OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

Offsides much?
smh.gif
I do hate Italy though.
pimp.gif

Wow, that was such a bad no call. Gonna be mad riots/fights if Italy goes down 1-0

Can u be onside with a player unofficially out of bounds behind the goal line, cuz personally, I wouldn'tve raised the flag. Pannucci wasn't hurt, hejust fell behind the goal line.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

EFFF ITALIA lets go Nederlands!

Ruuuuuuud
pimp.gif
(yes that was way offside, but I despise Italy)

laugh.gif
@ van Nistelroy's reaction. Dude KNEW he was offsides the entiretime but the idiot linesman wasn't paying attention.

Sneijder's goal was brilliant, it'll probably end up in the top 5-10 goals by the end of the tournament. Just 20 seconds earlier the ball had beencleared off of Holland's line, van Brankhorst ran the entire field to set up that play.

Materazzi has been a disaster all game, he's giving van Nistelroy way too much room.

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

GTFOOH!!!!! That linesman should be hanged and have his family boiled.

How could you NOT call that offside? Stevie Wonder could see that!!
I don't know soccer rules to perfection, but I'm guessing it's because there was an Italian player behind the goal, out of bounds, and Iguess he counted in the play. If he did count when it came to determening if it was offside or not, then it was nowhere near offside. If he didn't count,then it was an obvious offside.. Too obvious not to be noticed by the refs, so I guess the player out of bounds was taken into account.

But that second goal, wow, a counter attack executed to perfection. What a game so far! It sure saves the day after that France Romania game earlier.
sick.gif

Correct me if im wrong but:

players arent allowed to leave the field in the run of play, the player who was down (panucci?) kept Ruud on side since he was behind the goal.

We need the clarification from the Referee after the game lol

Okay, I just heard a pro referee's analysis of the play and the Italian player out of bounds did count when it came to determening if it was offside.. Soin fact, there was nowhere near offside.

I just despise everything Italian futbol stands for, especially after that '06 World Cup.
Zizi?
indifferent.gif

The commentator hit the nail on the head when he said that the wings needed to get Pirlo the ball so he could do some work from the midfield and set-up Toniand Di Natale.

Italy still ties this game though.

The player out of bounds does not count, he was not involved in the play. The refs blew the call, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by jcerone

I just despise everything Italian futbol stands for, especially after that '06 World Cup.
Zizi?
indifferent.gif

The commentator hit the nail on the head when he said that the wings needed to get Pirlo the ball so he could do some work from the midfield and set-up Toni and Di Natale.

Italy still ties this game though.

Well for starters I'm for Germany, so
mad.gif
at the end of thatgame...
The wackness and ref favoritism the whole tournament (against the US for example, who outplayed them in that match)
indifferent.gif

But also the penalty decision against Australia
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

And then the finals, with that Zidane fiasco
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Just in general the style of play, the diving, the complaining, the dirtiness, the arrogance. And then the domestic match fixing, racism...I just hateItalian futbol with a passion.

Exactly. The player was out of play. Unless he's in the pitch, he does not count towards being the last defender between the goalie and the offensivestriker. And the offensive striker was ahead of the last possible defender before the ball got to him. Not sure what referee claimed such nonsense, butthat's exactly what it is - nonsense.

Edit - After watching the replay, I didn't see the goalkeeper take out his own guy the first time so it's actually a good call by the ref.

Back
Top Bottom