***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Surgical Ink in Hampton, VA

this picture is from about 7 months ago

Wait thats new ink Fong? I swear you had that done before?

Haha. I was telling my girl that no one would really ever notice that I did more work unless I showed a before and after pic.

grown-man-sport-1.jpg

The dragon just got filled more. The belly is orange and the hands are slightly pink and the flame is now red. Actually Lango did spend an hour just touching up the greens. You can tell that the bottom pic just looks a little more solid with the scales. It wasn't a whole lot of progress like I thought though plus a lot of the color, especially the orange, doesn't really show well on my skin. So it really is kind of hard to tell that a whole lot has been done from yesterday.

79fe5960f3f611e1a3b222000a1e9fb4_7.jpg

Last edited:
What would it matter if his portfolio was amazing?
>D

I feel like to be a tattoo artist, you need to have your "right of passage" by getting tatted (heavily) first. >D

Besides, show me an artist with an amazing portfolio who isnt tatted up (or has very few tattoos).
He could have tattoos that are covered up by pants and a shirt. A nice portfolio of work is still a better criteria to judge an artist than how many tattoos he or she has.

He could have tattoos that are covered up by pants and a shirt. A nice portfolio of work is still a better criteria to judge an artist than how many tattoos he or she has.
Well duh.
laugh.gif

And Fong, nice man. I knew you had the dragon before, I just didnt know how much of it you had done. Are you gonna do windbars and all that background work too eventually?

Boats are awesome. I want something like that on my back in the future.

Anybody recommend a good artist in the DMV? I'd prefer Maryland but I'll travel for good work.

In silver spring, there's a spot called ambrottos(I'm sure my spelling is off haha) there's a guy named Mike,not Mikey-MIke. He's the owner and his work is beautiful, but they are pricey.

Some of my favorite artists:

Tim Pangburn:

Chris Adamek:

Jesse Smith:

Paul Acker:

Jeff Gogue:

Stefan Alcantara:

Isn't there another tattoo show on FX? I think it's starting again soon :nerd:

^

Yeah, I been following for a bit and everytime he posts something its unreal. Still not as traditional as I would like it, but his work is top notch. The Mike Rubendall of Japan.

This topic moves pretty slow lol, me and Fong cant be the only ones getting inked.
laugh.gif

Starting my left arm tomorrow with Rodrigo Melo. 2 hour session, I checked his instagram and with 2 hours he gets A LOT done. Basically the outline elbow up to a bit on the chest is what im getting done tomorrow.

This topic moves pretty slow lol, me and Fong cant be the only ones getting inked. :lol:

Starting my left arm tomorrow with Rodrigo Melo. 2 hour session, I checked his instagram and with 2 hours he gets A LOT done. Basically the outline elbow up to a bit on the chest is what im getting done tomorrow.

I'll be back in a few months with my leg piece, then sometime next year to finish up the right side of my back. Posted my rib piece back a page or two.

^

Octopus? Pretty dope, came out pretty clean. The colors of the octopus is pretty nice though I never been a fan of colored waves for some reason, but overall good stuff.

This topic moves pretty slow lol, me and Fong cant be the only ones getting inked. :lol:

We'll probably only see new tattoos from NTers every week or two since it's not something that occurs everyday. Even collector's on average have 1-4 sessions a year. I wouldn't mind seeing NTers post any of their old tattoos though. Even if you've posted it before in the old thread.

2 hours by Rodrigo Melo.

Chest was a %*#@*(%)#(@^.
sick.gif

But love it so far, hes gonna do another koi on my forearm and its gonna have cherry blossoms and peonies around. I got lucky and sneaked in this appointment today due to a cancellation, next appointment is Dec. 2 though unless theres a cancellation (hopefully).

Episode is up now. Wow! I already want to book a flight and get tattooed from her. Love her work! It's a classic style but more refined and detailed. Love how she went to animation school too. I really like tattoo artists that have more of a background of art then just tattooing. Seems like this will be a good series.

Back
Top Bottom