Official The North Face thread

So this happened. Was able to finally find a brand new 1997/1998 yellow Mountain Light in my size. And for a steal! Over 20 years old and fresh as all hell.
20190113_130019.jpg
20190113_130038.jpg

Got a question for y’all tnf heads

Just ordered a new tnf Gotham jacket off Zappos yesterday since I had to retire my old Gotham from like 2007

I’m 5 11’ ish about 165lbs, I ordered a medium
Y’all think I’m good or not? Because right after I ordered I started seeing some reviews saying they fit big

Man I hope I’m good
All their stuff is built for boxy fat dudes so sizing down sometimes isn’t the best for fit. Could fit nice one way and too tight on the armpits. Sizing up you’d at least know you can get in the damn thing

Breh I'm about the same size maybe a little heavier depending on the week and all my NF stuff is L or XL. I have long *** arms though. With NF when in doubt, size up lol I know the Gotham is weird fitting for tall lanky folks.

If you got a Dicks or Gander Mountain or something near you go try some stuff on and get an idea of sizing on different models.

Anyone know a site or store in nyc for the 96 retro nuptse way under retail

Looking for under $200 tax shipping or both of any color jacket

Breh I'm about the same size maybe a little heavier depending on the week and all my NF stuff is L or XL. I have long *** arms though. With NF when in doubt, size up lol I know the Gotham is weird fitting for tall lanky folks.

If you got a Dicks or Gander Mountain or something near you go try some stuff on and get an idea of sizing on different models.
Lmao thanks bro

Anyone grab any thing from the Rage collection?

Grabbed the anorak and the full zip hoodie.

Thought it was kinda weird that several different sites have different prices on them (like $40-$60 difference)

Thinking about grabbing the shorts too.

That Phoenix suns motif is just perfection.

And 1978S 1978S that Aztec Blue Denali is everything.

Last edited:
Grabbed the anorak and the full zip hoodie.

Thought it was kinda weird that several different sites have different prices on them (like $40-$60 difference)

Thinking about grabbing the shorts too.

That Phoenix suns motif is just perfection.

And 1978S 1978S that Aztec Blue Denali is everything.
Word I grabbed a few things too. Who got the full zip hoodie tho? Haven't seen it locally

I was stoked to learn about the U.S. release of Purple Label and then bummed to read that the sizing will be more generous. The whole point of Purple Label for me is the ability to get slim-cut pieces that actually fit me. https://www.gq.com/story/the-north-face-purple-label-international-drop-exclusive

On a related topic, does anyone know where I can find the 1990 Mountain Jacket in Aztec Blue in size XS? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

So this happened. Was able to finally find a brand new 1997/1998 yellow Mountain Light in my size. And for a steal! Over 20 years old and fresh as all hell.
20190113_130019.jpg
20190113_130038.jpg

Dont mean to be personal but how much you drop for this? Looks so fire

Anybody in here have experience dealing with the lifetime warranty? Got a coat I turned in back around the holidays (broken zipper). They told me 8-12 weeks. Does it really take that long? :lol:

Dont mean to be personal but how much you drop for this? Looks so fire

No prob at all. $95 shipped. Unreal. Person I got it from didn't know what he had. Most of the stuff he sells is army affiliated memorabilia/gear. This thing could sell for somewhere around $275 and way up.

I'm keeping it but also have a mint condition yellow Mountain Guide as pictured below. Different yellow hues. Mountain Light is more of a gold color. Might let go of the Guide. Trying to slim down the collection but it's so tough.
20190113_130151.jpg

Some great pickups in here. I’m so hesitant to pick up older jackets because I’m just not with it enough to spot a fake

Back
Top Bottom