Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

I don't know anything about self clearing but I have realized, never get anything valuable shipped to Canada unless its being shipped by USPS/Canada Post. It is much less likely to get hit with customs fees when its shipped by them. I remember reading something saying that the other companies make money off charging people customs fees so they make sure to be very thorough and charge as many people as they can. I think there was a thread on RFD about it. Another option is to ship it to one of those places in Buffalo and pick it up from there. Less hassle when you're just bringing it over yourself, we've got back with thousand dollar import car parts before with no problem. Most of the time you just get lucky and they don't care that much. PM me if you need a place. I know it's all hindsight but its just advice for the future, good luck with the self clearing man. 
Private shipping companies make money off brokerage for clearing packages for you.  Basically they are paying customs/duties up front to clear your package and you are paying them to save yourself the trip and hassle of clearing it yourself.

I don't know anything about self clearing but I have realized, never get anything valuable shipped to Canada unless its being shipped by USPS/Canada Post. It is much less likely to get hit with customs fees when its shipped by them. I remember reading something saying that the other companies make money off charging people customs fees so they make sure to be very thorough and charge as many people as they can. I think there was a thread on RFD about it. Another option is to ship it to one of those places in Buffalo and pick it up from there. Less hassle when you're just bringing it over yourself, we've got back with thousand dollar import car parts before with no problem. Most of the time you just get lucky and they don't care that much. PM me if you need a place. I know it's all hindsight but its just advice for the future, good luck with the self clearing man. 
Hey man, appreciate the advice. I try to avoid DHL/UPS/FedEx like the plague but in this case I had no recourse as the seller was adamant that he would not compromise his business to use local post or even mark it at a lower value. Been in this game for a while shipping those Countdown Packs to the border and picking em up back in the day.

In hindsight I shoudlve just walked away at the thought of DHL but the allure of having a cheaper alternative to Saint Laurent Paris boots was too much for me hahaha

Stopped by EB games, Bestbuy and Walmart. They all said same thing, "you had to be here before opening" 

At this price point will definitely be the hot ticket item this Christmas

It's not the same. Having grown up on this system, just looking at the ads brings back a ton of nostalgia.

My childhood is the Japanese version - FAMICOM -- too bad it's Japan exclusive retro :frown:

I guess you have to track the SEGA GENESIS that's being retroed in Brazil :wink:

Last edited:

It's not the same. Having grown up on this system, just looking at the ads brings back a ton of nostalgia.
Oh of course, I grew up on the Genesis and then the N64. I'd definitely cop as well if they were made available, but I wouldn't bother if supply does not meet demand like this.

My childhood is the Japanese version - FAMICOM -- too bad it's Japan exclusive retro
frown.gif

I guess you have to track the SEGA GENESIS that's being retroed in Brazil
wink.gif
Ah yeah, just looked it up. It's a shame! Maybe you could just get it imported lol.

Unfortunately I didn't owna Genesis, so I'm not as attached to it. But if/when they retro Chrono Trigger oh man, I will be all over that 
eek.gif

Oh of course, I grew up on the Genesis and then the N64. I'd definitely cop as well if they were made available, but I wouldn't bother if supply does not meet demand like this.
Lol, I still remember the day when I traded in my N64 for like a dollar or something like that to EB Games. I offered it to everybody I knew for the longest time, but everybody kept saying no, they didn't want it. Then after I told them I traded it in for that price they're like why didn't you tell me you were selling it 
mean.gif

Last edited:

They already retroed the Sega Genesis Classic, comes with 80 built-in games. I picked one up last year, just don't remember where. Sega had licensed it to some Chinese company so there was $0 marketing involved and got pretty much no press. Nintendo obviously spent money on marketing the NES classic  Here's a US link to the console: 

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/electron...-genesis-classic-game-console-fb8280-62142356

If the NES classic is a success (which it appears it would be), i wouldnt be suprised if they have an SNES and N64 emulator in the works.

Yeah they look pretty comfortable. I'm going to have to try one of those NMD's or UB's out some time, people seem to love them.
In terms of pure comfort, Ultra Boosts might actually be the most comfortable pair of shoes on the planet that aren't lined with fur. Even pureboosts if you don't want to spend over $210 for a casual shoe. Most people go from having 0 pairs to 5-6 pairs of Boost shoes within a year. I legitimately have bought 13 pairs of different boost shoes in the last year and a bit. Pure Boost, Pure Boost ZG Primeknit, 3 pairs of Ultra Boosts, 5 pairs of basketball shoes with ultra boost and 5 pairs of NMDs. The NMDs are actually the least comfortable of the bunch. It's not as bouncy. It's like going from a 360 zoom to air max (pure/ultra boost to NMD). 

They already retroed the Sega Genesis Classic, comes with 80 built-in games. I picked one up last year, just don't remember where. Sega had licensed it to some Chinese company so there was $0 marketing involved and got pretty much no press. Nintendo obviously spent money on marketing the NES classic  Here's a US link to the console: 

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/electron...-genesis-classic-game-console-fb8280-62142356

If the NES classic is a success (which it appears it would be), i wouldnt be suprised if they have an SNES and N64 emulator in the works.

Yeah, read that when they planned it but it's not the same.

Below is what you want

http://www.tectoy.com.br/pre-venda-mega-drive-edicao-limitada/p/995040461825

Last edited:
Yeah I brought my SNES from the UK with me when I moved. It's chipped to play US games as well. Can grab an N64 for not too much at a few spots downtown.

Back
Top Bottom