Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

iirc, didn't Biway carry AND1 and K-Swiss back in the day?
Nah, Bi-Way closed down before the whole And 1 era. You're probably thinking about Zellers.

I still have about 5-6 of those black Knob Hill boxes lmao (and I definitely use them as laundry baskets and storage bins to this day!). I really like when this thread surprises me that not everyone on NT is under 25 years old, it's probably actually the opposite. You have "regulars" in here who contribute to daily conversations but then a whole bunch just come in when there are releases etc.
People who know about the "Hot air balloons" in front of Simpsons (the Bay) and Eatons (Sears) at STC are really showing their age (me included) LOL

Nah, Bi-Way closed down before the whole And 1 era. You're probably thinking about Zellers.

People who know about the "Hot air balloons" in front of Simpsons (the Bay) and Eatons (Sears) at STC are really showing their age (me included) LOL
I remember those bro! LOL. I live in Pickering as well and remember when the mall had Zellers with a restaurant in it and the arcade when I was a young pre teen. Miss those simpler times...

Sneakers are definitely a hobby that still brings me back to my past and I love getting that nostalgia of picking up a pair you wanted back in the day.

Last edited:
Who remembers when the Pickering Flea Market was actually on Brock Road in the same plaza that the Wal Mart is in? Now that's old school...

Who remembers when the Pickering Flea Market was actually on Brock Road in the same plaza that the Wal Mart is in? Now that's old school...
The guys that Owned Heavens aka Heavens Uptown aka Ugly Dukkling aka BLKOUT Inc used to have a spot in there (end of the aisle behind the stand that sold Candy Apples).

If we're going to talk about Flea Markets, how about the Downtown where HMV is now? I used to cop Beadies from there $1.00 for a pack of 25 LMAO.

Last edited:

We're all clearly some dusty farts in here...
roll.gif

Almost, we didn't reach the "back in my day..." posts yet.

Damn #TBT indeed up in here! Saw all the new posts and thought I missed the 306 restocking every 1 cw and OVOs or something.

Knobhill & Highland Farms (both those places smelled bad), Bargain Harolds, Bi-Way, Consumers...who else remembers Toy City? And when sports cards and comic shows were everywhere from convention centres to Bridlewood Mall

Damn #TBT indeed up in here! Saw all the new posts and thought I missed the 306 restocking every 1 cw and OVOs or something.

Knobhill & Highland Farms (both those places smelled bad), Bargain Harolds, Bi-Way, Consumers...who else remembers Toy City? And when sports cards and comic shows were everywhere from convention centres to Bridlewood Mall
How about DOLLYs in Woodside Square for all your sports cards needs LOL

I remember my dad took me to a Card show in Markham (Valhalla Inn) and he copped me a box of O Pee Chee Premier Hockey Cards (lucked out and got a Pavel Bure rookie card) and Upper Deck Basketball..

DAMN IM OLD LMFAO!!!!!!

Random fact: I was a POG competition finalist at Ontario Place but I couldn't compete because I had to fly back home to Winnipeg for a wedding the following weekend.

I have an official POG slammer with my picture on it.

Dude, that is cool as hell. I remember playing with them in my grandmother's apartment in Scarborough...those were the days, when STC was smaller than the YMCA in the back hahaha.

As some have pointed out earlier, it's crazy that sneakers are able to bring us back to moments in our lives that we'll never forget.

P.S. Any way we can see that custom slammer?

When I hear "POGS" I can't help but think of this

STC had that tiny theatre where EVERYONE would make the EXACT SAME joke when they walked in and saw that dinky *** screen: "My TV is bigger than this!"

I remember my dad took me to a Card show in Markham (Valhalla Inn) and he copped me a box of O Pee Chee Premier Hockey Cards (lucked out and got a Pavel Bure rookie card) and Upper Deck Basketball..

DAMN IM OLD LMFAO!!!!!!

Dollys had great prices and always packed with kids, theyre still around at a plaza in Brimley/Montezuma Trail. They got some good beef patties next door

Holy crap, I LOVED going through the Consumers Distributing catalog when I was a kid!!

Those balloons were key... I'm still kinda bummed they got rid of the old STC logo for those who remember it. 

The old Fairview, the tiles used to be white with green. I remember jumping from green tile to green tile as a kid :lol:

And they used to have a Bulk Barn. Loved when my mom would have to go there. Used to eat so many candies for free :lol: til shed catch me and cuss me out.

Last edited:

DAMN IM OLD LMFAO!!!!!!

Wish I knew about dollys. I had to get my cards at ak sports in agincourt, and deal with the grumpy old guy.

pogs? I still have the first slammer (#1) maybe worth something? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I do recall FV in white & green and it wasnt an "L" shaped mall but triangular shaped ie when you walk into the mall from bay you could go straight or left into a diagonal pathway taking you to roughly where little burgundy is now

I also recall STC before the cineplex/old navy/indigo (now forever 21) addition. FL used to be on 2nd floor just past central escalators. picked up dunk hi's in college colors there for $39.99

someone said consumers distribution? those catalogs were equivalent of eastbay catalogs in childhood. when one came in the mail you'd scan it in advance for a bday or xmas

for the markham heads, recall markville mall with the running river along the mall?

Yaaa FV had that diagonal hallway they got rid of. High5 was there, that store Stoxx (i swear they had a lot of fake clothes lol) and that store with the As Seen on TV crap. Few others that i cant remember

stoxx was related to XTC and all those "hood" clothing stores, didnt know the exact relationship but they were partners in crime. fakes? yep. XTC carried fape in malvern. for a while stoxx put out their own crap too. someone from the store gave me a headband.

High5 was the jersey store?

stoxx was related to XTC and all those "hood" clothing stores, didnt know the exact relationship but they were partners in crime. fakes? yep. XTC carried fape in malvern. for a while stoxx put out their own crap too. someone from the store gave me a headband.

High5 was the jersey store?

Ya it was the jersey store. Back when footlocker was in the middle of the hallway across from athletes world

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom