Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

for those who got the highs. how do they compare to the lows?
Your asking this question as if alot of the people that got the LOWS was in LINE for the Highs?  I think all the older heads that got the Lows slept in today and looked at there lows and said **** IT!  Funny thing is One account back then got more lows then all of Canada got in the Highs!  Im sure everyone knows who im talking about here!

On the issue of shops bumping up prices above MSRP for the Tiff's. While I don't like it, I understand why they would do it. I'd be willing to bet that a number of people who lined up for them normally do not shop at these stores. So gaining customer loyalty isn't really high on the priority list with limited releases like these. The only customers who really have a right to complain to these stores are ones that do frequent them often, purchase sb's and other merchandise and are now being gouged. If I was one of them, yeah, I'd be pretty upset over it, but sadly it's about money and you can guarantee that for every one person who doesn't buy it because they morally object over the matter, there's about 5 that would be willing to take the price hike and their shoe.
MSRP - Maufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.  Key word is SUGGESTED!!! As long as store do not sell under MSRP they are fine!  Nike wont step in to do anything!  Just like before when alot of shops use to do this!  If you want the shoe you gonna pay it and be happy you got the shoe! Not even sure how anyone is mad at Adrift or Bluetile, the Nike SB thing hasn't been up in YEARS!  Only thing I don't like is the Guy with his 8 friends at BT to buy and resell my guess is the picture on Kijiji with like 3 pairs!  The Hype is Big right now I havent seen hype this big in YEARS. 

Capsule had 10 pairs. Got in line around 11:20 and was able to grab a 9.
livestock had 8 scattered pairs from a short shipment

8 x 1

10 x 1

10.5 x1

11 x 2

12 x 2

14 x 1

expecting more pairs this week or next

^ they had the decency to post the numbers in the window so people would not line up in the cold only to find out their size was not available. adrift did the same with all their releases today

Last edited:

^ they had the decency to post the numbers in the window so people would not line up in the cold only to find out their size was not available. adrift did the saw with all their releases today
that's something all places should adopt on release days so you're not a sitting duck but I'm sure Nike probably tells them to not release that info

the hype is really f*ck up right now. only few people braved the colds because they really want the pair for themselves, but the rest (those effin RESELLERS) thinks they gonna earn good money or they goin to be rich in this kind of shoe game. smfh

Your asking this question as if alot of the people that got the LOWS was in LINE for the Highs?  I think all the older heads that got the Lows slept in today and looked at there lows and said **** IT!  Funny thing is One account back then got more lows then all of Canada got in the Highs!  Im sure everyone knows who im talking about here!

MSRP - Maufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.  Key word is SUGGESTED!!! As long as store do not sell under MSRP they are fine!  Nike wont step in to do anything!  Just like before when alot of shops use to do this!  If you want the shoe you gonna pay it and be happy you got the shoe! Not even sure how anyone is mad at Adrift or Bluetile, the Nike SB thing hasn't been up in YEARS!  Only thing I don't like is the Guy with his 8 friends at BT to buy and resell my guess is the picture on Kijiji with like 3 pairs!  The Hype is Big right now I havent seen hype this big in YEARS. 
Of course stores are in their right to price above suggested prices and as I said, I can understand things from a business standpoint in the sense that most of the people buying aren't their normal customers. However one can't deny the fact that there are those who do frequent these stores on a regular basis who might be a little turned off by the price bump. You can price bump for short term gains on limited release shoes, but the question is does it effect the perception of their regular customers and are there any negative implications in doing so. I don't know, nor really care all that much, since I'm not one of them, just throwing it out there.  

On the other hand you have some stores in the States that had difference price points for regulars and another for the rest. Sure it's price discrimination and I can see both the good and the bad not including any of the legalities of such a practice. 

Last edited:
Speaking of regulars vs. non-regulars and rumours that some US shops had customers do a kickflip before selling them Tiffs - something that I've been bouncing around in my head: I would totally support/welcome shops requiring customers to show past shoe receipts from that store for limited releases.  Think it's win-win -- regulars feel rewarded and it forces resellers and 'one and done' customers to either buy something else in store beforehand or try to get a receipt somehow.

I don't know anything about the story of the kid with 8 buddies in line at BTL.  But would be pretty damned hard for them to get 9 different BTL shoe receipts.  And most resellers hand over their receipts when reselling, right?

Remember when Capsule were doing the Black Pigeon raffle and one of the rules was that you had to be wearing NBs to collect a ballot.  Thought it was a good idea.

Of course, don't expect any store to do this (because honestly, $$$ speaks loudest) and it's not foolproof -- but I would like it.

Last edited:
for those who got the highs. how do they compare to the lows?
Don't own the original lows, but examined a few pairs of them closely before and they look much better (much deeper embossment on fake croc and it was glossier).  Here's a video review, the 'croc skin' is nearly non existent and mint leather looks cheap.

To be honest, they look pretty bad... but **** it, still want 'em because I never got the originals lows.

Last edited:

Remember when Capsule were doing the Black Pigeon raffle and one of the rules was that you had to be wearing NBs to collect a ballot.  Thought it was a good idea.
exclucity in montreal did something like this for the lebron 9 elite south beach launch. had to be wearing lebrons to purchase. those things are never super effective, but they're a start.

exclucity in montreal did something like this for the lebron 9 elite south beach launch. had to be wearing lebrons to purchase. those things are never super effective, but they're a start.
They also did something for the Yeezy release too!

^ yeah, bring your favourite kanye album. kinda cool, but like wearing lebrons, not going to slow any resellers down

I was 2nd there got to the line at about 9am, I was the one wearing the snow pants, were you the one that could get the sz 8 from HOH?

Bro I was the one with OVO toque and the timbs. I got the sz 9. I was trying to get 9.5-10 but oh well

Blue Tile longue lineup was ******, some guy comes around 11am and tries to jack some dude spot in line saying he preorder and almost got the ticket.. SMH 

^ not that those of us without a u.s. address had any shot at them for retail. but at least this should drive those resale prices below $10k
laugh.gif

^ not that those of us without a u.s. address had any shot at them for retail. but at least this should drive those resale prices below $10k
laugh.gif
I would've gotten it shipped to cbiusa in Niagara Falls lol

^ have you or anyone else successfully ordered from ndc using any of those services? i thought ndc didn't allow delivery to any of those mail holding/forwarding type places

need an american issued US visa. 
I don't believe so, i've ordered many times with my RBC issued visa, no problems...
You could also use Paypal for Nike too I think... which should get you over any canadian/us credit restrictions.

But can anyone else confirm this?

Back
Top Bottom