OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

dont forget the shirt pulling

11.11 DEFENDER LEGALLY OFF THE FIELD OF PLAY
A defender who leaves the field during the course of play and does not immediately return must still be considered in determining where the second to last defender is for the purpose of judging which attackers are in an offside position. Such a defender is considered to be on the touch line or goal line closest to his or her off-field position. A defender who leaves the field with the referee's permission (and who thus requires the referee's permission to return) is not included in determining offside position.
pimp.gif

Was just about to post the same rule. Kudos to the refs for getting it right and smh at all these dumbasses at espn for still bashing the call and beingcompletely wrong.

smh.gif

both my teams lost. I would have NEVER guessed that Italy would lose worse than Poland in this tourney.

wow.....i never thought it would be like this 3-0 ?!!?!?

im thinkin the dutch might put 1 if they won but by 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

history in the making

Amazing performance by the Dutch, I hope van Basten changes his mind and remains the team's coach until WC 2010. They need to tighten up their defence butthis is a team that should atleast make the semi-finals.

It isn't the end of the world for Italy, they should defeat Romania, and Holland vs. France will be a very close match (France has the best defence inEurope right now)

The wackness and ref favoritism the whole tournament (against the US for example, who outplayed them in that match)
indifferent.gif

But also the penalty decision against Australia
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

And then the finals, with that Zidane fiasco
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Just in general the style of play, the diving, the complaining, the dirtiness, the arrogance. And then the domestic match fixing, racism...I just hate Italian futbol with a passion.

Outplayed?
laugh.gif
The US would have lost that game if it wasn't forItaly's own goal.

Italy had nothing to do with the penalty decision, talk to FIFA.
Zidane "fiasco" is damn right...are you excusing him for assaulting someone inthe middle of a game? And blaming Materazzi?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Everyone dives and complains in soccer, if it wasn't part of the game the refs would've pulled out the yellow every time it happened. Arrogant? Whenyou have the history that FIGC does it's justified. Dirty? See: Zidane, serial headbutter.

Understandably 2 goals in the last 5 minutes still has you hurt, but too much sodium is bad for your diet.

eek.gif
If this is the Dutch attack without Robben, Babel, and van Persie is still hurt, then that is just unfair.

Beautiful team to watch play.

dont forget Huntelaar, not the fanciest but a killer non the less.

too bad Seedorf didnt want to come

Originally Posted by jcerone

The wackness and ref favoritism the whole tournament (against the US for example, who outplayed them in that match)
indifferent.gif

But also the penalty decision against Australia
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

And then the finals, with that Zidane fiasco
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Just in general the style of play, the diving, the complaining, the dirtiness, the arrogance. And then the domestic match fixing, racism...I just hate Italian futbol with a passion.
Outplayed?
laugh.gif
The US would have lost that game if it wasn't for Italy's own goal.

Italy had nothing to do with the penalty decision, talk to FIFA.
Zidane "fiasco" is damn right...are you excusing him for assaulting someone in the middle of a game? And blaming Materazzi?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Everyone dives and complains in soccer, if it wasn't part of the game the refs would've pulled out the yellow every time it happened. Arrogant? When you have the history that FIGC does it's justified. Dirty? See: Zidane, serial headbutter.

Understandably 2 goals in the last 5 minutes still has you hurt, but too much sodium is bad for your diet.

grin.gif
EH I don't really need to get into all the details with you,since it's clear you see things differently, but even with that headbutt by Zidane...have you ever been headed in the chest? Dude went down like he was hitby an RPG...I mean come on man, the whole situation was lame. They did not deserve to win the Cup in '06, I think you would have a hard time arguing theydid, since there are clearly multiple occasions that questionable officiating and some luck helped them out. There is always a little luck in determining theChampions, but Italy were not the best team in the World Cup, France deserved to win it.

Italy is one of the top teams in the history of Europe, I am not arguing that at all...but I despise them. And it was nice to see them get embarrassed todayby the Dutch.

Enough of the arguing tho, do you think Italy will be good in the next 10 years? It seems like they don't have many young players developing who willturn the Azzuri into a world power in the next decade...all old washed up players.

If van Basten wasn't such an ego-maniac and didn't bench van Nistelroy in the match vs. Portugal in 06, the Dutch would've made the semi-finals.

Seedorf holding down the central midfield and letting van der vaart roam forward would be heavenly to watch. Again, van Basten let his ego get in the way.

Holland's attack will be so much better when they get a productive winger on the right side. Kuyt is playing out of position and he's usually terribleas a winger anyways.

Back
Top Bottom