Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

Looks like the Travis controversy has finally hit Nike:

F1B099BD-E5FA-40E7-87C1-E02A6A4F32DA.png

this just creates more hype for the shoes? Would it kill NIKE to just say all proceeds from the shoe would go to the victims?

Travis is gonna be fine imo. Been reading a lot on the pearl jam situation and seems like they did ok after their incident.

I personally don’t think they drop him but you never know.

Wouldn’t be surprised if nike holds them until Late January -late February or Early march. Around tax season and AS weekend

Nah I can't believe people actually mad that these are getting delayed. You have to be bat**** nuts to think they were releasing a sneaker so close to the date in which the rapper associated with the sneaker had 10 people die at his show.
Travis is gonna be fine imo. Been reading a lot on the pearl jam situation and seems like they did ok after their incident.

I personally don’t think they drop him but you never know.

Wouldn’t be surprised if nike holds them until Late January -late February or Early march. Around tax season and AS weekend
Yeah, I’m not shocked AT ALL that these were delayed. Nike would be idiots to still drop them so soon after the incident.

As for Travis, I don’t think Nike is gonna drop him. They might, but I think it’s more likely that they keep him. He might get fined, and be low key for a little bit, but he’ll come back with the safest and securest shows. He has plausible deniability. It’s his show, so he makes the most money, and probably has some say on the aesthetics and supporting acts, but all the logistics, security, water, attendance, etc, issues are gonna be attributed to others, and I think rightfully so. Sure he deserves some blame, but he’s gonna do all the right things, say all the right things, and lay low for a bit, but he’ll be back. Being from Seattle, I remember the Pearl Jam situation where 9 people died from a MOSH PIT, but it was in Europe, and we all know the US cares less when it’s not on US soil. But that didn’t destroy their career. And some have said it already, but Trav makes these companies WAY TOO MUCH MONEY for them to just drop him. If they think they can wait it out and he’ll still make them money, they’ll wait. Especially if he’s only maybe gonna get some type of citation/fine or maybe a misdemeanor, and he might not get charged with anything.

Last edited:
Yeah but 2021 is cancel culture. Companies are scared to the point where they have to react. With the 9 year old dying, makes it worst. He should not have been there to begin with.

This is 100% nonsense, can’t believe you guys gobble this crap up. The fact that Travis is still with Nike shows there isn’t much of a “cancel culture.” That’s just a trash term trash people made up to try and excuse their trash behavior. What happened to accountability?

Yeah but 2021 is cancel culture. Companies are scared to the point where they have to react. With the 9 year old dying, makes it worst. He should not have been there to begin with.
Agreed that people can be viewed as guilty until proven innocent, but we know that all things aren’t cancelled equally. Had he been involved with something connected to sexual assault or homophobic or hate speech, I’d be more inclined to think he’d be dropped and/or shunned. But this situation, I’m not so sure. And again, it’s going to be shown and presented that he himself didn’t have much to do with it in actuality.

Agreed that people can be viewed as guilty until proven innocent, but we know that all things aren’t cancelled equally. Had he been involved with something connected to sexual assault or homophobic or hate speech, I’d be more inclined to think he’d be dropped and/or shunned. But this situation, I’m not so sure. And again, it’s going to be shown and presented that he himself didn’t have much to do with it in actuality.

Yep, and people need to blame someone. So we will see who that someone is. Travis Scott isn't 100% at fault, but he isn't innocent either. Stop rapping was the least he could have done. Then you have these idiot first responders who were actually recording his performance with attending to people on the ground.

This is 100% nonsense, can’t believe you guys gobble this crap up. The fact that Travis is still with Nike shows there isn’t much of a “cancel culture.” That’s just a trash term trash people made up to try and excuse their trash behavior. What happened to accountability?
You don’t think that people don’t get cancelled in this day and age, many times with little or no evidence or support that they did or said what they’re accused of? Or that people are publicly ridiculed or shamed for something they might’ve did or said and then “cancelled,” even if done in the past, without any since of the time period or context?

Yep, and people need to blame someone. So we will see who that someone is. Travis Scott isn't 100% at fault, but he isn't innocent either. Stop rapping was the least he could have done. Then you have these idiot first responders who were actually recording his performance with attending to people on the ground.
I agree. And I’d like to think that I’d stop the show had I been in his situation. But we also don’t really know what he was thinking when all of this went down or what he thought was happening. Also, we don’t know what they were in his ear telling him. They could’ve been saying “keep doing your show, don’t worry about it, we’ll take care of whatever’s happening.” Not saying that was the right thing to do, but just pointing it out. I just hope that if anyone was indeed being negligent, or not having regard for the lives of those lost, or not doing what should’ve been done to prevent this type of situation, I hope they’re held responsible whoever it was.

Hip hop artists cancel culture proof look at kanye dude became a multi billionaire while being "canceled".
Naw. Kanye was kicking it with Trump, and saying slavery was a choice and some other crazy things. He’s polarizing for sure, and there was definitely a contingency of fans that left after some of his actions and talk, but I don’t think he was ever cancelled. Hell, I’d argue that while losing some fans, he also gained some fans from his actions and talks. He hasn’t done or said any of the sexual assaulty, rapey, or blatant homophobic/transphobic things that get people for real cancelled. Hypothetically, let it come out publicly that a hip hop artist is on that Kevin Spacey, Harvey Weinstein tip, or has a history of those aforementioned things (not counting lyrics), and we’ll see how cancel proof hip hop artists are.

Naw. Kanye was kicking it with Trump, and saying slavery was a choice and some other crazy things. He’s polarizing for sure, and there was definitely a contingency of fans that left after some of his actions and talk, but I don’t think he was ever cancelled. Hell, I’d argue that while losing some fans, he also gained some fans from his actions and talks. He hasn’t done or said any of the sexual assaulty, rapey, or blatant homophobic/transphobic things that get people for real cancelled. Hypothetically, let it come out publicly that a hip hop artist is on that Kevin Spacey, Harvey Weinstein tip, or has a history of those aforementioned things (not counting lyrics), and we’ll see how cancel proof hip hop artists are.
Don’t forget Jeffrey Epstein and R. Kelly.

Back
Top Bottom