Official USA Mens Basketball Thread *~ U.S. defeated Tuniasia 92-57 Thursday (Next up: Angola) ~*

Originally Posted by aepps20

Turkish dude faked an injury so he wouldn't have to shoot the free throws.

You would have a much better case to prove that he faked an injury had the replay not shown the guy being smacked right in his eye.

Originally Posted by aepps20

You would have a much better case to prove that he faked an injury had the replay not shown the guy being smacked right in his eye.

USA better come out strong because the refs will make sure a close game goes Turkey's way.

HA. Please. The game will go Turkey's way because of skill, not because of refs who are selected through FIBA from other countries.

Are you listening to these games on the radio? Get some new glasses.

USA better come out strong because the refs will make sure a close game goes Turkey's way.

HA. Please. The game will go Turkey's way because of skill, not because of refs who are selected through FIBA from other countries.

You don't think these officials will be swayed by 15,000 Turks in the stands? Come on.

You don't think these officials will be swayed by 15,000 Turks in the stands? Come on.

Damn I thought this game was on tomorrow. Oh well watch the highlights on Espn 2 then. I was watching that last game and this guy Chauncey just throws up anything, if the championship game gets close Coach K better put the ball in KD's hands only.

Come on, at least save the ref excuses until the game actually friggin starts. Are you scared or something so you figure you start making safety excuses in advance? Calm down. U.S. will win the game by at least 10... And they would've won by 10+ against Serbia as well.

As for Serbia, their defense just collapsed. Who the hell gives up a lead with 4 seconds remaining in the game on a layup that is THAT open?
smh.gif

BTW, anyone know why Okur isn't play for Turkey?

Damn I thought this game was on tomorrow. Oh well watch the highlights on Espn 2 then. I was watching that last game and this guy Chauncey just throws up anything, if the championship game gets close Coach K better put the ball in KD's hands only.

Come on, at least save the ref excuses until the game actually friggin starts. Are you scared or something so you figure you start making safety excuses in advance? Calm down. U.S. will win the game by at least 10... And they would've won by 10+ against Serbia as well.

As for Serbia, their defense just collapsed. Who the hell gives up a lead with 4 seconds remaining in the game on a layup that is THAT open?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

Maybe I should fake an eye injury like that Turkish guy did instead

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

Maybe I should fake an eye injury like that Turkish guy did instead

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

smh.gif

I think he's still recovering from his torn Achilles tendon.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

smh.gif

I think he's still recovering from his torn Achilles tendon.

r214476429.jpg

Durant conquering the world; NBA next?

ISTANBUL – Twenty-four hours earlier, Kevin Durant had scrunched his face, pursed his lips and played back the most arduous moments of the Los Angeles Lakers series. His accuracy stunning, his disposition downright dour, Durant ripped off a detailed list of the most minute transgressions that had cost the Oklahoma City Thunder. He had come to these world championships on a journey of self-discovery, on a rapid and resounding rise toward an MVP and an NBA championship.

“I missed a layup … I missed another easy shot … and a box out. We get one box out at the end of Game 6, and we’re going back to L.A. for a seventh,

r214476429.jpg

Durant conquering the world; NBA next?

ISTANBUL – Twenty-four hours earlier, Kevin Durant had scrunched his face, pursed his lips and played back the most arduous moments of the Los Angeles Lakers series. His accuracy stunning, his disposition downright dour, Durant ripped off a detailed list of the most minute transgressions that had cost the Oklahoma City Thunder. He had come to these world championships on a journey of self-discovery, on a rapid and resounding rise toward an MVP and an NBA championship.

“I missed a layup … I missed another easy shot … and a box out. We get one box out at the end of Game 6, and we’re going back to L.A. for a seventh,

Man, it's come to a point now where I'm surprised when KD misses a shot.
smh.gif

Oh yeah, Iggy's D and energy, and LO's aggression was great last night.

Looking forward to see how this team will responds in a raucous environment against Turkey. If they play D and hustle like they did against Lithuania, they'll be fine.

Man, it's come to a point now where I'm surprised when KD misses a shot.
smh.gif

Oh yeah, Iggy's D and energy, and LO's aggression was great last night.

Looking forward to see how this team will responds in a raucous environment against Turkey. If they play D and hustle like they did against Lithuania, they'll be fine.

I wouldn't mind seeing Turkey beat USA tomorrow.  Either way, I'll be happy.

Hedo! Hedo! Hedo!
pimp.gif

I wouldn't mind seeing Turkey beat USA tomorrow.  Either way, I'll be happy.

Hedo! Hedo! Hedo!
pimp.gif

The frustrating part of Chauncy is that he's getting caught on all the same tricks he tries to use in the NBA. The pump fake/shoot into the defensive player is one of his pet moves and he's getting caught almost every other game. When he gets blown by, he's extending an arm (reaching) and the offensive player has been smart enough to exaggerate contact and it's been a foul every time. Sometimes the offensive player has been double smart and attempted a shot. I think I've seen at least two 3-point shooting fouls committed by Chauncy too.

I'm glad Coach K has shortened his lineup. Screw the feelings of guys like Granger. Sit down gain some experience by watching the international game and take you're free medal. I wish some of the alternates could've traveled with the team and see first hand how FIBA basketball is played and gain some experience that way.

The reason I've been such a Laker hater has been displayed perfectly by Lamar. He's such an exceptional talent, but just doesn't use it consistantly. But I guess when you're the Lakers you can afford to coast through the season as long as you turn it on when it counts and to their credit they have.

The Finals should be a very good game. Hedo has been playing like he did in Orlando. I think he need a summer with his countrymen to actually enjoy basketball again. He looks like he's having fun and the creativity that he can play with has been on display. Living here in AZ, I'm excited to see what he and Nash can do on the court together. If Durant can hold to form, the USA will maintain the play of the Knock-Out round and win by 10 or so. IF he's having an off night though it will be major trouble, but I don't see it. He'll re-set the US scoring mark in this tournament by the 3rd quarter and finish with 45.

The frustrating part of Chauncy is that he's getting caught on all the same tricks he tries to use in the NBA. The pump fake/shoot into the defensive player is one of his pet moves and he's getting caught almost every other game. When he gets blown by, he's extending an arm (reaching) and the offensive player has been smart enough to exaggerate contact and it's been a foul every time. Sometimes the offensive player has been double smart and attempted a shot. I think I've seen at least two 3-point shooting fouls committed by Chauncy too.

I'm glad Coach K has shortened his lineup. Screw the feelings of guys like Granger. Sit down gain some experience by watching the international game and take you're free medal. I wish some of the alternates could've traveled with the team and see first hand how FIBA basketball is played and gain some experience that way.

The reason I've been such a Laker hater has been displayed perfectly by Lamar. He's such an exceptional talent, but just doesn't use it consistantly. But I guess when you're the Lakers you can afford to coast through the season as long as you turn it on when it counts and to their credit they have.

The Finals should be a very good game. Hedo has been playing like he did in Orlando. I think he need a summer with his countrymen to actually enjoy basketball again. He looks like he's having fun and the creativity that he can play with has been on display. Living here in AZ, I'm excited to see what he and Nash can do on the court together. If Durant can hold to form, the USA will maintain the play of the Knock-Out round and win by 10 or so. IF he's having an off night though it will be major trouble, but I don't see it. He'll re-set the US scoring mark in this tournament by the 3rd quarter and finish with 45.

Back
Top Bottom