Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Space Jam 11s will sell out. So many people have been waiting on those because:
1) people did not get them in 2009 (I struck out too)
2) resale was high
3) if you got them back in 2009 - the soles probably "yellowed" by now.

Last edited:

Also, keep in mind (i don't know if this is known) TB UBs will be re-stocked in the GTA a few times in the new year.

Last edited:
I don't wear 11s too often. I passed on the 72-10s despite having access to it several times. I also passed on the Gamma 11s to which I regretted afterwards... my last 11 purchase was the Breds a few years ago when Nike had the Twitter reservations for the Bloor store.

2) resale was high

Yup group 3 for me lol

2) resale was high
To add to this, it's a Jordan 11, you got people that aren't even sneakerheads asking for them.

Last year, a couple friends of a friend overseas was asking for 72-10's, they were the same size as me so I passed on 1 pair won by raffle, the other had to buy resell (about $50 over retail). They were widely available but if you're a popular size, it still wasn't easy to find. I remember telling my friend that you might just be able to walk-in the day of release and get a pair, checked the stores around Eaton's in the afternoon and did not come across any. Mind you, they restocked a bunch of times so if you're not in a rush to get them then they'll come around again. 

Any idea why that even closed down?

From what I know the main factors were:

1. Like FPrince said the rent/lease for the neighborhood/store space was extremely expensive

2. Apparently after any/most highly sought after releases where people would camp nearby residents would complain due to garbage/litter in the concourse and crowding. Other than the cost of the area/space this may of factored into why why the lease wasn't renewed (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this)

3. Due to being a flagship store the prices of product kind of reflected that. Things that would sit at normal retailers would still be marked full price and there were barely any sales ever from what I can remember. The store didn't have much traffic outside of most hyped releases as well

From what I know the main factors were:

1. Like FPrince said the rent/lease for the neighborhood/store space was extremely expensive

2. Apparently after any/most highly sought after releases where people would camp nearby residents would complain due to garbage/litter in the concourse and crowding. Other than the cost of the area/space this may of factored into why why the lease wasn't renewed (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this)

3. Due to being a flagship store the prices of product kind of reflected that. Things that would sit at normal retailers would still be marked full price and there were barely any sales ever from what I can remember. The store didn't have much traffic outside of most hyped releases as well
If Nike were smart, they would put locations in malls. That Nike Running store in Eaton doesn't cut it. I swear BC has two Niketown Locations, both in malls.

Anyone want a pair of White Mountaineering City Socks in a size 9 below retail? I just want to get rid of them now. Taking up too much space in my closet. same for a SBB Jordan 31 size 9. Bottom of $275 for the city sock and $220 for the Js. 

I'm not intending to be douchy with my comment, but Nike's fiscal year is actually June-May, which is why you often see Nike/JB restocks in May to help boost those yearly sales numbers. I have no idea why i know this.
Didn't know this. Silly of me to assume lol.

Just to add to the RC Ultra Boost I think Gravity Pope may be getting them, or at least the clothing. In the fine print on their black friday/pre xmas/ whatever they're calling it sale it states "Does not include adidas x Reigning Champ". Possible that these are going to RC stockists and not just adidas consortium so they may be more gettable than first thought.

If Nike were smart, they would put locations in malls. That Nike Running store in Eaton doesn't cut it. I swear BC has two Niketown Locations, both in malls.

I agree, EC location definitely doesn't cut it. And, even if they did get decent stock numbers and weren't limited to running styles we def need something for the GTA as well

2) resale was high

Certain parts of the soles are closer to "orange" on mine, although kept in steady rotation the rest of the shoe still looks alright so I'm staying retired.

To add to this, it's a Jordan 11, you got people that aren't even sneakerheads asking for them.

Crazy to think if you're in HS/under 20 you weren't even born when the original Space Jam movie was in theatres (no slight meant to the young'uns, just an old man observing the current scene)

Oh boy, quality control on these copper even worst than my buluga, left has 5 dots and right has 7. I just picked these up at Haven Toronto myself, oh well

Oh boy, quality control on these copper even worst than my buluga, left has 5 dots and right has 7. I just picked these up at Haven Toronto myself, oh well
damn that sucks.  i hope you're keeping them cuz if you sell em you'd have to write an explanation story lol

Certain parts of the soles are closer to "orange" on mine, although kept in steady rotation the rest of the shoe still looks alright so I'm staying retired.
Crazy to think if you're in HS/under 20 you weren't even born when the original Space Jam movie was in theatres (no slight meant to the young'uns, just an old man observing the current scene)
Being in elementary at the time, I still remember they'd play the vhs every year. 
laugh.gif

Nike had stores at Sherway, SQ1, even Lakeshore in Oakville - I frequented these locations - sales were often 50% off and they would do store to store transfers - very convenient and customer service was solid.

To add to the LC thread discussion - The qc was much better on the V1 350s.

damn that sucks.  i hope you're keeping them cuz if you sell em you'd have to write an explanation story lol
It's actually more common than you think. The texture of the Boost on my Beluga don't match each other. One is essentially smooth while the other looks like normal, textured Boost.
Nike had stores at Sherway, SQ1, even Lakeshore in Oakville - I frequented these locations - sales were often 50% off and they would do store to store transfers - very convenient and customer service was solid.
Don't forget the Queen Street one! 

To add to the LC thread discussion - The qc was much better on the V1 350s.

It's actually more common than you think. The texture of the Boost on my Beluga don't match each other. One is essentially smooth while the other looks like normal, textured Boost.

Don't forget the Queen Street one! 
Queen street one was good.

I remember when they were about to close down and they put the entire store on sale for 50% off. 

Bought some 9s and 2s then.

Back
Top Bottom