Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Seems like the whole shoe game is basically just people buying strictly to resell these days. The people that get shafted are the true heads that just want to get the shoe to wear, not to make a quick buck.

After this whole debacle with this release, I'm not even gonna bother with FL and their raffles. What was the point in going in to sign up for a raffle only for them to change their mind and do fcfs for this drop? Looking at you YD FL lol.

I'll try my luck on NDC instead. If I strike out, no biggie. At least I didn't have to leave my house to lineup anywhere or sleep on the floor of a mall for a pair of shoes.

[QUOTE="jumpman234596, post: 29625076, member: 213104"

A lot of people here don’t remember how much more chill the sneaker game in Toronto used to be back in the day. Still wish I could just walk into Foot Locker and just pre-order pairs.... good times

aka days before resellers[/QUOTE]

I remember walking in and picking up the cool grey 11's back in 2010 lol
Also was able to pre-order the cement 3's and black metallic 5's in 2011

Seems like the whole shoe game is basically just people buying strictly to resell these days. The people that get shafted are the true heads that just want to get the shoe to wear, not to make a quick buck.

After this whole debacle with this release, I'm not even gonna bother with FL and their raffles. What was the point in going in to sign up for a raffle only for them to change their mind and do fcfs for this drop? Looking at you YD FL lol.

I'll try my luck on NDC instead. If I strike out, no biggie. At least I didn't have to leave my house to lineup anywhere or sleep on the floor of a mall for a pair of shoes.
Did YD FL really do that?

I think they were the only one that allowed ppl to just sign up without looking at their ID.

The other FL that I went for raffles either took my ID and wrote my name down or asked for my ID and watched me put my name down. But YD just has the book open and ppl go there and just sign up.

Agreed. We always had a limit back when I worked because we still had to service the general public. Also, any pairs being held down for f&f/personal were always tagged and put aside to a different part of the stock room just to avoid the confusion.

A lot of people here don’t remember how much more chill the sneaker game in Toronto used to be back in the day. Still wish I could just walk into Foot Locker and just pre-order pairs.... good times

Yes it used to be mad chill pre 2012/13-ish but even for limited releases you still had cats camping days or even a week in advance (eg. Nike Yeezy 2 at Nike Bloor where they kicked people out and did the raffle thing on twitter). It's just that everybody and their mom are lining up for sneakers that aren't even limited today. Not a fan of re-selling but I've learned to accept it and it is what it is at this point. Just have to learn to be patient cause there's pretty a much a drop every other week or so and with that re-sellers are going to drop prices. Bound to get a steal here or there.

Yorkdale Footlocker allocated half their shipment to FCFS and the other half to their raffle, which you signed up for. The FCFS was pretty much their cover to message all their F&F to come and scoop pairs and the lucky random person who so happened to pass by (which I benefited from via OOP).

We can go on and on about this topic. Is holding down pairs equivalent to holding spots in line etc...? I personally don't care because I have been impacted both positively and negatively by all these shenanigans. People should not be surprised anymore regarding the "shadiness" of businesses in general. I personally believe in integrity...but what do I know? Haha

FYI - reselling is pretty much the foundation of capitalism. It's been around since time.

Did YD FL really do that?

I think they were the only one that allowed ppl to just sign up without looking at their ID.

The other FL that I went for raffles either took my ID and wrote my name down or asked for my ID and watched me put my name down. But YD just has the book open and ppl go there and just sign up.

This is why they never have a line up during raffles vs all the other stores you have to wait 30 minutes or more. Pros and cons....

i agree with u, capsule looks out for their fnf constantly too
Capsule is a completely different story because I know people that actually backdoor from there. People pay a premium and grab from Capsule for reselling purposes (met a guy that paid Capsule $300/pear and walked out with 10 bags of Royal 1s in 2017).
aka days before resellers
Lol I remember when Solestop used to be a resell shop and only sold the black varsity red 6s for 229+tax and I thought that was expensive since I grabbed my pair on release for 170+tax ($20 VIP discount included).

im just happy I got the black cements. just need the concords, I don't really like anything else this year

We can go on and on about this topic. Is holding down pairs equivalent to holding spots in line etc...? I personally don't care because I have been impacted both positively and negatively by all these shenanigans. People should not be surprised anymore regarding the "shadiness" of businesses in general. I personally believe in integrity...but what do I know? Haha

Holding spots in line is a completely different story since the clowns down by HOH Yonge that do that usually have a list of about 30 people that they hold down spots for. As an employee you can only hold down one pear, maybe two if you're lucky and the manager's feeling extra nice that day.

Also was able to pre-order the cement 3's and black metallic 5's in 2011[/QUOTE]

I remember skipping class with a couple older guys in highschool cuz one of them drove and we walked into FL, bought the shoes and went back to school. Back when they used to release on weekdays, Thursdays i think it was.

Store would be pretty much dead.

Capsule is a completely different story because I know people that actually backdoor from there. People pay a premium and grab from Capsule for reselling purposes (met a guy that paid Capsule $300/pear and walked out with 10 bags of Royal 1s in 2017).

Lol I remember when Solestop used to be a resell shop and only sold the black varsity red 6s for 229+tax and I thought that was expensive since I grabbed my pair on release for 170+tax ($20 VIP discount included).

I remember they had an ebay page and a website, and people in this thread would complain about the guy cleaning out Nike VM every week. I think someone mentioned he would sometimes go into the outlet with a dolly?

Also remember Stolen Riches, if only they stayed a bit longer their business probably would have succeeded. Closed right after they got their Nike account.

probably too early, but are the shadows supposed to be similar to bred toes in terms of numbers ? Hopefully they aren’t as popular, since it’s a pair that I actually want

I remember skipping class with a couple older guys in highschool cuz one of them drove and we walked into FL, bought the shoes and went back to school. Back when they used to release on weekdays, Thursdays i think it was.

Store would be pretty much dead.[/QUOTE]

I think for a few consecutive years, JB released the 11s on a certain date in December. I think it was Dec. 23? Started with the CDP pack.

I hate how the sneaker game is today; it is all about reselling. Unfortunately, there is nothing i can do about it, the only thing i can do is adapt. I will continue to enter raffles and try my blind luck online at 3am. If i really want a pear of shoes, i will put in the work and travel across the city to enter raffles. And if that fails, resell will be my last resort. I always have a number in mind for what i will pay; i will never go over.

Store would be pretty much dead.

I think for a few consecutive years, JB released the 11s on a certain date in December. I think it was Dec. 23? Started with the CDP pack.[/QUOTE]

Ya i remember they started doing the holiday release or whatever with the 11s, i think youre right it was with the 11/12 pack. I mean before that, when the new jordans would release on a weekday. There were no raffles them times. Whod have imagined years later youd have to line up for a chance to buy kicks :lol:

probably too early, but are the shadows supposed to be similar to bred toes in terms of numbers ? Hopefully they aren’t as popular, since it’s a pair that I actually want

Shadows are easily on of the greatest cws of the J1 ever.
It will be difficult.

I remember going to YD FL, singing up for the 11a that come out Dec/23rd. The catch was you had to buy a gift card for the amount of the shoe. You walk in Dec/23rd, give your ID , hand them your gift card then get your shoes and walk out.
Worked perfect!

Lots is samples this weekend. $24.99 per item and 30% off on clearance rack before f&f discount. Came to $15 per item. Lots of training and running gear. Men’s large and women’s medium in sample sizes

As of right now only certain depots get weekend deliveries from Canada Post therefore only certain areas of Toronto will receive packages on Saturday and Sunday. Its to lighten the load on the Monday for the depot and move parcels quicker as that's what they pride their numbers on. $4.00 each scan is what they make.

Went to Vmills today, **** was ****in crazy in there. Additional 30% on sale and hash walls, combined with your F&F made it 60% off.

Some notables I saw were the all black Nike Gaiter Boot which stock wise they petty much had a full size run. Lots of common sizes, 8.5-13 i believe. 169.99 +30% off with F&F. Capsule, Haven, Livestock can all suck a **** for selling those at retail now. :rofl:All black colorway is wak anyways., and sizing is off on the shoe. Just my opinion tho.

Nikelab Pinnacle Airmax 1's was the best shoe in that *****. Sizes were pretty limited, leather is butter. ****in proper shoes tho. 30% off with F&F.

Still had lots of those Mid cut, butter leather jewel air force 1's. Flyknits for days. Medcoms for anyone that cares. Jordan 15 white/navy, Jordan 1 KO, Nike Sb lows "Fridays", Air Max 0 Essentials... Clothing selection was wak, pretty much getting rid of all their winter **** now that the weather is starting to turn around.

Lastly, i have to say always get good customer service in that store so much respect to the leadership/crew in that *****, keep up the good work!

Holding spots in line is a completely different story since the clowns down by HOH Yonge that do that usually have a list of about 30 people that they hold down spots for. As an employee you can only hold down one pear, maybe two if you're lucky and the manager's feeling extra nice that day.

My opinion is that they're the same because in both cases one individual is reserving something for another individual that if not reserved, would have benefited someone else outside of the 2 individuals. The only difference is that you used an example of holding a spot in line with an individual abusing his/her "power" and an example of an employee that didn't abuse his/her "power". You're not comparing apples to apples.

2011 metallic 5s were the last J that was available as pre-order for me :'(

My opinion is that they're the same because in both cases one individual is reserving something for another individual that if not reserved, would have benefited someone else outside of the 2 individuals. The only difference is that you used an example of holding a spot in line with an individual abusing his/her "power" and an example of an employee that didn't abuse his/her "power". You're not comparing apples to apples.
Okay let me clarify what I said earlier. For reservations from a retail perspective, we had a limit as to how many employees could reserve as well as how much stock we could reserve. Not everyone was allowed to reserve pears for each drop (maybe only about 5-10 max per drop) as reservations and employee cops were purely based off performance by the employee. Also, depending on the drop, we sometimes had to eat into our own 80/20 stock in order to ensure the public got their fair share.

I know it doesn't seem fair from an outside-looking-in perspective, but you have to realize that as (past) retail employees, we really had to bust our asses if we wanted to secure pears for either personal or f&f. Also if you got caught reselling these pears, you can expect a nice boot from the company and a farewell to all the perks (I've seen it happen multiple times). At the end of the day, it's sneakerheads helping out sneakerheads, not backdooring for extra cash from resellers.

didn't start till 2013. wish i could've experienced it back then. feel like the resale craze in Toronto it started with the 2011 Concord XIs tbh

Don’t ask why or how I know but that “shaddy” manager was helping a fellow NTer who struck out and has been trying to get a personal pair
So? That manager needs to be fired...who cares who he was holding a pair for...why do we have structure and rules if people are just going to “tweak” or not follow them according to their personal agendas...he’s setting a bad example for the employees who will no doubt, abuse this ideology....I personally don’t care but the people who traveled across Ontario signing up for raffles or lining up for hours/nights sure do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom