Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

funny thing is my homie is on staff at the store and I couldn’t even get a pair lol. Stock on shoes is hella low unless they sold out of everything Sunday. Didn’t hear anything about restock in store for today

Remember, dudes on NT are investors, financial consultants, lawyers, doctors, and engineers.

they know best!
haha right. Don't get me wrong, I'm not standing in that line to make $500. I'm just not. I'll spend those 24 hours with my daughter and spend the $500 to cop resell if I want them. But I recognize I'm privileged as **** to have that attitude towards it. Everyone isn't that lucky so I'll be damned if I judge them for doing what's needed to support themselves. I don't care if it's a 14 year old getting money to buy video games, a 21 yr old getting beer money, or a 35 yr old getting diaper money. Salute to them, honestly.

That line is crazy but this is the game now. If people can flip it, there will be a line, chaos and backdooring. I am not going to hate on anyone in that line. I think the longest I stood in line was about 2.5 hours. If you have time time and patience to be out there 5 and 6 hours, then more power to you. It just sucks for people who really want the shoe but can't afford resale and don't have time to stand in line all day.

48+ hrs for what...$400-$700? hustling backwards...only semi worth it if they could get their hands on small sizes on 1's.
Keep in mind a lot of dudes doing multiple pairs. If you got a few pairs it's worth 2 days in my broke boy opinion. Security the real hustle cause they getting money with no investment while they're at work.

Keep in mind a lot of dudes doing multiple pairs. If you got a few pairs it's worth 2 days in my broke boy opinion. Security the real hustle cause they getting money with no investment while they're at work.

Oh the people who got multiple pairs aren't the ones mad about the release. But from that line and the stories about the release that was a small fraction of the people there.

That’s exactly what happened!
My good homie witnessed it all first hand!

read a bunch of comments too, on the post in the Houston sneakers fb group! can’t believe nothing crazy happened!
This is pretty much par for the course in NYC. :frown:

It would be so easy to just stop selling to known resellers and yet no one does it.

Damn that sucks to hear. Honestly though, there's no way to stop this kinda thing from happening since it's such an ingrained thing in the culture. There's money to be made so of course people are gonna do whatever they can to buy as many for retail and take advantage of a system (pay off security, skip the line, etc.) to maximize the money in their pockets. Even if one were to have spoken up, it would just fall on deaf ears. Bringing it up to Nike does nothing too.

UOTE="dblplay1212, post: 32459105, member: 189037"]
No offense, but I really hate posts like this. 24 hours of standing in line may not be worth $500 to you but it is to a lot of people. That's rent for a lot of people. Your privilege is showing.

I’m a little conflicted with your statement.

Spending 24 hours plus trying to pay rent based on the resale of a shoe is the wrong way to do things, especially since you’re not even guarantee a WIN

I don’t know, but for me at least, you can do a lot to further yourself in those 24-48 hours to prevent yourself from camping for shoes to pay your rent or bills.

Last edited:
No offense, but I really hate posts like this. 24 hours of standing in line may not be worth $500 to you but it is to a lot of people. That's rent for a lot of people. Your privilege is showing.

What about the not-so-privileged that wants the shoe to wear?

Millionaire or dirt poor, reseller or someone who wants to wear the shoes, standing in line for 24 hours to purchase a pair of sneakers is madness. IDC.

I’m a little conflicted with your statement.

Spending 24 hours plus trying to pay rent based on the resale of a shoe is the wrong way to do things, especially since you’re not even guarantee a WIN

I don’t know, but for me at least, you can do a lot to further yourself in those 24-48 hours to prevent yourself from camping for shoes to pay your rent or bills.
USE THAT 24 HOURS TO GET A DEGREE AND GET A REAL JOB YOU ****ING BUMS!!!

Millionaire or dirt poor, reseller or someone who wants to wear the shoes, standing in line for 24 hours to purchase a pair of sneakers is madness. IDC.
Don't look at it as shoes. Look at it as someone standing in line for $500. Not as crazy for that dirt poor person now, huh?

haha right. Don't get me wrong, I'm not standing in that line to make $500. I'm just not. I'll spend those 24 hours with my daughter and spend the $500 to cop resell if I want them. But I recognize I'm privileged as **** to have that attitude towards it. Everyone isn't that lucky so I'll be damned if I judge them for doing what's needed to support themselves. I don't care if it's a 14 year old getting money to buy video games, a 21 yr old getting beer money, or a 35 yr old getting diaper money. Salute to them, honestly.

That is a lot of beer for a 21 year old! LOL, great comment, I salute you!

I took out my kaws the other day and the insole print has fallen off perfectly intact like a sticker, it was fine the last time I checked it. Must be the age of it and the glue has faded

Back
Top Bottom