Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

UV light folks....
4D21A1D0-4451-491F-928F-3AA2AAB2A17A.jpeg

i’ve heard that only works with pairs fresh out the box that have never been opened. once you shine In light on them they glow blue the first time only. once they’ve been exposed to the UV light once they’ll just glow normal.

haven’t done it myself but someone who’s keeping and hasn’t worn might be able to confirm

so, I just did a meet up with a dude from offer up and here's what happened...

man, I honestly couldn't tell if they were real or fake. I took my pair from snkrs to compare with. I had talked him down to $465 for his sz 11. it was ALMOST identical...

*his box label looked identical, but the shade of green and infrared on the box were ever so slightly different. it was so slight that it was hardly even noticeable.

*his lace bags appeared to be ever so slightly bigger, but again, barely noticeable.

*the black outsole on his pair had like a slight shine/gloss to it where mine are more dull/not so shiny

*the "cactus jack" infrared stitched logo on the heel had a slightly thicker font and appeared to be just barely brighter in color. again, had I not had my pair to compare with, NONE of these details would have been noticeable.

*overall, the colors on his pair were slightly brighter and more vibrant.

*my pair came with black AND white tissue paper inside the box. his pair was missing the white tissue paper

*the font on the box size label was pretty much identical on both boxes

*the color of the suede was the same, BUT the suede on my pair was visibly more buttery. my pair, the suede changes from light to dark when I run my finger across it. his pair didn't do that.

*his receipt was a color print out that looked good, BUT the real receipts are actually a sticker with the return label, not just an ordinary piece of paper.

for those reasons, I passed. I could tell he was pissed. he probably thought I was from where I live, but as soon as he saw me he realized he probably didn't wanna play with me. I really wanted to cop. I'm still thinking they coulda been real. I felt like they woulda passed stockx authentication, either way. but I went with my gut.

moral to this post is be very careful. if you copping via meet up, hopefully you have a real pair to compare with. they were so close, but as they say, the devil is in the details. if that pair was fake, it was definitely what I believe would be considered AAA. hope this helps.
??
Mine from stockx came with cardboard shoe tree ?

i’ve heard that only works with pairs fresh out the box that have never been opened. once you shine In light on them they glow blue the first time only. once they’ve been exposed to the UV light once they’ll just glow normal.

haven’t done it myself but someone who’s keeping and hasn’t worn might be able to confirm
I could probably confirm I have a pair I haven't even opened yet. I could grab a blacklight and see before they hit light.

I could probably confirm I have a pair I haven't even opened yet. I could grab a blacklight and see before they hit light.

all you would have to do is shine a black light on them so they glow blue. maybe expose then to the sun for a bit and try again with the black light later

Huh? Have you been in this thread? Just the other day, someone posted a pic of scuffed toe box or something like that, and there's been others in here saying the quality is so so.
a single scuffed toebox compared to all the pages of drama that went down in this thread due to QC issues on the highs? stop it. not even close to being close.
??

Mine from stockx came with cardboard shoe tree ?
mine and his had the cardboard shoe tree. laces were tied the same. they very well may have been real, but I didn't wanna take the chance. although, maybe I should have. oh well.

Last edited:
A74A3BDB-E45C-48BC-AB1E-B589CF2966D4.jpeg

StockX pair arrived. Swapped the laces right away. These are so FYE..UNDSing them this weekend in The A.
and see, a pair like this, you can instantly tell it's real. look at the suede. you can tell it'll change with the swipe of a finger. I think that's the biggest tell right now until the fakes get the suede right, which may not happen. I don't think they ever got it perfect on the highs either.

tenor (3).gif

Sad to see that this is what buying hyped shoes has come to. I hate culture vultures man.

homeboy said he will trade his sz 14 for court purples and 165 :nthat::rofl:I dont know why he be hooking me up lol

Back
Top Bottom