Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Church and Wellesley had 1 pair in each size. Line probably had 30 people; At least it was orderly

I rarely post on NT but, damn, I struck out on Bred 1's and I'm kinda salty about it.  Missed out on 3 raffles and couldn't bring myself to camp out for 8+ hours in my estimates.  It's insane that there are people are lining up for 12+ hours at HoH.  When will this kind of hype end?  I lined up for Royals last year around 6:30am and was 7th in line, which I guess is already unreasonable depending on your perspective, but I mean at least I got a pair without losing an entire night of sleep.  I just hope that all the people that got the 1's will actually wear them and enjoy them, because if they're for resale, the shoes really could've gone to someone who really appreciates them instead of the $100-150 profit that they made off of them.  What's $100-150 in the long run anyways..? /rant

Wow, a lotta Gods acting like broads out here....

Here is my take on this situation:  This is not 2004 anymore, get over it.

Gone are the days of pre-orders and smooth releases. You'd be surprised to see how many "OG's" lined up for the Tiffany's at GDFT in 2005. You don't see those same people complaining now. You know why? They put in the work to build a rapport with store employees and owners over the last 10 years. Do the same. Whenever you go into your favourite boutique stores talk to people. You clearly have something in common. 

If you're new to the game, that's cool too. Just know that we all, at some point, have to soldier through those cold nights to make sure we're getting the shoes we want. Nobody's forcing you to cop these kicks, but if you really want them you'll find a way to cop.

I grabbed a few pairs of bred 1s... quality wasn't really on point.. a lot of them has flaws like glue on the side or the lace part was ****** up lol 

Anyone know if employees at Champs or Footlocker get an employee discount on retro jordans on release days? Or do they have to pay full price?

Anyone know if employees at Champs or Footlocker get an employee discount on retro jordans on release days? Or do they have to pay full price?
I believe it was 30% off for FTL that I know of. that way when they do resell they make even more

That's interesting to hear. I have heard that on a new release, 20% of stock is allowed to be reserved to give first opportunity for staff to buy. Even if they didn't want the shoe, they could easily cop a pair and resell it on Kijiji and make some quick cash. Or even buy for a buddy and charge them full price and still make a bit of cash for their troubles.

That's interesting to hear. I have heard that on a new release, 20% of stock is allowed to be reserved to give first opportunity for staff to buy. Even if they didn't want the shoe, they could easily cop a pair and resell it on Kijiji and make some quick cash. Or even buy for a buddy and charge them full price and still make a bit of cash for their troubles.
That is correct.

Been lurking since 04. Just never came around to making an account. Scarborough's very own.

Jolly is right, the good ol' days are long and gone. Remember when cats use to line up for SB's? I foresaw this Jordan craze happening when they got rid of the preorders. I kinda told myself that would be a prime time to bow out but somehow I keep coming back. Shout out to those who are still in it and are able to cop.

After hearing the bred numbers and predicting the craze that would come with it. I didn't pursue it as hard. I also fell into the gamma hype and ended up copping those. I, like many drew unlucky with the raffles. The Bred 1s are actually the first shoe I've ever wanted and left empty handed release weekend. Maybe my luck is running out, or maybe times are actually changing.

With all that being said, PM me if you're interested in gamma 11/bred 1 swap. Size 10

Maybe I'm old fashioned with preferring the OG colorways then with these new ones.

Copped

I grabbed a few pairs of bred 1s... quality wasn't really on point.. a lot of them has flaws like glue on the side or the lace part was ****** up lol 
What size are they? If you wish to sell, may take em off your hands (non rape price i hope) . Keep it consensual.

Guys the 3labs look crazy In person. PleAse believe when I say that pics do not do these shoes justice ! The infrared looks crazy in person and for some reason it does not capture well on cam. Cause I checked a lot of pics and review vids. I decided I wanted to go an see these in person. Need less to say I left with a pair. Go true to size do not go up as these fit a lil loose. You may want to half sz down. It all depends on what you like, I like my kicks to have a lil room. I think ppl are tapped out given Christmas and today's New Years. So this and the poor pics may be why these are still avail. Or just the price may play a role of why we still have these. Anyways I would not pass on these, if you have the chance to grab em.

Guys the 3labs look crazy In person. PleAse believe when I say that pics do not do these shoes justice ! The infrared looks crazy in person and for some reason it does not capture well on cam. Cause I checked a lot of pics and review vids. I decided I wanted to go an see these in person. Need less to say I left with a pair. Go true to size do not go up as these fit a lil loose. You may want to half sz down. It all depends on what you like, I like my kicks to have a lil room. I think ppl are tapped out given Christmas and today's New Years. So this and the poor pics may be why these are still avail. Or just the price may play a role of why we still have these. Anyways I would not pass on these, if you have the chance to grab em.

Hmm my interest is piqued but i'd need to see in person first

3lab5's are sitting on shelves at HoH and eaton's centre as of this afternoon

quality feels on point, but they aren't for me.  Talking to the HoH employee, he thought everyone who missed out on the bred 1's would cop these.. apparently not lol

3lab5's are sitting on shelves at HoH and eaton's centre as of this afternoon

quality feels on point, but they aren't for me.  Talking to the HoH employee, he thought everyone who missed out on the bred 1's would cop these.. apparently not lol

Perhaps retail price was a turnoff on these... didn't these come out to over 300 with tax? :x

Would assume quality is very good on them, though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom