Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

Younger brother wear reps and actually resells them too(luxury brands only). Says he makes good money doing so and it's been hassle free.

Told me about it after I told him some of the prices I spent on shoes this year. Main reason I started using Reddit and following the reps subreddits. Couldn't do it myself personally.

He actually bought the Taupe Haze 4s this year and thought it was too much, so he just put them up and flipped on StockX. Definitely still a sneakerhead in my eyes though. 🤷‍♂️
What u mean by luxury brands

wear reps/dont wear reps...dont really care what a person does with their money. I get some people really like a pair of shoes and just has to have them, some can move on to the next. Bottom line, do what makes you happy. Just cause a person wears reps doesnt make tham a clown. Way to many grown men concerned with what other grown men have on they feet.
Don't think anyone is really concerned with what one is wearing, just voicing a opinion. Don't view them as clowns and I'm definitely not calling my blood or those close to me "clowns" for taking a stance.
I cant really tell if someone is wearing fakes these days, they arent the same at all. I used to be able to tell fakes and Hyundai's from a distance, now both have me stumped.
Pretty much.
What u mean by luxury brands
High fashion might have been a better term. He said he hasn't bothered trying with Nikes/Jordans because he feels most people would be able to tell the difference.

Seen the travis x fragment high in the wild ask dude where he copped from he said from his website. The shoe in person I wasn't pressed

From what he's told me, he doesn't disclose that info. I think it's well under their retail pricing from what I seen on his OfferUp listings. I've only seen two pairs though, some LV Trainers and pair of Prada shoes...don't know them by name.
Selling "reps" as authentic is a dirtbag move no matter what the price is. Pretty sure it's also illegal.

Lol lazy *** and convenient excuse to put the blame on Nike. If you can’t get obtain a specific shoe just move on to the next, no need to wear fake **** it ain’t that serious

Nike is actually to blame. They make people feel like they gotta have them, then in return make 10,000 pairs for 14 million people. Pretty much everything else sold on the planet is obtainable from the source, granit things sell out but they make more. Not shoes, it builds hype and that builds brand attention, and fake loyalty. Now people are convinced that they need to buy every SNKRS release to have a chance at the really good stuff. Nike played yall, point blank. Then you frown on people who just want the shoe, so he buy a rep, when 99% pf the people here can't even tell the difference.

Once 5+ colorways of those lows are released, the only one that will matter is the OG brown joints.

OG brown lows? The only TS 1 that really matters, and in all honesty the only TS shoe period (dunks, 1’s, 4’s etc) are the brown highs. The 4’s are meh, the 6’s meh, the 1 lows in both colors meh, Frags highs meh. Dunks are cool but still meh.

edit: Forgot about the AF’s, but still meh. And by meh to all of these I dont mean they are bad, I like the forces, the dunks, Frag highs, but meh and forgettable. Brown highs are really the only ones that stand out in my opinion.

That still doesn't fall on Nike.

Yall forget that Nike is a business.

Instead, some of yall think Nike owes you something.....They don't.

They out for money just like every other business out here.

Putting the blame on Nike is just you being emotional. No matter how you slice it.

truth….

C139A83A-3413-4613-A111-9063AD6C59DC.jpeg

I see the debate about wearing reps up in here. The ironic part about this conversation, is that the majority of yall are, and would blow $1500 for Travis lows, or basically $4000 for Travis Highs right now, just to post pictures on here to find out if they're fake or not from us. Im lmao at how brainwashed Nike/Jordan Brand has alot of people. Like I've said before, there's is no way that im paying a thousand over retail, let alone thousands on a shoe that retails out of the stores or online for $150 - $220.

And I know for a fact that the majority of people who are buying these for resell, shouldn't be buying these at all. In a recent financial study of American Citizens, 70% to 80% of all Americans don't even have $3500 in their bank accounts, and these are facts. That means that people who who can still afford it because of their profession, don't know how to manage their money and they're living beyond their means while keeping up with the jones,s, otherwise, that study wouldn't be true.

You better have atleast $100,000 in the bank to even justify spending $1500 - $4000 on some shoes that actually cost $150 - $220 for retail, because it's not that serious. Back when I was younger, we loved to stunt, but social media has done a number on people, nowadays. In reality, nobody should be spending that type of money on Jordan 1,s, unless if you're well off.

And we know well off people who still wouldn't do it because of their mentality. Look at Isiah Thomas, he gave a signed jersey and little bit of bread (probably came off $2000 max all together in value, or even lesser). He didn't pay nowhere near $4000 for these highs. And we all know his bank account is way more healthier than the majority of people in here.

But everybody joked about the value of his autograph in comparison to what he was asking for, but that's the difference in keeping money, and blowing money. It's just a shoe, not a painting or a house, so cut it out about people buying reps.

69% of Americans don't even have $1,000 just to blow like that, but im suppose believe all of this talk up in here like everybody in here that are buying these for resell should actually be doing it?

What does it matter what it retails for or what it cost to make as long as it holds value at whatevr u bought it at. If i got travis lows for $1000 put a few wears in for a year or 2 and get tired of them and sell them used and get my $1000 back maybe even a lil more i dont see no harm in that. I dont need 100k for that id just think of the pair as money sittin in the bank for a year or 2. People with 3.5k in bank would probably blow thru that money on somethin even more stupid anyway why not invest in something that will retain value atleast.

Few years ago i passed on a pair of ds off white chicago 1s cuz i used that same logic couldnt see myself spending $1500 on sneakers now that same pair goin for about 6k ds and way more than $1500 used. Not sure if i had them id sell them but atleast id have that option if i was in need of some capital. I could see your point if it was a depreciating asset.

What does it matter what it retails for or what it cost to make as long as it holds value at whatevr u bought it at. If i got travis lows for $1000 put a few wears in for a year or 2 and get tired of them and sell them used and get my $1000 back maybe even a lil more i dont see no harm in that. I dont need 100k for that id just think of the pair as money sittin in the bank for a year or 2. People with 3.5k in bank would probably blow thru that money on somethin even more stupid anyway why not invest in something that will retain value atleast.

Few years ago i passed on a pair of ds off white chicago 1s cuz i used that same logic couldnt see myself spending $1500 on sneakers now that same pair goin for about 6k ds and way more than $1500 used. Not sure if i had them id sell them but atleast id have that option if i was in need of some capital. I could see your point if it was a depreciating asset.

There is no guarantee that shoe will hold its value. The only thing keeping that shoes value up is the current trend and hype.

Once it shifts there goes the value of that shoe. Ask all the people who were on the Adidas train, or dropping racks on Nike performance basketball in the early 2010’s.

If you’re looking to invest you can make a way better return on that 1000 than a pair of shoes. With all due respect.

There is no guarantee that shoe will hold its value. The only thing keeping that shoes value up is the current trend and hype.

Once it shifts there goes the value of that shoe. Ask all the people who were on the Adidas train, or dropping racks on Nike performance basketball in the early 2010’s.

If you’re looking to invest you can make a way better return on that 1000 than a pair of shoes. With all due respect.
I agree theres way better way to invest but if you like rockin some nice kicks and at same time retaining some value then your good. Its a risk i aint saying invest in any shoe do your homework Jordans for the most part especially collabs been holdin some value for last 30yrs and they will continue to hold value as long as sneakerheads have feet lol. Adidas we all knew was just a flash in the pan.

But if you go with the previous dudes logic to investing he wouldnt even invest in bitcoin at $1500 a share because he couldnt see himself investing in something that once retailed at $.04 cents lol.

i hate you for reminding me that I passed on OW CHIs and Red Octobers for $1200 a piece.
Ughhhh. Big regrets.

I see the debate about wearing reps up in here. The ironic part about this conversation, is that the majority of yall are, and would blow $1500 for Travis lows, or basically $4000 for Travis Highs right now, just to post pictures on here to find out if they're fake or not from us. Im lmao at how brainwashed Nike/Jordan Brand has alot of people. Like I've said before, there's is no way that im paying a thousand over retail, let alone thousands on a shoe that retails out of the stores or online for $150 - $220.

And I know for a fact that the majority of people who are buying these for resell, shouldn't be buying these at all. In a recent financial study of American Citizens, 70% to 80% of all Americans don't even have $3500 in their bank accounts, and these are facts. That means that people who who can still afford it because of their profession, don't know how to manage their money and they're living beyond their means while keeping up with the jones,s, otherwise, that study wouldn't be true.

You better have atleast $100,000 in the bank to even justify spending $1500 - $4000 on some shoes that actually cost $150 - $220 for retail, because it's not that serious. Back when I was younger, we loved to stunt, but social media has done a number on people, nowadays. In reality, nobody should be spending that type of money on Jordan 1,s, unless if you're well off.

And we know well off people who still wouldn't do it because of their mentality. Look at Isiah Thomas, he gave a signed jersey and little bit of bread (probably came off $2000 max all together in value, or even lesser). He didn't pay nowhere near $4000 for these highs. And we all know his bank account is way more healthier than the majority of people in here.

But everybody joked about the value of his autograph in comparison to what he was asking for, but that's the difference in keeping money, and blowing money. It's just a shoe, not a painting or a house, so cut it out about people buying reps.

****, I feel stupid sometimes paying retail for a shoe :lol:.
I be asking myself after I get that Order Confirmation e-mail, "did I really just spend $200 on a pair of shoes when I have plenty of other shoes?"
But that's the hobby man :rolleyes.
Gonna call it quits soon after 2 upcoming drops I have my eye on.

Nike is actually to blame. They make people feel like they gotta have them, then in return make 10,000 pairs for 14 million people. Pretty much everything else sold on the planet is obtainable from the source, granit things sell out but they make more. Not shoes, it builds hype and that builds brand attention, and fake loyalty. Now people are convinced that they need to buy every SNKRS release to have a chance at the really good stuff. Nike played yall, point blank. Then you frown on people who just want the shoe, so he buy a rep, when 99% pf the people here can't even tell the difference.

Nike doesn’t make you do anything. They know how many to make so they sell out and don’t have extras sitting around to the point where they lose money. Remember shoes like the react 87? They were limited at first, selling at crazy prices, then were widely available and were on sale everywhere and couldn’t be given away.

Most people only want most shoes now because they’re hyped or limited. If they say that’s not why, they’re probably lying. People that buy reps are just trying to be something they’re not and trying to impress others (when in reality 99% of people don’t care what you’re wearing).

I love shoes and nice things, but if I can’t afford them or get them in a legit way, I move on and don’t care.

Nike doesn’t make you do anything. They know how many to make so they sell out and don’t have extras sitting around to the point where they lose money. Remember shoes like the react 87? They were limited at first, selling at crazy prices, then were widely available and were on sale everywhere and couldn’t be given away.

Most people only want most shoes now because they’re hyped or limited. If they say that’s not why, they’re probably lying. People that buy reps are just trying to be something they’re not and trying to impress others (when in reality 99% of people don’t care what you’re wearing).

I love shoes and nice things, but if I can’t afford them or get them in a legit way, I move on and don’t care.
Bingo!!!

Back
Top Bottom