Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

What's the weirdest thing you guys have encountered while meeting up with someone to buy/sell? One dude was sniffing the shoe when I sold off an extra pair of Infrared 6s 

What's the weirdest thing you guys have encountered while meeting up with someone to buy/sell? One dude was sniffing the shoe when I sold off an extra pair of Infrared 6s 

I don't find that odd anymore since glue was an indicator for some Js...bad smelling glue equates to fakes...but the recent Js also have that bad smell so doesn't guarantee it

As for the oddest, nothing really but just silly questions like can I try on the shoe just to make sure they fit or if they can return it later on (electronic item)...like seriously? I'm not a retail shop where you can try on my shoes where I don't even try on my own shoes unless I'm planning to un-DS them or return electronics like I offer warranty :x

Just curious, anyone here play in any TSSC sports? My squad won the softball chip tonight for the co-ed division
pimp.gif
Congrats! Yah I play floor hockey and sometimes football & Ultimate with TSSC.

I use to play softball with them but the fields in the city is not that great.  I played softball in markham and it is so much better, but stopped since I don't work up there anymore.

Never really met anyone that was weird, most of the people buying are my age or younger except for an older guy that was like 6'7 and looked like a biker. Lol half the time they hand me the money before they even look inside the box lol one guy almost started walking away after we did the exchanged, didn't even look at them either till I told him to check them out lol

Last edited:

One of the weirdest (and someone here looked to have had a similar experience) was when a guy asked to try on the shoes for sizing.

He didn't seem to understand why I didn't allow it and even went as far as saying that he tries shoes on at Footlocker all the time. LOL at the guy comparing me to a big box brand.

think the weirdest experience i had was some guy who wanted to buy a pair and kept asking me to go below my floor but i held firm on my price.  He then went on to get two other friends to contact me for the same pair and attempted to get them for the price i had said no to originally.  eventually one of his friends came to pick them up at the price i held firm on but the only reason i was able to confirm was cause his buddy let it slip that he was grabbing it for his friend and told me about how he and his other buddies were trying to get this pair for his friend.  We both had a good laugh at that but that's about it

People asking to try shoes on and one guy was trying to authenticate a pair of air max 360's that I was selling for a steal.  He had no idea how to authenticate them and he was wondering why they were so cheap.  I got them on a deep disco and was just trying to get rid of them because I didn't think I was going to wear them.

People asking to try shoes on and one guy was trying to authenticate a pair of air max 360's that I was selling for a steal.  He had no idea how to authenticate them and he was wondering why they were so cheap.  I got them on a deep disco and was just trying to get rid of them because I didn't think I was going to wear them.
+1 for paying it fwd and not trying to kill ppl with resale prices

that's what's wrong with the community these days...  sometimes it should be about helping others out when you get a deep discount like the good ol days. 

It's rare these days but I scored the AJ 10/13 CDP for a steal from a local sneakerhead at a crazy price cause he got them for the low and was paying it fwd.

One of the weirdest (and someone here looked to have had a similar experience) was when a guy asked to try on the shoes for sizing.

He didn't seem to understand why I didn't allow it and even went as far as saying that he tries shoes on at Footlocker all the time. LOL at the guy comparing me to a big box brand.
LOL...really don't understand how people have the audacity to ask someone for a refund when it was a cash b/s/t deal
mean.gif

I had someone try to return a pair of Yeezy 750's he bought off me. First he was saying he needed a bigger size so he tried to exchange it with someone else and he said my pair was a bit off compared to that pair (dude they're suede, it's not gonna be identical), so he was insisting that my pair was fake, this was like 2 weeks after the deal was made. Initially the dude was cool, seemed to have done his research on real vs fake prior to meeting up, was not asking stupid questions and all, then it all went downhill when he tried to get a refund
sick.gif
. I don't know about the other pair but I know that I bought mine of ADC even sent him screencaps and email confirmation to show I bought them there. At that point, if I was scamming him why would I even bother to reply?

I just ended the conversation with how do I know I'm even getting my pair (which I know for a fact is legit) back, then he backed off.

Last edited:

I dont find anythin weird if they wanna try them on. usually I meet in malls & they take a few steps in them. if they try to take off in them Ive always got something to counter that

oddest person Ive encountered was selling my aj5's. a chick was buying it & I thought it was for her mans. when we met it turns out she an asian grandma type who happens to collect jays. she isnt even my size, just wanted the shoe for collection. thought thats actually dope & shows how diverse this sneaker game is

I had an experience like that before...the dip**** tried one side on stomping down into the shoe then started doing jab steps and pretend jump shots...didn't end up wanting them but had already handed me the money to count so I said **** you and enjoy your new shoes, walked away. His mother was in shock.

I had an experience like that before...the dip**** tried one side on stomping down into the shoe then started doing jab steps and pretend jump shots...didn't end up wanting them but had already handed me the money to count so I said **** you and enjoy your new shoes, walked away. His mother was in shock.

:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

Stop it this never happened :lol: :lol:

Man said his mother was in shock :rofl:

No way this happened :D

When people ask them to try, I always advice them to go to the big store, try them on ...get your size and see if you like them and then go hunt for deals on Kijiji etc.

I dont find anythin weird if they wanna try them on. usually I meet in malls & they take a few steps in them. if they try to take off in them Ive always got something to counter that

oddest person Ive encountered was selling my aj5's. a chick was buying it & I thought it was for her mans. when we met it turns out she an asian grandma type who happens to collect jays. she isnt even my size, just wanted the shoe for collection. thought thats actually dope & shows how diverse this sneaker game is
The thing is...  a shoe isn't DS anymore if they try them on.  I can also see a situation play out where the buyer decides they don't want the shoe anymore.  If they meet up with you, try on your shoes and decide they don't want them, they basically wasted your time and took money out of your pocket as the shoes aren't DS anymore. 
I've seen someone do this in Champs.  He tried on a pair of ball shoes and he was jab stepping and testing out the traction like crazy.  He basically ended up short of running suicides just to see if the shoes would grip on their tile floors... like c'mon son

The thing is...  a shoe isn't DS anymore if they try them on.  I can also see a situation play out where the buyer decides they don't want the shoe anymore.  If they meet up with you, try on your shoes and decide they don't want them, they basically wasted your time and took money out of your pocket as the shoes aren't DS anymore. 

+1

I think people have a different definition of DS but for me and maybe you too, DS means pure deadstock...not even tried on.

If I tried on a shoe and plan to sell it, I will state that the shoe has been tried on if it was just for sizing or what not and if I even walked around the house on them.

At least the learner is aware of the level of usage of the shoe.

So if you encounter a buyer who is like me and the shoe is tried on, I will surely ask for a discount on the price since it's no longer DS 8)

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl:

Stop it this never happened :lol: :lol:

Man said his mother was in shock :rofl:
I **** you not...at Vaughan mills mall and it was a rich Italian mom and her bratty kid. He wore down the tread just trying his busted *** awkward Jab steps. I was giving him pointers and some tips on his form too...

I **** you not...at Vaughan mills mall and it was a rich Italian mom and her bratty kid. He wore down the tread just trying his busted *** awkward Jab steps. I was giving him pointers and some tips on his form too...
lolz people who ask to try them on, I ask them to hand me the cash to "complete the deal" and then they can do w/e they want w/ the shoe at that point.  I think only 1-2 people who have ever bought from me have actually tried them on at the meet up but more have asked

lolz people who ask to try them on, I ask them to hand me the cash to "complete the deal" and then they can do w/e they want w/ the shoe at that point.  I think only 1-2 people who have ever bought from me have actually tried them on at the meet up but more have asked
I think it's fair if they ask to try on to just give them the left shoe. Sizing is all over the place with all these different models. People generally aren't trying to scam you. They had to take time out of their day to meet you so unless it really doesn't fit they aren't going to walk from the deal.

But to be fair I make people go out of their way to come to me so its clear that they want the shoe.

+1

I think people have a different definition of DS but for me and maybe you too, DS means pure deadstock...not even tried on.

If I tried on a shoe and plan to sell it, I will state that the shoe has been tried on if it was just for sizing or what not and if I even walked around the house on them.

At least the learner is aware of the level of usage of the shoe.

So if you encounter a buyer who is like me and the shoe is tried on, I will surely ask for a discount on the price since it's no longer DS
glasses.gif
If you can't tell it's no longer deadstock. It's deadstock as a seller (new in box). Because guess what. That shoe you got "deadstock" from Footlocker, chances are it was tried on anyways.

Back
Top Bottom