Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

God I hate resellers. The fact that they even try to throw a fit when their immoral practices are being hindered really grinds my gears.

Not gonna lie. I have bought shoes with the sole intention of reselling or trading for something else that I want.

Not gonna lie. I have bought shoes with the sole intention of reselling or trading for something else that I want.
That's different, so have I. I'm talking about being in the business of reselling and only reselling. Not having any desire to wear the shoes you buy, etc.

Last edited:
That's different, so have I. I'm talking about being in the business of reselling and only reselling. Not having any desire to wear the shoes you buy, etc.

Poster boy for resellers who doesn't even care about sneakers in general

Allen Kuo

I don''t think Paypal can claw back the funds using Gifted -- unless I'm mistaken

EDIT:

From Paypal community and a post by a Paypal employee

"Unfortunately not, no. There's no legal agreement in place where we can start reversing payments sent as gifts. We might be able to investigate the sellers account and shut it down if we have evidence of them breaching the user agreement but that would still not give us the right to reverse the payment.

You might want to look down the card protection or legal route for something like this."
Paypal can and will take money back with gift payments. I'm not trusting my money with Paypal's community manager, who may or may not know how things actually work outside of the stated policies.

I won't get into exactly how it works because we don't need more of this nonsense out there, but if someone files a claim with their CC, which the CC can then take the money back from Paypal, Paypal isn't going to just eat that and take it as a loss. Guess who they're taking that money from?? YOU.

If something doesn't pass the basic logic test then I stay away. Are there crazy deals or offers out there that are legit? Sure. But you'll get burned way more often than not.

If something doesn't pass the basic logic test then I stay away. Are there crazy deals or offers out there that are legit? Sure. But you'll get burned way more often than not.

I was trying to find a way to filter out "fake" offers by accepting offers by using Paypal Gift because you can't just decline an offer if it's really valid.

I guess we can just depend on the old saying -- if it's too good to be true, then it probably is

Last edited:
I was trying to find a way to filter out "fake" offers by accepting offers by using Paypal Gift because you can't just decline an offer if it's really valid.

I guess we can just depend on the old saying -- if it's too good to be true, then it probably is
Yeah I think this used to be the reason people went the only accepting via gift route as well. But as it seems with any legitimate path, scammers will try and find holes in them.

I would say the best precaution is to document everything as best as possible, and if you can, try and deal with people you know, or are at least well known amongst a group you're a part of.

For me, I'm not going to go down a path that has a high chance of headaches....don't have time for that anymore. Happy to pay a bit of a premium or accept a bit less for smooth deals.

What's a good price point to buy the OG Black NMDs that just released? I'm not in a rush to buy them
I personally wouldn't pay over 350 for them. But that's just me, trying to stick to the retail or bust mentality but I might actually pay resale on a pair of CNYs, unless I some how find someone living abroad that can help me out
laugh.gif

If anyone was looking for a 9.5 in the white boxing day NMDs I might be able to help you out, just send a PM

Man, s/o to Justin @nike chat, threw me a 20 off code when I simply asked about a release lol

What's a good price point to buy the OG Black NMDs that just released? I'm not in a rush to buy them

Honestly from what I've seen prices in the states are already starting to dip especially with the huge amount of stock they got. If you're patient I'd say eventually around 375-450ish CAD maybe even lower when people get desperate to move them.

Did Nike move the Foamposite One royals release date to tomorrow?
Yeah didnt expect that, i really dig em but rather have the coppers and silver surfers coming out later.. Id prob trade away my ds baby blue foams that released in 16' for these if anyones down ? haha 

Rough weekend with the AJ 13 black cats releasing too !

If you're set on buying them, I'd say something between high 300s and low 400s is an okay price. I believe online pears would have just came in yesterday, so give it a few days and you might see some prices drop as the young 'resellers' unload their purchases to pay their bills lol.

How much would you guys pay for the CNY Ultraboosts?

Those go for quite a bit especially larger sizes.

I'd say min $450+ Depending on size

I would just wait for MC3 very similar colorway maybe even better knit pattern

Last edited:
I personally don't even like the pattern of the 3.0 knit. I think last year's CNY UBs look much better than this year's. Of course, looks are very subjective so I know not everybody may agree.

Anyway, I don't think I would pay more than $400 for any UB. I just seem to wear them out way too fast (the bottoms) compared to other shoes.

Indeed. The next day after I got the 12s, traded them for a pear of Belugas lol. With the way things have gone, I'd rather hold on to a pear of Yeezy's than OVO Jordan's.
yea i think most ppl moved on from the OVO 10s just cause they weren't the "hot" shoe anymore and everyone was looking for the 12s instead.  Didn't help that they had so many restocks over the course of the year.  I even heard that they were selling the black OVO 10s at the OVO sample sale but not sure how many pairs were available.

the belugas make sense cause those yeezys are gonna hold more value than the ovos for sure if you plan on reselling them later on.

I personally don't even like the pattern of the 3.0 knit. I think last year's CNY UBs look much better than this year's. Of course, looks are very subjective so I know not everybody may agree.

Anyway, I don't think I would pay more than $400 for any UB. I just seem to wear them out way too fast (the bottoms) compared to other shoes.
really depends on what he's doing with the UB.  If you're buying to wear than i would suggest you pay what you think you're comfortable with but if you plan on reselling and using it as trade bait then you'll need to put some more thought into it.

tbh, i agree that the 3.0 aren't my cup of tea esp with the price increase.  If you're looking for value, i'd try to keep my eye out for 1.0s which normally carry higher value.  I just got lucky cause i was able to work out a deal with another local collector.  I gave him a DS pair of the Triple White 1.0 plus cash for his NDS AM1 Atmos ('07).  both parties were happy

yea i think most ppl moved on from the OVO 10s just cause they weren't the "hot" shoe anymore and everyone was looking for the 12s instead.  Didn't help that they had so many restocks over the course of the year.  I even heard that they were selling the black OVO 10s at the OVO sample sale but not sure how many pairs were available.

the belugas make sense cause those yeezys are gonna hold more value than the ovos for sure if you plan on reselling them later on.

It depends on the market. I don't think many parts of the US got that many Jordan x OVOs compared to what we go here in the GTA (and keep in mind there was a bunch of folks who still didn't get them). Many Jordan collabs will increase in value as time goes on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom