***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Recent blast over

IMG_4256.jpeg

Folks that get put under for tats are losers to me..

These jits want full body tats in 24 hours and not go through the process.

i’ll let folk rock with whatever choice they make when it comes to getting tattoos, but for as painful as the process can be, it makes me appreciate the outcome even more. not only could i not afford to be “put under” but even if i had to loot to do it, i wouldn’t. i hate and love the experience —the excitement and anticipation of seeing the finished piece is worth bearing the pain, for me at least.

shoot, some of the best and more insightful conversations i’ve had with people have been while sitting in the chair/table and choppin it up with the artists.

i say all of this now, but trust me, i’ll be singing a different tune while im squeezing the **** out of the seat cushion and gritting my teeth when getting my other leg done

Anyone in here ever actually done the act of tattooing (instead of getting tattooed)?

It was almost one of my "dream jobs" when I was growing up, but after HS I started creating less and less. I loved watching the show Ink Master, but it was crazy how many of those contestants were absolute trash artists.

Anyone in here ever actually done the act of tattooing (instead of getting tattooed)?

It was almost one of my "dream jobs" when I was growing up, but after HS I started creating less and less. I loved watching the show Ink Master, but it was crazy how many of those contestants were absolute trash artists.

I think ogbobbyjohnson773 ogbobbyjohnson773 tatts himself??

About 7yrs ago I was putting a portfolio together to get an apprenticeship. I got offered a spot but never took it cause I couldn't afford to work full time hours unpaid.

A couple years later when I was in a better position financially I went to another shop for an 'interview'.

The owner was an old school metal/biker chick... She GRILLED my *** and shone a light on the reality of the game that had me wanting no smoke from that point forth :lol:

About 7yrs ago I was putting a portfolio together to get an apprenticeship. I got offered a spot but never took it cause I couldn't afford to work full time hours unpaid.

A couple years later when I was in a better position financially I went to another shop for an 'interview'.

The owner was an old school metal/biker chick... She GRILLED my *** and shone a light on the reality of the game that had me wanting no smoke from that point forth :lol:

Yea that was always part of my hesitancy as well... I'm not looking to be a shop bish for X-years, before I'm even allowed to tattoo someone.

In college I almost bought a tattoo gun on ebay, and was just gonna F around and see how difficult it was. Never did, but still wonder every so often

pretty sure Oozy is the biggest tattoo artist right now.

I dont think theres any other tattoo artist with more followers than him.

he deadass gave jobs to a bunch of new tattoo artists by inspiring them to specialize in anime tattoos.

one of the reason why hes so ****ing good is that he was previously working as an animator for an animation studio in Korea so he already had talent + actual training in art before he picked up the needle.

did this freehand... no stencil.... ****ing insane

pretty sure Oozy is the biggest tattoo artist right now.

I dont think theres any other tattoo artist with more followers than him.

he deadass gave jobs to a bunch of new tattoo artists by inspiring them to specialize in anime tattoos.

one of the reason why hes so ****ing good is that he was previously working as an animator for an animation studio in Korea so he already had talent + actual training in art before he picked up the needle.

did this freehand... no stencil.... ****ing insane

berserk tho :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire:

yeah
I tattoo myself, stick and poke - "ignorant style" I guess you could say but I also try and poke as close to possible as looking like it was done with machine

Ive always loved the trashy, 80s, sunset blvd, hair metal, ed hardy type aesthetic so thats my thing

these are some of mine

Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 4.52.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 4.53.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 12.43.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 12.41.44 PM.png

funny too, cause for me growing up, I watched miami ink all the time
was a huge inspo
never thought for one second though Id ever be tattooing in my life

Yea that was always part of my hesitancy as well... I'm not looking to be a shop bish for X-years, before I'm even allowed to tattoo someone.

In college I almost bought a tattoo gun on ebay, and was just gonna F around and see how difficult it was. Never did, but still wonder every so often

Id say just go for it
I wouldnt bother with an apprenticeship
theres so much quality content on youtube you can learn from
get the equipment you need and just practice on yourself
and eventually your friends once you start to get comfortable

then you can slowly build a client base

I have a regular job
but I set up my apartment like a studio
got a professional chair and all the equipment I need
wasnt crazy expensive either

and even still
if you want to go the shop route