Official Toronto Raptors 2009-2010 Season Thread. The Raptors are garbage. That is all.

^ its Canada. they air the college dunk contest 5 months after it happens at 3 am in the morning on tsn.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

^ its Canada. they air the college dunk contest 5 months after it happens at 3 am in the morning on tsn.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Sad, but true.

I don't understand why they don't show it live, or at the very least replay it while it's still relevant.

pimp.gif
the return of CB4, we'll see how this team does against the wolves.bosh will probably play very few mins just to get back in the rhythm and the bench players should still see the majority of the time.

laugh.gif
Word.
laugh.gif

and whose littlefoot?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

laugh.gif
Word.
laugh.gif

and whose littlefoot?
laugh.gif
Little Foot = the homie from Land Before Time.
pimp.gif

vepyky.jpg

I mean who was he referring to, I'm guessing Bosh. If so I was going to say of course his Dreads got longer, not matter who you are your hair always getslonger when you get Dreads.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Bargnani 22 points in 21 minutes.
smh.gif
pimp.gif

If dude was just an average rebounder he would be a max player.
ohwell.gif
came in here to point out the same thing. Bargnani has been shooting lights out this pre-season. Hes confident, not hesitating when he gets therock and hes trying to back dudes down when he gets a mismatch. lets hope his maturity so far transfers over to the regular season. only problem though is howmuch hes still shooting from the outside. he needs to look to drive every single chance he gets not to try and get open looks 100% of the time. strongdrives/finishes will open up his shooting game that much more. Im excited though, 21pts in 22min is efficiency!
pimp.gif
put in the work my man

Scoring is easy for Bargnani.

A few things have me concerned about him though...
-Will he get enough touches to thrive in this new Raptors' system? Bosh is going to get his 22 ppg, but now we have Hedo who needs his shots and alegitimate 2-guard who will need to take some shots. Bargnani put up some nice numbers last season because he was the 2nd option, now he's option #3 andmaybe option #4 if DeRozan adjusts to the NBA really quickly. As we all know, Bargnani needs to take a decent amount of shots to get into a rhythm.

-Has his rebounding improved? You cant succeed in this league as a team if your starting C is averaging 5 RPG

-Has his help defense improved? I think his man D is pretty good but he is often lost when we are playing zone or he has to make a switch

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Scoring is easy for Bargnani.

A few things have me concerned about him though...
-Will he get enough touches to thrive in this new Raptors' system? Bosh is going to get his 22 ppg, but now we have Hedo who needs his shots and a legitimate 2-guard who will need to take some shots. Bargnani put up some nice numbers last season because he was the 2nd option, now he's option #3 and maybe option #4 if DeRozan adjusts to the NBA really quickly. As we all know, Bargnani needs to take a decent amount of shots to get into a rhythm.

-Has his rebounding improved? You cant succeed in this league as a team if your starting C is averaging 5 RPG

-Has his help defense improved? I think his man D is pretty good but he is often lost when we are playing zone or he has to make a switch
His rebounding? He worked with Moses Malone in the summer but the effects have yet to be seen, I'm not going to give up based on thesepreseason games but were goin to need better than 6 boards a game from him. and Derozan has no chance in hell of being the 3rd option, his offense is notnearly developed enough. Hedo should be the third option if anything.

According to Doug Smith Marc Ivaroni has been impressed with Andreas lane presence at training camp.
Iavaroni, whose concentration on the defensive aspect of the game is intense, was impressed last week in Ottawa with Bargnani's ability to defend off the ball, to be in the right spot and make the right play to help.
http://www.thestar.com/article/705328

Bargnani's passing/offense IQ is scary good. There were so many times last year where Bargnani broke down the offense and set up Bosh with a pass...But ofcourse CB would bobble the ball and turn it over.

Bargs will never get offensive rebounds because of his positioning on the floor and his def-rebs are all give me's..Dude's rebounding numbers are theproduct of the system..

His defense keeps getting better...Feels like yesterday when he was a rookie looking clueless on D.

Back
Top Bottom