it

mine is Steve butcher and Victoria Lee. I was gonna get a piece by Steve butcher when he was in LA but too many hoops to jump through so I chalked it
Steve is my number one for color, his work is crazy. But yeah all the big name artist is always going to make you run through hoops before you can get anything done.

Traditional or Japanese looks really good in person compared to pics. The “falloff” isnt as as much as those black and white negative space or statue type tattoos. Again, not saying their bad cause they look good in person also, just not as good as the pics which they look extra phenomenal.

i actually think colored traditional/Japanese tattoos ages pretty bad.

especially when the person doesnt take care of their skin and use sunblock.

Last edited:
i actually think colored traditional/Japanese tattoos ages pretty bad.

especially when the person doesnt take care of their skin and use sunblock.

I know all these opinions but what isnt is bold will hold. Traditional and traditional Japanese tattoos hold the best over time. Anything with heavy black will.

I know all these opinions but what isnt is bold will hold. Traditional and traditional Japanese tattoos hold the best over time. Anything with heavy black will.

Yea for black.

But when colored ink starts fading it looks bad imo. Including bold tattoos imo. Black ink in general stays in your skin longer because it takes more time for your body to break down the ink particles

Tattooing has come a long way in the last 10 yrs. I think Instagram is a big reason for that.

Industry is waaaay more mainstream now and as a result more professional.

And as with anything that becomes super mainstream and popular the culture inherently becomes less cool.

Guy who tattooed me said when he first started in the early 90's he couldn't operate out of a shop in the local area cause Bikers would pull up and give you that work :lol:

Yea for black.

But when colored ink starts fading it looks bad imo. Including bold tattoos imo. Black ink in general stays in your skin longer because it takes more time for your body to break down the ink particles

As opposed to what? Those statue type tattoos aint gonna hold.

it's all personal preference some people like to have murals on their body, some people like to look like a chipotle bag, some people like to look like a sticker sheet

Back
Top Bottom