***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

^^^^actually he did his apprenticeship at Lowrider in LA, which explains his style of tattooing. He said he met Jun Cha too and didn't think highly of him. He said he's somewhat over critical with other people's work. Granted my cousins wasn't nearly as good as he was then now but still, no point in showing a person that you don't like his work.

But again....I said it before, my cousin is a good kid. Dude is dedicated to this craft and even after graduating from college in design and being a straight laced kid, he chose to do this and will never look back (mostly due to him being totally tattooed now).

And a side note, his wife is crazy good at drawing too. Believe this or not, these are all drawings she did with like graphite pencils. I still don't get how she does it.

3d0a4598f36711e2a9d822000a9e29af_7.jpg
d90171d4433e11e38f8f22000a9e07b9_8.jpg
4112651819d611e3a37d22000a9f50cd_7.jpg
d0027cfe129c11e3b4bf22000aa80174_7.jpg
937d0e62bc5111e2aeca22000a9f18e5_7.jpg
415107a8c9b511e2820f22000a1fbcef_7.jpg

^^^^actually he did his apprenticeship at Lowrider in LA, which explains his style of tattooing. He said he met Jun Cha too and didn't think highly of him. He said he's somewhat over critical with other people's work. Granted my cousins wasn't nearly as good as he was then now but still, no point in showing a person that you don't like his work.

But again....I said it before, my cousin is a good kid. Dude is dedicated to this craft and even after graduating from college in design and being a straight laced kid, he chose to do this and will never look back (mostly due to him being totally tattooed now).

And a side note, his wife is crazy good at drawing too. Believe this or not, these are all drawings she did with like graphite pencils. I still don't get how she does it.

3d0a4598f36711e2a9d822000a9e29af_7.jpg
d90171d4433e11e38f8f22000a9e07b9_8.jpg
4112651819d611e3a37d22000a9f50cd_7.jpg
d0027cfe129c11e3b4bf22000aa80174_7.jpg
937d0e62bc5111e2aeca22000a9f18e5_7.jpg
415107a8c9b511e2820f22000a1fbcef_7.jpg

Does the wife sell any of these pencil sketches?

^^^^Here's the ironic part, she only does this for fun. Even my cousin would tell her to do this as a business but she seems somewhat of a purist and only wants to draw what she feels like. I think she does commission work for people she knows through my cousin like other fellow tattoo artists but I don't think is down to do anything other then that.

How would one go about commissioning a drawing of my "vision" or should I just talk to a tattoo artist and tell him my ideas? I know black and white for sure.

Yo Fong your cousin has that LA style I'm looking for. I'm currently on a waiting list for Carlos Torres but judging by those photo's I wouldn't mind your cousin starting my sleeve. Is he located anywhere near LA?

Edit

That shop is just a few miles away. I'll check him out soon

Last edited:
He's in Artesia CA which I guess is near LA (sorry, I am from up north). His site and Yelp are below. He does have a decent booking but I only think it is a month or so wait.

http://skanvastattoo.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/skanvas-tattoo-artesia

He has a whole crew of guys too but can't really vouch for the rest except for Anthony Carreiro. Dude has some nice lettering if you like that LA style.

http://instagram.com/562_a_carreiro

6e11928cb7ab11e38b71125977db192d_6.jpg
32617fe0a62611e3af150a387219b903_6.jpg
c7d67dce8faa11e3b31b129e1e6d88da_6.jpg
53a279268faa11e3ae740ea73095e8aa_6.jpg

And do NOT quote me on this and I almost hate to say it this way but these guys are really cheap compared to the really famous guys. I was talking to them about pricing and they all do it by the piece. My cousin has told me about his pricing and he would tell me he did "this" tattoo for like $500 -$700...and that is the whole thing. I have paid for $900 sessions because of going to a guy that has a $200 an hour price and I'd get no where near done with my piece. Of course all this could have changed as I only see my cousins once every 3-5 years but he did the Cow Palace tattoo expo in SF last year and that is what he told me.

Hey fellas, want to give props to all of you who post your work. I lurk this thread by far the most on here...

Anyway I am looking to get a very basic and small cross tattoo on my forearm, do all shops charge a minimum? I don't wanna drop 100 on a tattoo that simple. Thanks

He's in Artesia CA which I guess is near LA (sorry, I am from up north). His site and Yelp are below. He does have a decent booking but I only think it is a month or so wait.

http://skanvastattoo.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/skanvas-tattoo-artesia

He has a whole crew of guys too but can't really vouch for the rest except for Anthony Carreiro. Dude has some nice lettering if you like that LA style.

http://instagram.com/562_a_carreiro

6e11928cb7ab11e38b71125977db192d_6.jpg
32617fe0a62611e3af150a387219b903_6.jpg
c7d67dce8faa11e3b31b129e1e6d88da_6.jpg
53a279268faa11e3ae740ea73095e8aa_6.jpg

And do NOT quote me on this and I almost hate to say it this way but these guys are really cheap compared to the really famous guys. I was talking to them about pricing and they all do it by the piece. My cousin has told me about his pricing and he would tell me he did "this" tattoo for like $500 -$700...and that is the whole thing. I have paid for $900 sessions because of going to a guy that has a $200 an hour price and I'd get no where near done with my piece. Of course all this could have changed as I only see my cousins once every 3-5 years but he did the Cow Palace tattoo expo in SF last year and that is what he told me.

Not a fan of script but I dig your cousins work. There's a ton of up and coming artist out of LA that do great work for cheap compared to the bigs. You're cousin included. I agree on the charging by piece versus hour. That's why I'm down to go with your cousin. I'll be rolling by his shop soon

Started on my back last week. Scabbing up pretty badly. Not sure if some color is being pulled out or it's just lookign flaky right now. Hoping I don't need to retouch everything.

My first tat didn't scab up at all and I pretty much used the same aftercare method. Sigh

been a minute since i posted on this page... i had an appointment with Noah M decided to cancel and take the L on the deposit, decided to go with Realism for my statuesque work instead ... so here is my work done by Ivano Natale .. its Athena and Nike... theme is Wisdom and Victory

Started on my back last week. Scabbing up pretty badly. Not sure if some color is being pulled out or it's just lookign flaky right now. Hoping I don't need to retouch everything.

My first tat didn't scab up at all and I pretty much used the same aftercare method. Sigh
Scabbing wont pull out the color unless you peel off a hard scab. If it looks "faded" for a few days thats normal as well.

Hey fellas, want to give props to all of you who post your work. I lurk this thread by far the most on here...

Anyway I am looking to get a very basic and small cross tattoo on my forearm, do all shops charge a minimum? I don't wanna drop 100 on a tattoo that simple. Thanks
A simple black cross? Regardless of design (or lack thereof in this case), youre also paying for line work.

Theres still a difference in a $100 simple black cross and a $40 black cross.

been a minute since i posted on this page... i had an appointment with Noah M decided to cancel and take the L on the deposit, decided to go with Realism for my statuesque work instead ... so here is my work done by Ivano Natale .. its Athena and Nike... theme is Wisdom and Victory

Sick with it. Going for a similar theme myself (realism). Let me know if you do get that appointment with Carlos

Last edited:
Sick with it. Going for a similar theme myself (realism). Let me know if you do get that appointment with Carlos

for sure bro.. i was just about to respnd to ur PM.. i actually spoke with George (receptionist) a few mths ago cuz i have an appt at timeline with rember orellana in june and i tried to set up a collabo between rember and carlos he was on board for the idea but said carlos is booked that day.. i dunno why i didnt just ask him to put me on Carlos waiting list that day.. now i kinda feel weird calling back hahaa

NT tattoo brethren, is it gay that I want to get a tattoo on my left wrist?

I've always been into music and feel that it's gotten me through so many hard times.. I want to get the words
"Where Words Fail
Music Speaks"
put onto my left wrist. My left one being because I'm eventually gonna get a tribal armband tattoo on my left bicep when I go back home to Hawaii so having my tattoos on the same arm would be nice I think.. and also because I'll be able to see it when I play guitar. (Been playing for 3 years now) I also think that if I need to cover it for work or anything, I can put a watch over it. I want to get music notes on the sides coming off of the words, ya know? Something artistic instead of just words.

Whatcha think?
Don't get it in cursive and have like a dope background to accompany it and I think it'd be :pimp: I feel a simple tattoo on the wrist for a male would look feminine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get it in cursive and have like a dope background to accompany it and I think it'd be
pimp.gif
I feel a simple tattoo on the wrist for a male would look feminine.
Nah b.

Def not feminine. No background on a script wrist tat, thats odd. I have a wrist tattoo, then again I have no space on either arm.

Back
Top Bottom