***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

I like the gypsy and peacock. I'm not one for realism tattoos though. I really only like traditional and Japanese but I can respect it. Just not something I'd ever get. I'm a big bold hard outline kinda guy.

pretty obvious its Chicago... 
Its something you have to think about, so no its not obvious.

The regular person would assume its NYC first cause of the train, then look at the buildings and have to second guess that.

In any case, the artwork on that isnt that great anyway.

I didn't really think much about it 
laugh.gif

The Sears Tower is a pretty iconic building IMO. 

Whatev, I actually agree on the the tatt not being that great anyways 
laugh.gif

the line work seems too basic for such a geometrical piece.

Lol. The average person would think that is NYC because NYC is the only city in the world that has trains right? London and Tokyo could also be mistaken for NYC right? :lol: A child could tell thats Chicago because even a child can recognize iconic buildings from all over the world. The Sears Tower, Hancock Tower, and Crane Communications building are clear as day in that tat. Even if you cant tell what those buildings are you are clowning yourself to think NYC wouldnt have the Empire State or Chrysler Buildings.

I think that chicago is fire. Better than the ****** up sihouettes most people get.

The fu dog is clearly a work in progress

Last edited:
Lol. The average person would think that is NYC because NYC is the only city in the world that has trains right? London and Tokyo could also be mistaken for NYC right?
laugh.gif
A child could tell thats Chicago because even a child can recognize iconic buildings from all over the world. The Sears Tower, Hancock Tower, and Crane Communications building are clear as day in that tat. Even if you cant tell what those buildings are you are clowning yourself to think NYC wouldnt have the Empire State or Chrysler Buildings.

I think that chicago is fire. Better than the ****** up sihouettes most people get.

The fu dog is clearly a work in progress
If you need to rationalize that much, then its not obvious. Not everyone is from a city and can recognize another city skyline. In any case, trains are highly associated with NYC, the train is obviously the focal point in that tattoo, so first thought train = NYC. Then you see the background and go oh wait a minute, not NYC.

Better than the ***** skylines and silhouettes other people get? Like what? Ive never seen a skyline or silhouette of a city tattoo that really impressed me, that ones no different.

That fu dog DESIGN, not artwork, is terrible. Why would you want those...things over your nipples like that? Thats not a good design, it looks awkward and takes away from the rest of the tattoo. Not to mention its not symmetrical.

I just looked at the train car and thought it was NYC. I don't even know what the Sears Tower looks like.

Empire State is TONS more recognizable to foreigners and in general, people. Sears? 
laugh.gif

I dont even wanna start with how muddy that first skull tattoo is. Lack of depth.

You don't recognize the sears tower? Next thing you'll tell me is that you don't recognize the eiffei tower, big ben, or burj khalifa. There is no rationalization. Some people have spent a whopping ten seconds in reality. Train = NYC. :lol: London, Tokyo, Beijing, Chicago, and just about any city with more than a million people are all NYC now. Thanks for putting me on. Most people who live in any city in the world now live in NYC.

I wouldn't want the fu dog. I hate chest tattoos. I wouldnt get most of what I posted in that post or in this thread. I just appreciate the art

Last edited:
Calm down, bro. Most of the US/world doesn't care about Chicago, so it's natural a lot of us wouldn't recognize the architecture.

I'm 30 years old and have never been to Chicago, nor have any plans to go before I die. The rest of the iconic building you mentioned I do know and recognize though.

It's a tattoo thread, it is not that serious.

I dont care to go to (or about) Sydney, Hong Kong, Seattle, and countless other cities. I could still recognize a pic of them. I definitely wouldnt confuse NYC with em.

Last edited:
I don't care about the sears tower, if it was a deep dish pizza behind the train then i'd know it was chicago. If it was the bull statue i'd recognize that as well.

Like I said i dont care about the space needle but i can still recognize it. Even buildings i cant name i still recognize. Seriously recognizing a city that aint yours is not hard at all.

Last edited:
Chicago is kinda known for their trains. unfortunately, a stupid train driver just crashed one of their trains at O'Hare. smh

City tattoos are just never done right or don't have the appeal of other tattoos. It's all architectural and everything has to be proportionally correct even if it has been caricatured a bit. Plus the balance of detail is always too much or too little.

Even these are pretty spot on as far as the actual design but for a tattoo, it just doesn't seem right imo.

tumblr_mp2e9ijI1g1ssx3aao1_500.jpg
Cityscape_1.jpg

I think the second one is okay. Like I said I just don't like the silhouette's that people get. Everytime I see a silhouette city tat I cringe. But at the same time I am not a fan of traditional.

I think outline tats are nice if done right. Not best ever quality but still visually pleasing
London10.jpg

Don't like the placement of this tat tho

This one is sick
pavel-roch-01.jpg

Line work for something this small and detailed will always be sloppy tho just because of how tattoos heal if anything. Still sick.

Last edited:
This new David Sena piece is dope. I've yet to see a bad octopus tattoo on someone

Last edited:
Octopus tats are ill. Got an Octopus fighting a shark but it is being lasered off enough to have a piece cover up the old one and I am redoing my Octopus fighting a shark on a different side of my body. The first one wasnt bad but it was done by the artist who ****** up my other backpiece and I dont want any of his **** on my body.

Back
Top Bottom