OFFICIAL UA CURRY 1 : CHARGED BY BELIEF. PLAYOFFS RELEASE 5/22 /// MVP'S 6/13

I haven't seen any reps of the lows yet, all mids. Should be some lows available outside of ebay. What size are you?

Call up the DSG in the bay area they should have some. Saw some sizes at the one in Fremont last week.

Right on... thanks!

i'm a size 10 BTW....

I think they had size 10 or something within that range in the Fremont store. Definitely call around before ebay/craigslist.

Last edited:
Just got the MVP socks. Definitely not worth the $25 price tag. They're are very thin for UA to call them "Performance Socks". Good thing I got them for $5.49. The SC30 Undeniable socks are of way better quality at a lower price.

I feel like Under Armour is trying to see the limit at which consumers/fans of Curry are willing to pay for their Curry branded products. $25 for socks just because it has silly graphics on it? $180 for the same shoe just different colors? $400 for a two pair pack at $200 each for the same shoe that retailed at $120? Come on now Under Armour, don't fall into that Nike trap. Just look at how people ain't falling for their ridiculous price increases but at least Nike only raises the price for new versions of their performance shoes.

Last edited:
I feel like Under Armour is trying to see the limit at which consumers/fans of Curry are willing to pay for their Curry branded products. $25 for socks just because it has silly graphics on it? $180 for the same shoe just different colors? $400 for a two pair pack at $200 each for the same shoe that retailed at $120? Come on now Under Armour, don't fall into that Nike trap. Just look at how people ain't falling for their ridiculous price increases but at least Nike only raises the price for new versions of their performance shoes.
Nah, nike raises prices on certain colorways of the same model. Even the "premium" soldier 8's had a $10 price hike 

Nah, nike raises prices on certain colorways of the same model. Even the "premium" soldier 8's had a $10 price hike 
$10 price increase is minimal but these aren't $60>10 and $80>10
These Curry 1's are going to be the same as previous releases with no significant improvements.

Lightweight is a performance feature ijs. Might not make you play like a MVP :lol: but at least it'll make your Curry Ones fit better if they're snug. 8)

Everyone is complaining about the champ pack at $400. For all we know, it may come in special packaging with a shirt or hat, which would make it more $. Just a thought...

Yea but if i wanted a shirt or hat id buy a shirt or hat

Just like an mvp shirt or those ridiculous mvp socks

Dont force me to buy stuff i dont want like shoe palace lol

I doubt they throw in anything anyways. Probably charging extra for the graphics on the insole

It should be 3 shoes for 400 if they really wanted to be fair

The black with yellow logo, the yellow with blue logo, and the white gold lows

Under Armour is cashing in, just like any company would or any fortunate company does. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Under Armour is cashing in, just like any company would or any fortunate company does. Simple as that.

If that was the case they wouldnt make things as limited

You want to keep your consumer not make them hate you

Id like to think the under armour consumer is intelligent and not brain dead sheep like alot of jordan fans are who would buy shoes made out toilet seats for 300 bucks if they were limited

You don't flood the market. Multiple limited releases accomplishes the same thing.

They are gonna do everything all shoe companies do: have some limited releases, up prices when they can, push out new colorways when they have a hit, etc.

you're entitled to your opinion as well of course. That's what's great about this place.

Last edited:
Can't we talk about the pack when more detail surfaces or wait a month??? I don't want to hear this all over again in August/September.

They are definitely cashing in and from a business standpoint that's exactly what I would do if I was the CEO making millions. However, I believe as soon as this hype dies down, Under Armour's sales are gonna fall flat. I'm a Warriors and Curry fan and I don't think the upcoming season will be the same as this last one. The Curry 2's look the same as the 1's which isn't promising so that right there is a loss in sales and profit. I definitely hope Curry and the Warriors have another great season and a title run but a lot of teams got better especially the Spurs.

Last edited:
Anyways back to the shoes.

Imagine if they made a "Human Torch" cw for the Mids and maybe even the lows.

I can see a gradient like cw of blue, yellow, orange and red representing a flames intensity and then with hints of speckles and metallic/chrome heel cup and UA logos making them an instant cop.

Last edited:
I think Under Armour is relying too much on Steph's success this year. The "limited" tag, quick sell-outs, and $400 championship packs have worked pretty good this year, as Curry is the reigning MVP and NBA champion. The Nike Kobe line has been way down this season, and KD's haven't done all that great either. Steph has all the attention. Theoretically, what if Curry/Warriors are a big flop next season? What if (a big 'what if') Kobe comes back & plays like he used to? KD will be back and playing great again. What if Damian Lillard goes off next season? All of Curry's hype (and sales) will go to the star of the moment.

All of this is just my opinion. I could be totally wrong haha

Making shoes limited is an investment in their future, a proven business model that Nike has used. It sucks, but if they were a super GR no one would care about them.

How many people do you see camped out at Famous Footwear for the new Sketchers release???

Back
Top Bottom