Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

I tend to agree, imo Adidas did become more popular in North America in some ways because of Kanye. Sure, there were the Superstars and Gazelles but Adidas really is more of a European brand. I remember back in '10 Adidas had Dwight Howard, Derrick Rose and Kevin Garnett. I remember when I was even younger they had T-Mac but that's all I seem to remember. They didn't have too much KG stuff, I don't remember there being much hype behind Dwight's line. D-Rose was the big one, and even he didn't sell out all that quickly. Some CWs sat and sat.

Then they signed Harden, Kanye and now they have Andrew Wiggins (which they haven't done much to showcase him). Kanye's signing really attracted a lot of attention to a brand that was dying in North America.

It did.

Prior to them amalgamating with Reebok, killing Reebok's market share of basketball shoes, and pushing hard into the basketball/athleisure/urban market, Adidas was relatively quiet compared to the Nike umbrella.

Between 2006-2010, when I was heavy into sneakers, hyped Adidas drops just weren't a thing. At that point, Nike had pretty much total market control. Maybe it was Kanye West that brought Adidas back in the past 6 years or so. Honestly, I don't know, but it certainly wasn't James Harden, and Adidas definitely didn't have the hypebeast crowd behind it like it does now.

Perhaps it was their design team, their marketing team, or some other factor(s). At the end of the day, the 'sneaker game' is big business and I can reassure you that Kanye West is not the one making the business calls over in Germany and if he tried to, it would fall onto deaf ears.
Because back in the years you mentioned or the ~5 years prior, it was close to impossible to purchase some of the hyped adidas originals releases like aZX or consortium products here in North America, mostly only available in Europe. Their equipment line was stale until boost came along.

I can remember not seeing another person ever on the streets with the adidas 1 computer shoes or OG colorway ZX8000 and ZX9000 that I was rocking. Then again North America was never really into runners (I was the only kid with Air Max III when everybody else had Jordans and Pumps and LA Gear Catapult back in the day). 

Last edited:
If you think a large multinational is going to let Kanye ******* West control their business decisions, then you're an idiot. Creative control, sure. Operations, hell no. Adidas has been making shoes for what, 100 years now? I think they know the amount of sizes that they should be making more than any of us do... But feel free to call me dumb.

First of all my response is exactly to your comment of adidas "blowing up."

Like really son, what shoe is everyone on NIKETALK (including yourself) talking about... an adidas YEEZY...

So you failing to believe that kanye has not driven this brand to new heights makes me question how a person who is always surrounded by facts and details (of the law) can't put two and two together?

When ultra boosts first released... it was a nice shoe and I was probably one of a smaller demographic who thought so while most people were still stuck on jordan brand. BUT what really made UB take off was when kanye wore the version 1 triple white UB on stage. I remember seeing the prices of that shoe go for triple the amount overnight. So yes, Mr. Obvious, kanye did begin the new reveloutuon of that brand. Then pics of him wearing core blacks made that more popular in mainstream sneaker culture. That's when I really saw the transition in toronto of guys going to buy white huaraches to hunting for triple white UB (and everything UB for that matter)

And... FYI of course business wise it wouldnt be smart to give kanye west the keys to the car (operational or logistics control)...
even though at that time his psychological status wasn't up in the air as it was today so. I wish they did though because yeezy actually wanted his shoe to be a mass GR and way cheaper in price. He didn't like the fact that people were secluded from buying his shoes.

So in short. YES if you're still befuddled, Kanye most definitely reignited this brand.

I dont blame you though "Back when you used to collect sneakers" was a different era and if you werent in the loop this could fly over your head.

But what concerns me the most is how you can forget a login that you constantly see on a regular basis loool...

Last edited:
1) Jordan wears a size 13

I heard he wears a 13 on one foot and a 13.5 on the other...

What annoys me the most is Ye is a size 12. He probably doesn't know the small stock size 11.5, 12 and 13s get but I wish he would get the company to produce more in those sizes.

I'm a size 13 in v1s and a 13 is so snug in v2s... I'm pretty much left with no chance of wearing these unless i win a 13 and flip to purchase a 14

Last edited:
Planning on going to sign up to Adidas Raffle at opening, I hope no one is camped out to sign up in this weather 
laugh.gif

I sure as hell hope not... -12 right now -21 in the evening. I'm pretty sure the lines will be short today.

Anyone think I can sign up at both Livestock Spadina and Exclucity in 30 mins or less via Uber? Not trying to get in trouble for taking an extended lunch again lol.

Last edited:
Question -  if i'm a size 12, i hear the yeezys fit tight, would i have to go up a full size? Cause I heard there's no half size for the 12. Thanks. 

Question -  if i'm a size 12, i hear the yeezys fit tight, would i have to go up a full size? Cause I heard there's no half size for the 12. Thanks. 
I find it's only tight if you have a wide feet...

The length seems to be TTS, however very narrow, so if you have wide feet, you should go half size bigger

I swear you weren't a fan of Yeezys a few months ago don't get fired from work over this ***** lol
Lol this is the only colourway I want man. I signed up for the others to use for trading purposes in case I missed out on these upcoming ones.

But damn Bro, you been lurking for that long??? At least you joined the fun now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom