***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Nice dude. I've never gotten anything done their but their shop was super cool and from their portfolio, they seem to have pretty steady hands.

I just checked out this guy and he seems to have that brush technique down. He's from KT Dragon in San Jose. Never been there or met any of them so don't know what to really say about the shop. Seems pretty clean though.

http://instagram.com/thuan1114tattoo

appreciate it, I'll check them out

g

quick sesh with Ricardo Avila last night from Inkslingers in LA...not a uncommon piece but im doing music themed stuff on my lower arm next to my sinatra portrait

Any dark skin guys with sleeve tattoos?

I'm tossed up on wether or not I want to get a sleeve considering my skin tone.

I'm afro-american an have pretty damn chocolatey skin.

I'm at a 3.5 and i'm fully sleeved.. you just cant get certain colors.. blues purples.. just ask your artist..

I'm at a 3.5 and i'm fully sleeved.. you just cant get certain colors.. blues purples.. just ask your artist..

I'm at like a 5

When I go back to the shop next month I'll see what they suggest I guess.

I'm at like a 5

yeah if you have a good enough artist he can make it work... if you are that dark you'll have to settle for just black and gray... my arms are the darkest parts of my body, and i got color.. 

i'm probably like a 4-5 and have sleeves on both arms. left arm has color that shows up well, even yellow. also, little bit of white ink goes a long way in helping bring out color on my skintone.

in any case, i've learned the hard way how important sun block is for tattoos

I'm about a 4. Recently sold a couple pairs of shoes. I have $500 saved up for ink now. I just need to figure out what I want, and from who.

I'm at like a 5

You should really look at a black artist that specializes in color. That is why I like Miya Bailey, haven't see a non-black artist do color on dark skin and it look nice.

Prime, I'm like a 4.5 and I got colors. The colors I got are pink, red, orange, green and yellow. 
in any case, i've learned the hard way how important sun block is for tattoos
This will be my first time ever using sunblock, which one would you recommend? Does anyone have a preference of sun block

I don't use any sunblock now, but I only have black ink. I would use sunblock for a healing tattoo though.

Sunblock should only be used for after it's done healing. It could cause infections. Think about it, would you put sunblock to heal any open wound or even just bad skin?

I use Aquaphor which is a healing ointment and after about 3 days, I just use regular non scented lotion to heal the rest. Usually at most for me takes a week with this procedure and then after when you go out in the sun, you can use sunblock.

220.jpg

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/aquaphor-healing-skin-ointment/ID=prod14801-product

I use any spray on kind. Only if I know I'll be outside in the sun. It just fades your tattoos quicker. I gotta use sunscreen anyways or else I'll look like a red idiot.

Last edited:
^^^^It's the gift and the curse of tattoos. Like you want to show them off but you don't want to let them fade. The only part of my tattoo that gets a lot of exposure is my forearm but the shoulder stays dormant unless I go swimming and that is almost never the case, especially out in SF.

Ya I learned with my first tat how important sunblock is especially on color tats. I'm sticking to black and grey from now on. Can't wait to finish my half sleeve. Not to excited for the inside of my arm though

Gonna have to get to get my half sleeve done within the next year. Had it since 08, never wear sunblock and been in Nigeria since January lol.... Ahh well its free anyways and I need to get some ish added.

For the guy that asked I'm about a 5 in the skin complexion chart I have a half sleeve from my wrist to my elbow... Will get full sleeves eventually. Its mostly black and white but I do have a red flower.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom