Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

So what's the overall verdict on the new outlet that opened? (Prices, experience, etc).

So what's the overall verdict on the new outlet that opened? (Prices, experience, etc).

I didn't go, but from second hand accounts, it's more or less what you'd expect from an outlet in Canada (ie. decent prices but can't really compare if you're a regular US outlet goer).

I was reading elsewhere, and it seemed like this weekend had some good deals if you got extra VIP booklet/pamphlet (not sure if that was only valid for the opening weekend), the deals were pretty good. (ie. 20 extra off the stuff at polo, which I was told was already 30% off).

I went there today and as everyone else has stated it was madness!!! I lined up at nike 30 minutes before opening and I just made the cut off for the first 200 people to get a free water bottle and a $10 gift card. Nothing really stood out for me at nike. only notable thing was Lebron X silver/grey with yellow accenting colourway was $139.99. winterized M65 jackets at $250-$270 thats about it. They had lots of running shoes special the lunarglide 4. I bought Elite Running socks at$12 with the gift cards.

Only other store I visited was Cole Haan and Gap outlet for my 1 year old son.

Cole Haan had a huge sale. Everything was at least 40% off. All Cole Haan Lunars were 50% off. That includes chukkas($308), wingtips($278), and saddles($278) less 50%. I thought this was an awesome sale and find if youve been wanting these shoes. For the ladies Cole Haan Nike airs pumps $109 and Lunar pumps, the wife jump all over that deal! 
laugh.gif
 ***note: I believe this was an opening weekend deal***

Over all it was ok. Definitely better deals in the states. but if you wife, partner, GF is into that high end stuff like Michael Kors, Coach, Kate Spade, Ted Baker, Polo etc. its an advantage not always having to cross the border. 

As someone had mentioned the VIP thing is good and they gave a huge booklet coupon but when I arrived at 10 an hour before opening the line to get the booklet was over 200 people 
sick.gif

Cole Haan had a huge sale. Everything was at least 40% off. All Cole Haan Lunars were 50% off. That includes chukkas($308), wingtips($278), and saddles($278) less 50%. I thought this was an awesome sale and find if youve been wanting these shoes.

:nerd: colours?

Damn handsome. I was hoping they were an 11.5. 'Lolercopters!' - pk

Yeah my friend got the last pair in Florida. Sadly they were half a size too big. Im surprised they even had a pair left on the back wall.

Im still debating on whether i should go to premium tmrw or Tuesday. I got a card in the mail for Ralph Lauren for additional 40 off

I went to Nike looking for Roshes, didn't see anything. I did get two pairs of Levi's jeans for $40 each. Def' would've been in the $80 range had it been in the city. I stopped by adidas, not too impressed. I didn't bother lining up for some of the stores. Polo had a huge line up haha

went to nike halton hills today, everything mentioned in earlier postings are pretty much gone. prices are good though. lebron x canaries selling for $140 to give you an idea of the sort of discounting you can expect. some nsw stuff i've had my eye on offered for significantly below retail, but still not low enough for me to bite. i'll wait and see how low it can go during sales periods.

went into the bose store to check out the new qc20s. they weren't discounted so i walked back out. might as well get them from one of their stores in the city in case something happens and i need to return/exchange. discounts were kinda lame there. factory refurbished items selling at very slight discounts to the same item brand new.

^ Customs is a rapist level surcharge of 34% (see bottom of page for Ontario) plus another $15 minimum for shipping.

They price it like that so to make sure you pay Canadian retail as Foot Locker will send it from their warehouse in Toronto for Canadian orders.
This

at the end of the day it comes out to being $10-$15 more above retail which I don't mind paying.  The last 2 times I've ordered off them, I had 15% off coupons so it was a good deal.

Can anyone who stopped into the Reebok store at the Milton Premium Outlets comment on the selection.  Curious to see if it's any better than the existing stores in terms of newer releases being available.

Went into the new Outlets on Saturday afternoon and the traffic was not worth the wait if you ask me but im sure it will get better as the weeks go on.

Nike: weak as hell - it seems all the good stuff was gone.

Addids/Reebok: didn't even bother going in.

Saucony: Selection was weak

Asics: No store just yet

If you plan to go, make sure to go to the information booth inside the food court to get a discount brochure, there maybe other stuff you may like on it aside from sneakers.

Drove by Vaughn Mills yesterday and the Nike store had a couple sizes left on the Lebron X "Prisms" for $129.99 with no box for some strange reason - call if your planning to pick it up and ask for your size - that price is a huge steal, I was able to pick up a pair.

Can anyone who stopped into the Reebok store at the Milton Premium Outlets comment on the selection.  Curious to see if it's any better than the existing stores in terms of newer releases being available.
They had a bunch of Crossfit sneakers and apparel.  Smallest sizes were Ms for tops.  They had their version of Nike's frees.  I can't remember what Reebok calls them.  Also had their truly goofy looking ATV sneakers.  Only thing that interested me were some of their Reebok Reserve label sneakers (suede is always nice), but I already picked up Livestock's collab recently, so I passed.  That's all I can remember.

Edit: just remembered, everything 30% off for a little while. Can't help you with sticker prices

Last edited:
Im going to be in Paris, France and Brussels, Belgium a few days before Christmas... Does anyone know about some good sneaker places around those two cities? How is the availability over there... Anybody have any experiences in terms of being able to get a pair?

one more question about buying stuff from the states. How come theres duties for eastbay, but when Ive bought things from ebay, they never charged taxes or duties? How does that work? Most of em were usps packages

one more question about buying stuff from the states. How come theres duties for eastbay, but when Ive bought things from ebay, they never charged taxes or duties? How does that work? Most of em were usps packages
Eastbay/Footlocker/Champs build in the 34% charge for duty to keep the prices close to what the Canadian retail would be so they don't under cut their stores here. Since they also ship from their Canadian distribution center they also are obliged to submit taxes and duty to the government and therefore collect it from their customers. How much profit is built into that 34% is anybody's guess.  When an Ebay seller ships you it is the luck of the draw on being charged additional tax/duty on delivery.  I have noticed more sellers utilizing Ebay's Pitney Bowes service where you are charged all the additional import charges when you pay for your goods.  I avoid them like the plague because they make it way too expensive to buy anything. I have also noticed that anything coming via UPS or Fedex from the States usually results in me paying more at the door as well.

Reebok Outlet had an FSR of the Iverson Answer 1's (130$) Black DMX

Some retro omni-lite pumps (all red)

Just got back from ES today.

From what i remember, they have some lebron 9 lows, not sure of the actual cw names but one was grey and one was yellow they were $138

They have some seat pleasant KD 6's, a couple size 9's left and a couple size 8's

Plenty of flyknits and runners etc. They had the QS bo jacksons in size 13 (2 pairs left i believe), they had the air max 97 milan's. Some lifestyle kobes and lebrons in plenty of sizes. 

One pair of kobe 8's in size 14.

One pair of those royal/grey foams in size 14.

One pair of fire red 3's size 14.

Back
Top Bottom