OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

Okay, it was a reach to say that Bodie was smarter than String but Slim Charles was. I guess I am not impressed by String because i know how foolish it is to think that econ 1 principles apply to everything. Econ 1 principle don't apply all that much to the drug game. heck, econ 1 principle barely apply to mainstream business.

I will give Stringer Bell credit for his labor supply analysis. He knew he could withhold pay and that the workers had no other options. Inelastic labor supply/being a monopolistic buyer of labor is fairly advanced and he did apply it to good effect, in a narrow business sense.

Season 2 painted the whole series for you.
Yes it did but just cuz it did that don't mean it told a better story or had better acting than s3.... or s4 for that matter.
Season 3 was good but I like ruffling feathers because I know a lot of people dismiss season 2 with the reasoning of “they didn’t show the streets”

Oh, but it did.
To me that was always a lame excuse and I got up on the show late but ppl kept saying they dotched the show after s2 or tell me don't stop watching after s2.

Its crazy.

Last edited:
My favorite part about season 2 was the pace in which the puzzle was assembled. I felt like they did it perfectly.

Yes it did but hust cuz it did that dont mean it told a better story or had better acting than s3.... or s4 for that matter.

To me that was always a lame excuse and I got up on the show late but ppl kept saying they dotched the show after s2 or tell me don't stop watching after s2.

Its crazy.

I feel you.

I'd say Slim Charles was more of an opportunist than intelligent. His talent was identifying who was smarter than he was at the moment and sticking with them. Definitely not saying he was dumb though.

I'll have to rewatch the series again. Thread making me want to restart my HBO Now subscription.

Slim didn't exist until season 3. I thought he only switched up because Avon got locked and Stringer was gone by then?

Don't get me wrong Slim was one of my favorite characters, but I don't see how he was more intelligent in the game than Stringer.

Slim was a slimy character. Didn't he line his own cousin up. Damn about to re-watch this. Did HBO improve quality, or is still in a fatback tv quality?

You’re giving String way too much credit here. Just because Slim Charles never found himself to be the top dog at any point doesn’t diminish his intelligence or how wise he was

Slim is the one who told String not to prioritize the drugs over their territory
Slim is the one to figure out how Marlo & Snoop are disposing of all the dead bodies
Slim also told String you can’t go around killing politicians
Slim is the one to tell Avon he has to sell the lie that Marlo killed String or else the morale of the entire crew would go down the drain
Slim helps to get Marlo to join the Co-Op
Slim saw that Marlo wanted to take over the Co-Op and warned Prop Joe

Stringer went down because he made a few bad moves. But as Avon said, it only takes one **** up for you to die. So you can argue Avon was actually smarter because he knew how to move within the game in traditional sense so he minimized his enemies because he was careful. Though like everyone else, he got caught because of the wire-taps.

Slim was a slimy character. Didn't he line his own cousin up. Damn about to re-watch this. Did HBO improve quality, or is still in a fatback tv quality?
I don't recall Slim doing anything like that. Maybe you're thinking of Devon, who I believe was Avon's cousin that he enlisted to seduce Marlo. Marlo eventually killed her himself, but Slim Charles didn't set her up.

Back
Top Bottom