Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

once these hit $2k and up, its gonna be one of those shoes that people are going to have to live with not owning like OG frags, OW 1 trio, Solefly, Art Basel, Trophy Room, Colette, Spike Lee 1's, etc.

once these hit $2k and up, its gonna be one of those shoes that people are going to have to live with not owning like OG frags, OW 1 trio, Solefly, Art Basel, Trophy Room, Colette, Spike Lee 1's, etc.
And sellers are gonna live with holding onto to them for awhile too because people aren’t lining up to pay $2k for shoes either.

I been looking at the same size 11 union taupe listings on eBay for like 2 weeks, people aren’t jumping at $1k+ like they used too

And sellers are gonna live with holding onto to them for awhile too because people aren’t lining up to pay $2k for shoes either.

I been looking at the same size 11 union taupe listings on eBay for like 2 weeks, people aren’t jumping at $1k+ like they used too

Union 4's are a different story for a few reasons. 1. most people don't love the 4's as much as they love 1's, 2. not every one likes the design of the union 4's with the tongue and bulkier materials, and 3. the taupe/desert moss left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths and it seems like most people are just going to get over that release. It also helps when theres something like these 2 travis 1's on the horizon. Some one in here mentioned they're gonna save the money from paying resale on the Union 4's and use it for these travis 1's.

This is a travis 1 which people are already forking over $1k for any day for the OG browns, and its also a fragment 1 similar to the OG frag which a lot of people want and don't have. Its a recipe for a disaster to have these 2 collaborations AND have extremely low stock. Supposedly lower than trophy rooms and yall know the price of those and tons of people don't even like the TR 1's especially compared to these.

Union 4's are a different story for a few reasons. 1. most people don't love the 4's as much as they love 1's, 2. not every one likes the design of the union 4's with the tongue and bulkier materials, and 3. the taupe/desert moss left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths and it seems like most people are just going to get over that release. It also helps when theres something like these 2 travis 1's on the horizon. Some one in here mentioned they're gonna save the money from paying resale on the Union 4's and use it for these travis 1's.

This is a travis 1 which people are already forking over $1k for any day for the OG browns, and its also a fragment 1 similar to the OG frag which a lot of people want and don't have. Its a recipe for a disaster to have these 2 collaborations AND have extremely low stock. Supposedly lower than trophy rooms and yall know the price of those and tons of people don't even like the TR 1's especially compared to these.

I’m just saying at that price range, those shoes don’t move a lot of volume and Don’t move quickly either. Especially in the long wrong unless you’re going under market.

for my size 11 in the OG Travis highs right now there are over 45+ pairs for sale on stockx alone and that’s not including multiples listed at the same price. Meanwhile 1-2 pairs Selling every few days. Trophy rooms are the same story. My buddy picked these up for $1450 just two weeks ago in feb they were over double that. Now they’ve settled for right about the price the back doors were selling them at on and before release.
26DD1D14-0EBB-4404-A256-0F28CC1124AD.jpeg

All I know is I seen my sz 10 in the OG highs for around 7/800and thought… it’ll keep dropping & I’ll cop.
In retrospect I should have copped two pair. Ended up spending the price of two on one pair…ouch.
Will try to cop for around that after release, if not ... oh well.

All I know is I seen my sz 10 in the OG highs for around 7/800and thought… it’ll keep dropping & I’ll cop.
In retrospect I should have copped two pair. Ended up spending the price of two on one pair…ouch.
Will try to cop for around that after release, if not ... oh well.

made the same mistake lol was able to cop a second “vnds” pair on the low down the line so it averaged out to being a slightly good deal on my end.

I’m just saying at that price range, those shoes don’t move a lot of volume and Don’t move quickly either. Especially in the long wrong unless you’re going under market.

for my size 11 in the OG Travis highs right now there are over 45+ pairs for sale on stockx alone and that’s not including multiples listed at the same price. Meanwhile 1-2 pairs Selling every few days. Trophy rooms are the same story. My buddy picked these up for $1450 just two weeks ago in feb they were over double that. Now they’ve settled for right about the price the back doors were selling them at on and before release.
26DD1D14-0EBB-4404-A256-0F28CC1124AD.jpeg

the thing about trophy rooms is that in general a lot of people didn't even like them from the leaked images and stuff, especially on NT where tons of people shared their dislike over a few details (shiny glitter look, ugly translucent soles with mediocre artwork, white stitching, wanna-be chicagos, etc). Add on the crappy release method that made people don't even want to be associated with TR anymore. And on top of that, the tons of good fakes of the TR out there and the whole blue lace gate. Trophy Rooms turned out to be a shoe a lot of people didn't want to go near it after the release. Hell even if price had dipped down to $1400 from the double of $2800 pre-release, I'd still be very sketchy of the $1400 pair as much as I would be of the $2800 pair.

and I feel like if the Travis Fragment highs and the fakes might go this direction, where every pair for sale on the aftermarket will come with a proceed with caution type of feel.

the thing about trophy rooms is that in general a lot of people didn't even like them from the leaked images and stuff, especially on NT where tons of people shared their dislike over a few details (shiny glitter look, ugly translucent soles with mediocre artwork, white stitching, wanna-be chicagos, etc). Add on the crappy release method that made people don't even want to be associated with TR anymore. And on top of that, the tons of good fakes of the TR out there and the whole blue lace gate. Trophy Rooms turned out to be a shoe a lot of people didn't want to go near it after the release. Hell even if price had dipped down to $1400 from the double of $2800 pre-release, I'd still be very sketchy of the $1400 pair as much as I would be of the $2800 pair.

and I feel like if the Travis Fragment highs and the fakes might go this direction, where every pair for sale on the aftermarket will come with a proceed with caution type of feel.

every shoe has its nuances that’s for sure. But one thing I’ve come to realize is that the market for $1000+ shoes, no matter how hyped and exciting they are in the moment really isnt that large. What happened To the trophy rooms isn’t really all that unique. Most shoes that reach that threshold move dramatically slower. Unless you’re looking to unload. As for fakes I their impact on the market is over stated. Most of the best Fakes are good stand alone but still stand out next to retail. Even hearing horror stories the majority of platforms get it right the majority of the time.

I’ve already said I’m all the way in on these Trav x Frag Highs, and with or without the collabs they’re a must for me. The thing I’m most curious about is what are the Fragment contributions. The Travis ties are easy (backwards Swoosh, and all the other details from the original Trav 1s). The shade of blue isn’t a Frag thing in particular (original Fragment 1s used a different shade), so is it just the lightning bolt logo on the one heel, the “FRAGMENT DESIGNS” on the one tongue, and the barcode on the medial midsoles as the only Frag connection? I wonder if the choice of the sample based colorway/color blocking was inspired or decided by Fragment. Or, I wonder if the materials are superior in some form or fashion, due to being a Fragment. I hope one of these is somewhat right, as if it’s just those aforementioned logos/labels being the only Fragment ties, that’d be such a lazy az collab.

I’ve already said I’m all the way in on these Trav x Frag Highs, and with or without the collabs they’re a must for me. The thing I’m most curious about is what are the Fragment contributions. The Travis ties are easy (backwards Swoosh, and all the other details from the original Trav 1s). The shade of blue isn’t a Frag thing in particular (original Fragment 1s used a different shade), so is it just the lightning bolt logo on the one heel, the “FRAGMENT DESIGNS” on the one tongue, and the barcode on the medial midsoles as the only Frag connection? I wonder if the choice of the sample based colorway/color blocking was inspired or decided by Fragment. Or, I wonder if the materials are superior in some form or fashion, due to being a Fragment. I hope one of these is somewhat right, as if it’s just those aforementioned logos/labels being the only Fragment ties, that’d be such a lazy az collab.
Maybe the shoes were designed by fragment for Travis. I don’t see any other reason why he would give them a cut.

The hype got to you my man

The hype got to you my man
Naw. Wasn’t the biggest fan when they were first leaked, as I said then and I’ll say now that the color blocking isn’t my favorite, but once I saw them with the black laces, I was in. My main reason for wanting them though is just the different color blocking from any other 1 I have, and the use of the unique shade of blue. Every 1 is using either Chi, Blk/Red, UNC, Metallic, Black Toe, or Colored Toe (might actually be my least favorite color blocking on 1s to be honest) blocking, so I welcome the change. They still rank below a sht ton of my 1s, SBs, and other kicks, but again, I support the differentiation.

Not bad. The fact that they’re the same shade/color as the midsole sets them off pretty nicely. Black laces are the absolute best IMO though.

I tried white waxed laces but they're too bright. The white on the shoe is a little duller. Might go back to black. Not sure yet. Loving the sail for now.

Back
Top Bottom