***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Question, anyone dealt with an apprentice before? I know someone who's been doing it for 2 years and recently started tattooing in the last 6 months, what I has in mind isn't nothing crazy or overly complex ( tradition Americana ) and he said he would be free :nerd: since he's apprenticing :nerd: thoughts / words / advice ? :nerd:

Don't do it! It's free for a reason. If he was good enough to charge $150 an hour he'd be doing it.

can anyone recommend an artist in upstate ny? would be willing to travel a few hours

Depends on what style you want.

Not my thing, but if I were to get any traditional tattoos I'd probably go to Tim Hendricks or if I had enough money to fly outta country, Moe Ness.

Tim Hendricks in Socal:

Moe Ness in Germany:

Last edited:
dude traditional is one of the hardest. look at the bold crisp outlines. a new dude is gonna mess those up for sure. stay away.
10piece came out sick bro. i thought the same, goes nice with your other traditional work.
Thanks bruh. And yeah, traditional is tough, its bold outlines and really good lines. Proportions and colors is a big thing too. My artist isnt "true" traditional, but I like the palette of colors he uses.

Jeez, Cali has legit spot after legit spot. NYC has great artist's too, but you could probably research for half an hour and come up with a list in no time. Cali must be abundant.

Had this pic on my computer for a while but no idea of who/where/what.. does anyone have any info on this?

Oh yeah...for you Bay Area guys, I checked out War Horse tattoo in Berkeley over the weekend and they are legit. The tattoo shop is super nice and the owner either seems to be a fan of other tattoo artists or knows them personally. I kind of felt like an idiot talking to them but they were super nice and let me take a look at their art in their shop. They had orginal paintings from Mike Rubendall, Luke Francis, I think an Ed Hardy orginal and more. The guy George Campise seems to be the most talanted and I assume is the owner as well. Anyways, really impressed with their set up and would go there in a hear beat.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/war-horse-tattoo-berkeley
http://info.warhorsetattoo.com/#GEORGE-CAMPISE

thx bro, been looking for a spot

Not my thing, but if I were to get any traditional tattoos I'd probably go to Tim Hendricks or if I had enough money to fly outta country, Moe Ness.

Tim Hendricks in Socal:

This piece is something else. Love the muted colors and the whole placement of the art with the ship in the middle, eagle and snake on top and roses on the bottom. I would be very happy with that tattoo.

And for the people in the Bay that want to go to a "legit" convention in October. Some of the best will be there for tattooing and just selling merchandise.

info.jpg

http://www.stateofgracetattoo.com/SJConvention/info.html

I went last year and even though I was just walking around looking at things, it was just dope to see people get inked up. Plus I swear I had the worst tattoos because everyone that was just a fan looked like they invested a lot of money into themselves. Here are some pics that I took:

yellow-blaze-2.jpg
yellow-blaze-3.jpg
yellow-blaze-5.jpg
yellow-blaze-12.jpg
yellow-blaze-13.jpg

This piece is something else. Love the muted colors and the whole placement of the art with the ship in the middle, eagle and snake on top and roses on the bottom. I would be very happy with that tattoo.
And for the people in the Bay that want to go to a "legit" convention in October. Some of the best will be there for tattooing and just selling merchandise.
info.jpg

I was thinking about hitting this up. Wouldn't mind walking away with a piece from either Jeff Gogue or Chuey Quintanar and both dudes rarely stop by the Bay Area. They are probably booked already though.

Edit: Yeah just found this on his website "Jeff is not currently accepting any new clients or appointment requests. As he is currently booked out 1 1/2 - 2 years out he is trying to remain focused on current clients and projects before taking on anything new."

Last edited:
i think that the design is good for a piece. just know that la santa muerte is the patron saint of homosexuals, bisexuals, transexuals, transgender, prostitutes and those that live on the margins or outside of the law ie gangs and human/drug traffickers

Yea I was going to change that to something along the lines of beautiful death

^^^^From what I remember last time, people were getting really small tattoos (compared to sleeves anyways) from even the big name people. It wasn't anything special either but you can say you got a tattoo from "that tattoo artist". Even these conventions, you have to book them in advance. The guy that was getting tatted up by Shige in the pics above spent almost 4 hours getting work done when I was there and I am sure he was getting inked all weekend by him. I don't think he worked on anyone else.

But this convention is more of a fan fest....like the Comic Con of tattooing. I had a grip of business cards and stickers and got even a print as well. I enjoyed it and just like seeing all these guys in the flesh in one area.

Im gonna go through to the next NYC Tattoo Festival thing, I would do the same thing, grab a bunch of business cards and whatnot.
laugh.gif

:wow: :wow: :wow: at that guys artwork fong

id honestly get my entire arm done in his work, its :pimp: :pimp:

its like American traditional X Japanese X modern

:pimp: :pimp: good looks, i sorta feel bad walking into another shop with his art asking for it :lol: :lol:

Anyone in the NYC area ever get tatted by Bang Bang?..He's located in Manhattan and has done work for a number of celebrities.

:wow: :wow: :wow: at that guys artwork fong
id honestly get my entire arm done in his work, its :pimp: :pimp:
its like American traditional X Japanese X modern
:pimp: :pimp: good looks, i sorta feel bad walking into another shop with his art asking for it :lol: :lol:

Well if you do get his work done by someone else, just don't post it on any social network sites. A lot of people actually have done that and some of those tattoos have come back to him and he always puts them on blast. I think it happens a lot in the tattoo world where original art gets taken and tattooed. I would consider it flattering more so then plagiarism but I guess it depends on the artists that is getting ripped off. That dude is dope though. Super talented artist and does his artwork fast too.

Here's the chick that tattooed Omarion. Not great but she seems to have a good clientele with some celebs.

http://www.tiffanytattooz.com/home

tat1copy.jpg
x2_63b7ea5

I would go to him directly but he's in OH, :\ lemme know how your tiger / snake turns out, I want that owl piece I saw on his blog but not too found of the rabbit :/ anyone done cover ups before? I have something on my right arm? About palm sized and would like to get it covered up, perhaps with that owl :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom