Official TMNT thread, R.I.P to the OG Master Splinter

Heads up - Mirage is releasing TMNT #1 25th Anniversary Reprint for free May 2 (Free Comic Book Day).
I also picked up Bebop and Rocksteady
pimp.gif

^ May 2nd any Comic book shop.

http://freecomicbookday.com/

mirage.gif

Mirage Studios proudly celebrates FCBD09 - and its own 25th anniversary! - by reprinting the groundbreaking first issue of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird (first published in May, 1984)! Old fans and new readers alike will thrill to the seminal adventure of Donatello, Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Raphael and Master Splinter as they settle an age-old blood feud with their arch nemesis, the Shredder and his Foot Clan minions!

Got the Turtles... I need BeeBop Rocksteady April and Splinter and i havent seen them anywhere.... boo

[h1]Art Direction[/h1]Matt Leunig
Associate Producer
Ubisoft Entertainment

Character models
One of the most interesting things about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles brand is how they have changed and adapted over time. They have successfullyre-imagined themselves numerous times and are constantly exploring different avenues. Looking through the old comics or the different cartoon series you seethat they have represented themselves in so many different ways. The 4 distinct looks we looked for references were the following:

1.The original black & white comic

The atmosphere was definitely dark and gritty with more of a mature theme to it. Bloodshed was prevalent and they all possessed their iconic sinister grins andwhite eyes.

2.The 80's cartoon

TMNT was revamped as a cartoon to reach a younger audience as the toy line was being produced and wanted to reach a larger audience. Colored head bands weregiven to them to define their personalities better and the mood became a lot more slap-stick. The characters themselves became rounder and the eyeballs made areturn.

3.The recent 4Kids cartoon

To further add to each turtles personality, specific shades of green were assigned to each character. They became buffer and more jagged looking with slightinfluences of anime. The eyeballs were taken out and everything became a bit more stylized. The series as a whole was a lot more action-oriented and returnedto more of a serious tone.

4.The 2007 CGI movie

The turtles themselves lost the big muscles and became leaner and more athletic looking. The eyeballs returned and the entire color palette became a lot moresaturated. Much like the original comic, the atmosphere was grittier but the extreme violence was toned down. Everything felt and looked more mature.

We decided to go with more of the 3D look and use that as a start. The slimmer bodies worked best for the moves in game and a darker color palette set a goodmood throughout all the stages. Also, the white eyes returned giving the turtles more of the iconic look. With a lot of the characters we really tried to notstick one look, but pull elements from the different TMNT variations. As the characters are revealed, the blog will touch on this.

Environment

Concept art for the Sewers
We treated the arenas as if they were just as important as the characters. Each arena needed to have its own look and personality as well as bring somethingdifferent to the fight. The game developer Game Arts has a team that is well versed in designing stages especially for fighting games and really came up with agood variety of unique stages. Interactive elements are scattered throughout arenas which play a role in a player's strategy. There are destructibleelements as well that at times will either aid you in your win or lead to your doom. Cryptic, I know… Ooooh. All will be revealed in due time.

can they release more bebop and rocksteady figures already?? i mean come on. i feel like i'm looking for a needle in a haystack.

Finally got bebop, rocksteady, and april. No luck finding splinter yet though.
grin.gif

Took me over a month for my spot to get these and they were the only ones left.
179159438b67363ef27aa3c93634c967de930d6.jpg
10f253f4d589d6783623a93ded24575654bb085.jpg

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

i need splinter...haven't attempted to look since i've been very busy lol
'Sup proph, I don't think it should be hard to find a splinter around, they're all over the place here in SoCal.

[h2]
[/h2] [h2]TurtleDoc Update: TMNT Cast Interviews[/h2] [h3]March 16, 2009[/h3]

179_2057.jpg

Hi everyone! Tonight I am blogging on behalf of myself, Isaac, and the rest of the TurtleDoc Crew. Today…for me…was the perfect day. Isaac, Myself, and hiscrew spent the entire day at the Beverly Hills Eastman estate to interview practically the entire original voice cast of the 90's Turtles cartoon (PlusBrian Tochi, the voice of Leonardo from the films!)

I arrived at the house at about 11 am (WITH DONUTS!). When I arrived, Brian Tochi (Leonardo - Films) and Barry Gordon (Donatello) were already there withIsaac and Crew. Rob Paulsen (Raphael) soon arrived.

179_2006.jpg

While Brian was getting solo interviewed, I stole Rob and Barry away to our Greenroom. Townsend Coleman (Mikey) soon joined us…They were all so happy! Someof them not having seen each other in a great many years!

179_2011.jpg

179_2018.jpg

179_2019.jpg

Over the course of a couple hours, everyone else showed up…most of whom felt as if this was a reunion for which they were very grateful for. Soon RenaeJacobs (April), Pat Fraley (Krang), and James Avery (Shredder) joined our party!

179_2038.jpg

While a wonderful group interview was being conducted… Kevin Eastman Snuck in the door. Who said he could come to our party…at his house…
icon_razz.gif

179_2041.jpg

There was a fantastic vibe from the whole thing, and even the members of the crew who weren't turtle fans at the beginning of the day, were bleedinggreen by the end! Toward the end of the day, Peter Renaday (Splinter) and Cam Clarke (Leonardo) dropped by to have their say as well!

179_2079.jpg

179_2098.jpg

All in all, a fantastic day for not only myself, but for the voice cast and the TurtleDoc team as well! I don't think any of us will ever forget thisday! The TurtleDoc is coming, folks…And you're going to be blown away!

Special thanks for this post go out to Isaac, Mark, Randal, Curtis, and Ashley! Go Green Machine!

179_2009.jpg

179_2012.jpg

179_2082.jpg

179_2046.jpg

179_2076.jpg

I never knew James Avery (Uncle Phil) played shredder.
happy.gif
laugh.gif
Looking back though, that does sound like him.

Edit: Found a splinter yesterday. Now I have all 8 current ones. Anybody know when the last 4 will drop yet?

All figures will be copped.
pimp.gif

Still got my OG Turtle Van and Sewer so I'm good on that.
nerd.gif

good lookin out on this

edit: jus copped leo, raph, mike, and don on toysrus.com...never thought I'd be excited over a toy again, or cop one for myself for that matter.
laugh.gif
Def. keepin em DS

i still haven't been able to find bebop or rocksteady. lord help us when they finally release slash.

I was into the cartoon as a shorty, but the movies were leagues ahead. In retrospect, it took quite some time for me to even remotely appreciate part 3....same way I felt about the third Back To The Future as well.

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

any word on when casey jones drops?
unfortunately, they have been pushed to mid May- early June....I guess to coincide with the season 7 dvd releases and the Turtle Van

But if they somehow pop up earlier than expected, I will update the title of the thread

Back
Top Bottom