[| -- Official The Clipse Til The Casket Drops Album Thread: Tuesday December 8th -- |]

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

People must not realize that Chad worked on HHNF as well.
Um, no, no he didn't. That was P by himself. It was produced right around the same time as In MyMind, in 2006 where P and Chad were working by themselves a lot (Chad with Kenna, etc.). Pharrell produced HHNF by himself but it was still credited to"The Neptunes." If you are familiar with the Neptunes at all, you would see how that album doesn't sound like your traditional Neptunes sound ATALL. It's heavily drum based (Pharrell) and somewhat simple (just like In My Mind) compared to most of theNeptunes' work. Chad even said himself back then that P was doing a lot of beats by himself at the time that were still being credited to "TheNeptunes."

Originally Posted by Ballinboboy13

damnn everytime i see this thread gettin bumped i think the album leaked ahaha
laugh.gif
me too I get too excited especially when I a new page hasbeen created

just like all albums, this will leak bout a week before the RD (unless some dude can snatch it from pushas hands)

I have to agree that the darkness of HHNF makes it their best project.

It all depends on what you're into...I just happen to enjoy dark music much more than upbeat stuff.

EnEyeKayEe wrote:
Illuztrious wrote:
Um, no, no he didn't. That was P by himself. It was produced right around the same time as In My Mind, in 2006 where P and Chad were working by themselves a lot (Chad with Kenna, etc.). Pharrell produced HHNF by himself but it was still credited to "The Neptunes." If you are familiar with the Neptunes at all, you would see how that album doesn't sound like your traditional Neptunes sound AT ALL. It's heavily drum based (Pharrell) and somewhat simple (just like In My Mind) compared to most of the Neptunes' work. Chad even said himself back then that P was doing a lot of beats by himself at the time that were still being credited to "The Neptunes."

I remember Questlove talking about being in the studio with them and Chad was working on "Ride Around Shinin"...

Originally Posted by Dapper D

EnEyeKayEe wrote:

Illuztrious wrote:

Um, no, no he didn't. That was P by himself. It was produced right around the same time as In My Mind, in 2006 where P and Chad were working by themselves a lot (Chad with Kenna, etc.). Pharrell produced HHNF by himself but it was still credited to "The Neptunes." If you are familiar with the Neptunes at all, you would see how that album doesn't sound like your traditional Neptunes sound AT ALL. It's heavily drum based (Pharrell) and somewhat simple (just like In My Mind) compared to most of the Neptunes' work. Chad even said himself back then that P was doing a lot of beats by himself at the time that were still being credited to "The Neptunes."

I remember Questlove talking about being in the studio with them and Chad was working on "Ride Around Shinin"...

I was about to say that.

While I follow and sometimes obsess over the credits, you can't always rely on those. Alot of people go uncredited for different things.

when are they coming to NY?

everyone in rap that ive ever reallly wanted to see ive seen.

raekwon, NaS, Slick rick and cormega.

I NEED to see them perform!!

COME TO NYC!!

Chad said in an interview that he did have his hands on HHNF but he wasn't as involved with the album as much he usually is involved in their projects

Chad on HHNF? Sure as hell didn't sound like it

btw I'm not doubting what you guys said (Illuztrious+ Dapper D),

that album sounds heavily P influenced.

Pharrell can be hit or miss with those elementary sounding beats.

I dunno. Chad very well could have worked on it but not much

DJ Wristpect's upcoming Bridging the Gap v.4 (TO to VA), which is hosted by the Clipse via2dopeboyz

i dont believe thats a clipse mixtape

[h1]Missing Obama Fried Chicken sign explained: Owner demanded $3K to be in Clipse video, director says[/h1]
BY Jake Brooks
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Monday, November 23rd 2009, 6:09 PM

alg_chicken.jpg

Courtesy of MTV
The Obama Fried Chicken sign was missing from the Clipse video when it was shown on MTV - but not on its YouTube version.

Brooklyn's Obama Fried Chicken is at the center of controversy, again. This time its owner probably won't be accused of racism, but maybe greed.

Though the chicken joint is featured in the new video for rapper Clipse's "Popular Demand," its name, which caused a bit of a scandal back in April, is not, according to Brokelyn.com.

In the opening shot of the video on MTV, Clipse can be seen entering Obama Fried Chicken, but when the camera pans back to where the sign normally would be, a blank yellow box appears instead.

Was it censorship?

Rik Cordero, the video's director, says no. He claims it came down to dollars and cents.

"The decision was made by the owner of the restaurant, who wouldn't sign our location agreement unless we paid him $3,000 cash," said Cordero, who decided not to cough up the cash for the rights to identify the restaurant. "Therefore, the sign had to be edited out for network television."

The same rules, however, do not apply to the video on YouTube, where the sign can still be seen.

"I can't really knock the guy," Cordero said, "because taking out the sign has now given Obama Fried Chicken even more free promotion than if we had left it in."

Cordero said the treatment for the video, which focuses on the rapper's love of friend chicken, called for shooting at a fried chicken restaurant at the intersection of Rutland Road and Rockaway Parkway. This meant shooting at either Crown Fried Chicken or Obama Fried Chicken. He put it to a vote, and the crew and talent on set voted for Obama.

"There was really no hidden meaning," he said about the decision.

LINK

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Personally, the Brothers Thornton will NEVER top HHNF as far as studio albums go...
nerd.gif

Speaking too soon ftl.
Naw...
laugh.gif
...no way. The mind blowing "
eek.gif
sick.gif
" lyrics just aren't there from everything so far off of TTCD. It's obviously much more mainstream and I'm fine with that to a certain extent.

The ANGER
mad.gif
, they had on HHNF is what made it so distinct and so special. That will never be matched again. Also, P's extremely dark/somewhat basic production throughout was perfect IMO.
Got Damn. I love the Clipse too & and all but c'mon bra. People in here gassing !*$+ up.
laugh.gif

HHNF production was just aiight. Nothing serious. This album is sounding just aight too with a lot of skippable tracks (i hope not) from what i been hearing. nothing to make me go "Wowww
eek.gif
eek.gif
". Again i love the Clipse but the way NT hype's stuff up is amazing
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom