Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

ShoetopiaTO

Not sure if the same people are behind the Toronto event but there was a Shoetopia-DC in the spring which will be followed up with their second event this November (see below).  Show will be held at the Verizon Center with tiered admission to the sneaker event which includes a seat at the Wizards game in the evening.  If Toronto uses this format I would probably go as the Raptors are playing Utah at home November 9th.  If the pricing is similar it's not a bad deal.  No info on the Raptors website yet but this might be good if they keep it affordable and have quality vendors.

BUBdrr0IQAAonE9.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it does include the raptors games
So it's probably the same people running it

I don't think it's the same people running it, Monumental sports is the company that owns and operates the Wizards, the Raptors and MLSE probably just copied the idea to get a huge crowd at the ACC for a game that probably would still have a good amount of empty seats, though it isn't bad value, 21 bucks and you're in at a sneaker convention and a raptors game

Does anyone remember how much were the black grapes sold for at retail price, and what would be a reasonable reselling price range to cop ??

Great INFO from all of the above on the past event and upcoming event. I guess I now know what will be the first game i will be buying tickets for
laugh.gif
. Great value i would definitely be down for that. 

nrml.ca

restock on shadow 1s & black tongue 5s

edit ; Fire Red 3s also

Last edited:
Heading down to Niagara Falls/Buffalo next week and wondering if there are any good non-mall/factory outlet sneaker shops in the area besides Villa?

Heading down to Niagara Falls/Buffalo next week and wondering if there are any good non-mall/factory outlet sneaker shops in the area besides Villa?
There's one inside Walden Galleria, I totally forgot the name but it's on the lower level just as you exit Macy's, the House of Hoops is a short walk from that store

There's one inside Walden Galleria, I totally forgot the name but it's on the lower level just as you exit Macy's, the House of Hoops is a short walk from that store
I went there last time I was down.  I think it's called Street Game.  I'm trying to find stores just like that to check out instead of hitting the usual Footlockers etc. Thanks!

I went there last time I was down.  I think it's called Street Game.  I'm trying to find stores just like that to check out instead of hitting the usual Footlockers etc. Thanks!

most def Street Game at Walden you are thinking of

^The short answer is yes; even without exposure to dirt and air (although they definitely speed it up) "icy" clear soles will yellow over time (even if kept in storage & away from light, as I will attest & so will a lot of guys who store away their AJ XIs and such)

There are remedies for it (Sea Glow, dyeing yellowed soles a different tint, etc.) but it is an eventuality for clear soled shoes.

Last I heard on the JB forum (don't surf as much around here) is that Nike was trying to figure out a way to make clear soled Jordans that don't yellow as fast... someone correct me or chime in please

^The short answer is yes; even without exposure to dirt and air (although they definitely speed it up) "icy" clear soles will yellow over time (even if kept in storage & away from light, as I will attest & so will a lot of guys who store away their AJ XIs and such)

There are remedies for it (Sea Glow, dyeing yellowed soles a different tint, etc.) but it is an eventuality for clear soled shoes.

Last I heard on the JB forum (don't surf as much around here) is that Nike was trying to figure out a way to make clear soled Jordans that don't yellow as fast... someone correct me or chime in please
They have already contributed to that and that was creating the clear soles blue.

Thank you. How many of you guys would still buy a shoe knowing it'll yellow?

I was never big on Jordan's growing up but now im slowly getting into then to see how they are for basketball. Love the 16s but they look awful when they yellow..im pretty much forced to only buy shoes that don't yellow.

I'm on my cell right now so it's not easy to find the vid, but there's a vid where a guy said his og questions had a blue tint and never yellowed . So reebok had the solution a long time ago. I'm not one that cries when a shoe yellows or creases, its natural

I'm on my cell right now so it's not easy to find the vid, but there's a vid where a guy said his og questions had a blue tint and never yellowed . So reebok had the solution a long time ago. I'm not one that cries when a shoe yellows or creases, its natural

^ Might be an aberration (lucky guy whoever he is) but for Nike to make shoes that last longer? That don't yellow, fade, and crack

No thanks, that would be self-defeating to their bottom line... they WANT their shoes to last a certain amount of reasonable time (see their 2 year return policy) before you have to go out & buy a new pair(s)

Yellowing, creasing, etc. is all the weathering/wear process but the inexcusable thing for me is painted midsoles that chip/flake/crack after a few wears....

Nike should bring back outsoles & midsoles that are a definite colour, not white with cheap*** paint on the exterior...

**On a sidenote;

Did anyone pick up anything good @ last week's Reebok / Adidas / Taylormade sale up in Woodbridge?

Missed out but from the scrap heap tornado customers left behind it seemed there were some deals...

Not sure if this is the place to ask gents so bear with me...

This weekend I'll be in NF/Buffalo (Saturday) and Toronto on Sunday with my lady. Any recommendations on places to shop/malls/outlets that would satisfy my need to look for kicks as well as my lady's need to just shop (if that makes sense)?

I've noted some of the aforementioned shops and malls on the last couple of pages, so should i be good with those?

Also, any recommendations on MUST DO things in Toronto (being Sunday and all) or places that I HAVE to eat at? Def want to get a taste of the local culinary flair (pause?) and culture? Any help would KINDLY be appreciated. If on the wrong forum, please forgive me. FYI, i'll be staying in NF (Canada side) with a car rental, so I'll be driving to all these spots.

I plan on trying to go inside the CN tower but i need some help with other things to do. Please advise.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the place to ask gents so bear with me...

This weekend I'll be in NF/Buffalo (Saturday) and Toronto on Sunday with my lady. Any recommendations on places to shop/malls/outlets that would satisfy my need to look for kicks as well as my lady's need to just shop (if that makes sense)?

I've noted some of the aforementioned shops and malls on the last couple of pages, so should i be good with those?

Also, any recommendations on MUST DO things in Toronto (being Sunday and all) or places that I HAVE to eat at? Def want to get a taste of the local culinary flair (pause?) and culture? Any help would KINDLY be appreciated. If on the wrong forum, please forgive me. FYI, i'll be staying in NF (Canada side) with a car rental, so I'll be driving to all these spots.

I plan on trying to go inside the CN tower but i need some help with other things to do. Please advise.
Canada One Nike Outlet

Niagara Falls USA Nike Outlet (Large Mall lots of female friendly shops) "Fashion Outlets USA"

House of Hoops downtown Toronto

^ Might be an aberration (lucky guy whoever he is) but for Nike to make shoes that last longer? That don't yellow, fade, and crack

No thanks, that would be self-defeating to their bottom line... they WANT their shoes to last a certain amount of reasonable time (see their 2 year return policy) before you have to go out & buy a new pair(s)

Yellowing, creasing, etc. is all the weathering/wear process but the inexcusable thing for me is painted midsoles that chip/flake/crack after a few wears....

Nike should bring back outsoles & midsoles that are a definite colour, not white with cheap*** paint on the exterior...

**On a sidenote;

Did anyone pick up anything good @ last week's Reebok / Adidas / Taylormade sale up in Woodbridge?

Missed out but from the scrap heap tornado customers left behind it seemed there were some deals...

Yeah i hear you guys.

I regret not buying certain pairs looking in retrospect. Love certain Jordan's but im hesitant to buy online due to the different fits and i heard certain pairs can even crack and whatnot if they're too old.

Back
Top Bottom