***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Just finished the second session to this neck piece I started 3 years ago. Should’ve been done along time ago but I ended up sitting in jail for 22 months while I fought my case. Anyways, I was shocked to see that he still had the original sketch after all that time.
7B34AD0B-EB95-4F9D-9960-B122029F4A4F.jpeg
This photo was taken during a 15 min break
325BCCE3-8DD4-4F92-8863-DB7FB4A8D42F.png
92295E02-829B-4C8C-80A8-E3054D2B3A95.jpeg

This photo was taken a week and a half later. Still need a couple more sessions but I’m pleased with it so far.

Just finished the second session to this neck piece I started 3 years ago. Should’ve been done along time ago but I ended up sitting in jail for 22 months while I fought my case. Anyways, I was shocked to see that he still had the original sketch after all that time.
7B34AD0B-EB95-4F9D-9960-B122029F4A4F.jpeg
This photo was taken during a 15 min break
325BCCE3-8DD4-4F92-8863-DB7FB4A8D42F.png
92295E02-829B-4C8C-80A8-E3054D2B3A95.jpeg

This photo was taken a week and a half later. Still need a couple more sessions but I’m pleased with it so far.
Salute. Those tats to the head/back of the neck are a bxxxx. It's the only tat where I needed more than one session to finish

Salute. Those tats to the head/back of the neck are a bxxxx. It's the only tat where I needed more than one session to finish

Man you aint lying. I’ve been sober for 2 years now so this last session hurt a shhtload more than when I was still using.

I got some work done when I was locked up that I’ll be posting later. Not the best work but then again it only cost a soup or a hunnybun 🤣

You traveled to TX for that one? Any recs for Denver shops / artists?
Yup, flew to Austin, TX for the one day sesh

Nobody at the level of David Vega here IMO but definitely some worthwhile artists. I’m super picky and have only had work from Vega and my dude Lorenzo Baca here locally, who did my first tat, this Hunter S Thompson
IMG_3958.jpeg

IMG_3957.jpeg

IMG_3959.jpeg

Some other artists that were on my list:
Jacob Sheffield (he’s in Grand Junction though)
Salvador Diaz

Zach Donn (but looks like he’s splitting his time between Denver and Cali now)

I feel like black n grey artists that specialize in greek/roman statues are running out of ideas/references.

its to the point where they use a reference photo that doesnt even look good but they still choose it because its different than the typical zeus, poseidon, etc references.

how do yall feel about artists re-using their own designs assuming the customer is okay with it?

Yup, flew to Austin, TX for the one day sesh

Nobody at the level of David Vega here IMO but definitely some worthwhile artists. I’m super picky and have only had work from Vega and my dude Lorenzo Baca here locally, who did my first tat, this Hunter S Thompson

Some other artists that were on my list:
Jacob Sheffield (he’s in Grand Junction though)
Salvador Diaz

Zach Donn (but looks like he’s splitting his time between Denver and Cali now)

Thanks. Sheffield and Diaz are both really good.

I like this artist out of Denver, Aries Rhysing, but his books are closed... I am liking the 3d / depth mixed geometry designs.

Thanks. Sheffield and Diaz are both really good.

I like this artist out of Denver, Aries Rhysing, but his books are closed... I am liking the 3d / depth mixed geometry designs.

Yeah I checked and looks like I’m following him too on IG lol he’s actually at the same All Sacred shop that Zach Donn was at. Looks like he might be elsewhere now

They’re both dope, I love the geometric stuff as well. I was heavy into sacred geometry and I had Zach Donn create this Egyptian piece that I was gonna have him follow up with a sacred geometric pattern on the second go round

scheduling conflicts ended up happening so he gave me my deposit back and I agreed to let him use the art on somebody else..
IMG_3962.jpeg

Every time I look at it I’m thinking ‘damn I wish I woulda got it done’ lol

But he mixes up stuff too
IMG_3963.jpeg

IMG_3965.jpeg

IMG_3964.jpeg

Also the really good artists are all gonna be booked out unless you get lucky and catch them right as they’re finishing up their books and opening things up

Also the really good artists are all gonna be booked out unless you get lucky and catch them right as they’re finishing up their books and opening things up

Yea I go in and out of wanting new ink. I was thinking about starting at my ankle and adding upwards, but also worried about how bad it will hurt on my shins :lol:

Yea I go in and out of wanting new ink. I was thinking about starting at my ankle and adding upwards, but also worried about how bad it will hurt on my shins :lol:
I feel you brotha!

I have 5 kids and thus far, only have 2 tattooed on me… 😵

I’ve only done my arms and the outside of my forearm wasn’t bad but for some reason the inside of my forearm was death. Idk if it’s cuz I’m skinny but I did a 10 hour sesh with David Vega without eating first and wasn’t able to get food delivered way up where his studio is so I did 10 hours and almost tapped out 2948592 times in that window lol

Left his shop in bad shape, haven’t got a tattoo since 😂

I always hear people talking about shins being so horrible, but I didn't find them bad at all. Now, inching toward the knee pit, that was a bit dicey. It's the thin/stretchy/loose skin that is most difficult for me.

Idk how y’all do it. My inner forearm was 10 hours of torture. **** was traumatic lol which is weird because the outer forearm was easy peasy.

They also were different artists so idk if that had anything to do with it but I had big plans for covering quite a bit of my body with tattoos and that shxt came to a halt real quick.

I just need to finish my kids stuff and I’m done. All the artsy stuff I had planned is out the window lol

No food for 10hr session? You wildin

Oh trust me - one of the dumbest things I ever did. I was out of town in a city I’d never been to before and had no clue this dudes shop was way up in these hills where nobody would deliver food to, nor was there anywhere to get food within walking distance.

Like I said, **** was traumatizing 😂

I'm telling y'all. Outside of eating prior to, keep sugar with you during your session. Every break munch on some oreos, take a swig of mtn dew and water. You'll be straight.

Back
Top Bottom