Official Umar Johnson Thread

I’ve heard they exaggerate the sizes of these NBA players.

Wasn’t Chuck 6’4?

Crazy thing is my dad is taller than me (he claims 6’4 👀). I’m the tallest of his six children. They just get shorter and shorter.

Me catching up on the thread having taken up my talents to the chessboard and soccer analytics at 6’2

White christians right now

cover5.jpg

Umar my guy. I agreed with everything he’s said but he’s wrong about Deion. You can be about MONEY and still help blacks. Deion has inspired, helped and put SO MANY black men in positions of power. He has done above and beyond for black people

Im not the most informed on the D Sanders situation. From what I gather, Umar had a vision for another mans life that he expected or had hopes he'd fulfill. When you do that, that always gonna bread disappointment. Yes his plan sounds nice but that doesnt mean its the only or best plan. Its DS life so if there no agreement breached, you can feel how you want to, but he has no obligation to anyone.

Im not the most informed on the D Sanders situation. From what I gather, Umar had a vision for another mans life that he expected or had hopes he'd fulfill. When you do that, that always gonna bread disappointment. Yes his plan sounds nice but that doesnt mean its the only or best plan. Its DS life so if there no agreement breached, you can feel how you want to, but he has no obligation to anyone.

He doesn't have an obligation, but he also willingly chose to be the face of HBCU. He was constantly talking about bringing up HBCU as a collective, shining lights on it, building up the infrastracture, connecting with the recruits on a personal level etc etc.

He was there maybe all of 2-3 years? he did amazing in his role & helped absolutely. But from the outside looking in It sounds like the same move we've seen over & over from black celebs in the past. They market something as for the black community, they galvanize black people into supporting it, they build success & the second a white person comes with a giant check they either join them or sell their company to them.

In a business standpoint it's amazing business, & his choice isn't necessarily wrong & i don't think he deserves this large of a blowback but i completely see why people would be frustrated with the situation. As black people we constantly talk about needing our own & building up our own, we always seem to start it up & just abandon the actual purpose in chase of the money or noteriety.

Again Deion doesn't owe them anything, but he also volunteered himself as this savior of the HBCU programs

Speaking of disappointment-- when Deion pulled this loser stunt on the reporter I lost all respect for him and he confirmed himself as a miserable, irredeemable C***.

You don't do this to people when they're just trying to do their job. If you feel a particular way about it, I suppose Sanders could have pulled the reporter to the side and said something, but the reporter would have been justified telling Sanders to go kiss his rear end.

I guess Deion like most other retired pro football players is suffering some degree of CTE, so his lack of ability to understand and appreciate code switching kind of makes sense, but I got the impression that Deion thought he was keeping it real with the reporter, when in truth he was being a monumental jerk who got carried away.

When Prime grabbed the mic, the reporter was definitely wondering how much he needed that job.

He doesn't have an obligation, but he also willingly chose to be the face of HBCU. He was constantly talking about bringing up HBCU as a collective, shining lights on it, building up the infrastracture, connecting with the recruits on a personal level etc etc.

He was there maybe all of 2-3 years? he did amazing in his role & helped absolutely. But from the outside looking in It sounds like the same move we've seen over & over from black celebs in the past. They market something as for the black community, they galvanize black people into supporting it, they build success & the second a white person comes with a giant check they either join them or sell their company to them.

In a business standpoint it's amazing business, & his choice isn't necessarily wrong & i don't think he deserves this large of a blowback but i completely see why people would be frustrated with the situation. As black people we constantly talk about needing our own & building up our own, we always seem to start it up & just abandon the actual purpose in chase of the money or noteriety.

Again Deion doesn't owe them anything, but he also volunteered himself as this savior of the HBCU programs

Not sure why or how folks hold black celebrities to this unrealistic high standard. The fact of the matter is Deion did what the rest of the faculty, staff and even community should have been doing to foster those young Jackson State students. WE don’t need to have or make 1 famous black person do ALL the heavy lifting just because they have notoriety.

As far as I’m concerned Deion did enough as is…..he did more in those 2-3 years than a lot of folks did in 20-30 years for Jackson State University and the surrounding community. It’s time for the rest of everybody else to do something and just stop talking. He didn’t volunteer to be the savior of HBCU programs……….he volunteered half of his salary instead, which truly means more. Dudes wouldn’t and couldn’t do half of what Deion has done.

Back
Top Bottom