**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Jurgen is literally just saying "this is fine" 

good for him, and for the USMNT and US Soccer's sake, I hope he rights the ship

but at the same time, I really hope Sunil or whomever is in charge knows when to cut it's losses...

Last edited:
U.S. Roster By Position: GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Tim Howard (Everton)

DEFENDERS (8): Ventura Alvarado (Club America), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Matt Miazga (New York Red Bulls), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana), Tim Ream (Fulham FC), Brek Shea (Orlando City SC)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC), Miguel Ibarra (Club Leon), Jermaine Jones (New England Revolution), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), DeAndre Yedlin (Sunderland)

FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Alan Gordon (LA Galaxy), Jordan Morris (Stanford), Bobby Wood (Union Berlin), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy)

-Hamid getting the call up over Rimando finally..... hopefully he gets an opportunity over the course of this cycle. Guzan and Howard have not been playing particularly well at their clubs and its likely it doesn't drastically better in the immediate future. Let Hamid flourish, one time.

-Cool to see Fabian back with the team, hopefully whatever mountains Jurgen was trying to make out of molehills has been extinguished. Like honestly, the throwing players under the bus is not going to work. Like we get it, you pulled the ultimate power play with leaving Landon at home. If you give the players defined roles and clear tactics going into a match, the players will perform better. Stick with that, not off the field mind games.

-Interesting not Omar... Interesting there is Alvarado and Orozco.....

-MATT MIAZGA + Darlington Nagbe!!!!! YES! (Cameron Carter Vickers will get a look before the end of this cycle 
nerd.gif
)

-Beckerman I can roll with I guess, especially with some injured guys

-Interested to see Ibarra again tbh

-Why Alan Gordon when we left of Dempsey so that we can give the younger guys a go?

man, well deserved to Bob.

Congrats on taking Stabaek from a relegation bound club  to Europa League and best of luck in France next season.

Last edited:
It seems he has converted to left back full time for Orlando City FC, so yes I guess :lol:

Decent going forward but meh defender

19 players called into U23 MNT camp
Article Written by U.S. Soccer
Published: November 10, 2015
0 Comments
U.S. Under-23 Men's National Team head coach Andi Herzog has called 19 players to Recife for two friendlies against Brazil. The teams will first square off on Nov. 11 in Recife in a match that kicks off at 6 p.m. ET, before traveling north to Belém, Brazil on Nov. 15 for the second head-to-head, which kicks off at 4 p.m. ET.

The USA is coming off a third-place finish in the 2015 CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship, a result that extended its quest for a berth in the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. The team will face off with Colombia in March in a home-and-away playoff in one final qualifying opportunity. Nine players that competed for the U.S. in the qualifying tournament are back for this trip, including the tournament’s Golden Ball winner, Jerome Kiesewetter.

"These matches against Brazil are a huge opportunity for us," Herzog said. "On one hand you have a strong challenging South American opponent in Brazil, with a playing style that's similar to that of Colombia, and on the other we'll get to experience playing in Brazil, which is where we hope to be next summer for the Olympics."

Roster by Position:
GOALKEEPERS (3): Cody Cropper (MK Dons; Maple Grove, Minn.), Charlie Horton (Leeds United; Cleveland, Ohio), Jon Kempin (Sporting Kansas City; Leawood, Kan.)
DEFENDERS (7): John Brooks (Hertha BSC; Berlin, Germany), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Tottenham Hotspur; Westcliff on Sea, England), Eric Miller (Montreal Impact; Woodbury, Minn.), Shane O’Neill (Royal Mouscron; Boulder, Colo.), Boyd Okwuonu (Real Salt Lake; Edmund, Okla.), Dave Romney (LA Galaxy; Irvine, Calif.), Oscar Sorto (LA Galaxy; Los Angeles, Calif.)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Fatai Alashe (San Jose Earthquakes; Northville, Mich.), Julian Green (Bayern Munich; Tampa, Fla.), Alejandro Guido (Club Tijuana; Chula Vista, Calif.), Matt Polster (Chicago Fire; Milwaukee, Wisc.), Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids; Brighton, Colo.), Gedion Zelalem (Rangers; Bethesda, Md.)
FORWARDS (3): Jerome Kiesewetter (VfB Stuttgart; Berlin, Germany), Khiry Shelton (New York City FC; Leander, Tex.), Maki Tall (FC Sion; Washington, D.C.)

About time Brooks and Green play with the U23

For real, the game against Colombia should be good. Looking to see how Zelalem does. Been getting good playing time with the Rangers. I had to go on wikipedia because there was a lot of players who I didn't recognize. Any players that were left out of the 23 that anyone thinks should have been included?

Last edited:
Julian Green lives 
eek.gif

Im more interested in seeing the U-23's play than the USMNT to be honest.

Last edited:

About time Brooks and Green play with the U23
For real, the game against Colombia should be good. Looking to see how Zelalem does. Been getting good playing time with the Rangers. I had to go on wikipedia because there was a lot of players who I didn't recognize. Any players that were left out of the 23 that anyone thinks should have been included?
Tim Parker from Whitecaps, he had a really good 1st season in the MLS

Desevio Payne, but I think he is coming back from injury still

the U23 is getting pressed hard by Brazil right now... defense is holding strong thus far but still 
ohwell.gif

I hope altidore doesn't play today. Dude is garbage. Hyped for wood! LET'S GO!!!!!

Last edited:
So I was out with a friend and the first thing I saw was that THE US got scored on in five minutes smh. I know it's 3-1 now but wtf for real smh.

Edit: 4-1

Last edited:
St Vincent's leading scorer is a fisherman :smokin good for that dude man that's cool as hell. In my opinion there is nothing we can take from this game, except we let a team full of amateur players score on us

Last edited:
Man, tbh I'm too bummed about the attacks today to even post about sports 
ohwell.gif

cool to see the squad respond after that horrid start

Nagbe and Miazga cap tied is nice too, hopefully they got a bright future in the red white and blue

Go go USA

Back
Top Bottom