***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

If i was to get a tat, i want something like this

:nthat:

It's never cool to ask another tattoo artist to do an exact replica of someone else's piece.

Nah man, I am having the same artist do a piece he previously did before. Dude does amazing Greek god tattoos, I was simply trying to justify the price he gave me to see what a good price tag would be for such quality of work.

Planning on getting my first one for my 26th birthday next month. What's the typical process in finding the right artist?

Planning on getting my first one for my 26th birthday next month. What's the typical process in finding the right artist?

The right artist is going to depend on what style/design you have in mind and how far you're willing to travel and/or wait to get it done. another important aspect is to make sure you find an artist that has experience in tattooing on darker colored skin (iirc from the db thread). You can either surf the web or just browse through ig until you find a few artists that you dig. Hit them up with a few questions and see which one you feel comfortable with.

Fall/winter time is best time to get big piece (half sleeve and bigger) tatted.

**** was annoying af in summer

Last edited:
I actually prefer spring/summer. In the winter, wearing a jacket makes it annoying for me to have a healing piece (most of mine have been on my arms). Plus with sweatshirts/sweaters/etc, the minimal clothing approach of warmer weather is personally better for me.

The right artist is going to depend on what style/design you have in mind and how far you're willing to travel and/or wait to get it done. another important aspect is to make sure you find an artist that has experience in tattooing on darker colored skin (iirc from the db thread). You can either surf the web or just browse through ig until you find a few artists that you dig. Hit them up with a few questions and see which one you feel comfortable with.

Yeah I'm willing to travel within the southeast if I can't find someone local that I like. I've heard that it's important finding someone that has done darker skin before. I want a black and gray piece, here are two local artists that I've found that I like. Some of their work looks great to me while others not so much. You guys have a better eye than I do. Which artist looks better to y'all? I'm mainly concerned with the lines and detailing

http://instagram.com/victron_tattoo
http://instagram.com/spittingwisdom

Was watching tattoo redemption and man ... Some of those tattoos that looked good, after healing, terrible.

I actually prefer spring/summer. In the winter, wearing a jacket makes it annoying for me to have a healing piece (most of mine have been on my arms). Plus with sweatshirts/sweaters/etc, the minimal clothing approach of warmer weather is personally better for me.
True. But I say that because when I got my whole back done, it was 6 sessions back to back, and in summer I go to beach/pool or do outdoors stuff often...had to basically keep out of sun/chlorine from June to August smh

Was watching tattoo redemption and man ... Some of those tattoos that looked good, after healing, terrible.
You watch Ink Master too?

Is it just me, or are most of these artists trash?  Every season, there are like..... 3-5 artists who I would consider getting a tattoo from.  The rest seem terrible.  Can't even believe you can be on a tattoo TV show, and mess up as bad as some of these artists do. 

The people who sign up to get tattooed on that show are idiots. Gambling with your skin like that is foolish.

Working on horror theme back piece. One or two more sitting to bring it all together and touch up. Really regret not putting in Gage from pet cemetery . May try to squeeze him in. Doubt it though.

That **** is so kreative n every movie is :smokin

It should depend on klimate/geography. Im in socal n the spring/summer months are brutal kuz the heat n sun exposure. It kan kause heat rash n fade the tat.

The people who sign up to get tattooed on that show are idiots. Gambling with your skin like that is foolish.

Exaktly :lol:

Nah, but yeah to each his/her own tho

Been thinkin bout gettin my biceps blasted with the set...just gotta get in shape a bit first :lol:

Got this done last night. Hit up @cakeduplok ! He is located in Greenbelt, MD. Charge $100 the hour. Got these pieces done. Next session gettn the aura and fill ins plus one more piece and piece from elbow to shoulder.

Last edited:
Anyone have the problem of not knowing what to get but wanting to get something from a specific artist?

Such is my dilemma. Actually, there are 3 (2 specific artists, and 1 shop) I've narrowed it down to.

Miya Bailey. Son is in Atlanta. Very accessible to me, here in NYC.

https://www.instagram.com/miyabailey/?hl=en

Next, Ildo. I just discovered dude recently, but son is in Korea :x
https://www.instagram.com/ildo_tattoo/
I don't have Korea on my list of upcoming travel destinations.

Finally, Bang Bang NYC. Just dope tats from seemingly all artists there.

My buddy just got a tattoo over the weekend. It was pretty intense watching how everything comes together

I don't have a tat but have always entertained the idea of it.

I'm a pretty silly guy, so I always figured I wanted some sort of playful tattoo, maybe something from my childhood like a cartoon or game character.

But after watching my buddy get his tattoo and seeing the piece of art come together, I'm so drawn to the realness.

The shading, the look, everything. It makes simple tattoos and single pieces look like child's play. Almost like they don't belong.

I never paid much attention to big pieces like this because they're hard for me to look at, at what is going on, too much was happening.

But now I'm fascinated and can't stop looking at all the detail and can't help but appreciate every little piece of it.

Back
Top Bottom