**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

why does MLS all stars hjave to play arsenal. they need to play a decent club so they can atleast have a chance

FTR....MLS all stars have usually beat the big Euro club that comes to town each year. i believe they won the past 4 before? someone correct me if need be.

EDIT: i'm off, but they've had success. granted, it's usually not the "A" squad they play against, but still. i think it's been good. they've been competitive lately

Last edited:
fwiw, and I might be misunderstanding the post here, but the MLS all star game is a just sort of cool event....

really can't put any weight behind the All Star team representing the MLS or the Euro club coming in and judging their performance

^ that's true as well. it just gives fans a chance to see a big euro club and help promote the game.

I've been a harsh critic of the All Star game for years but after going to the game at Avaya on Thursday night I'll never talk bad about it again. Incredibly fun event for the people who get to participate.

WCQ Roster announced yesterday:
U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION:
GOALKEEPERS (3) : Brad Guzan (Middlesbrough), Ethan Horvath (Molde FC), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids)
DEFENDERS (9) : Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), John Brooks (Hertha BSC), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Monchengladbach), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United)
MIDFIELDERS (9) : Paul Arriola (Club Tijuana), Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake),Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Jermaine Jones (Colorado Rapids), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund), Caleb Stanko (FC Vaduz), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
FORWARDS (5) : Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC), Rubio Rubin (FC Utrecht), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Bobby Wood (Hamburg SV)

WCQ Roster announced yesterday:
U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION:
GOALKEEPERS (3) : Brad Guzan (Middlesbrough), Ethan Horvath (Molde FC), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids)
DEFENDERS (9) : Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), John Brooks (Hertha BSC), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Monchengladbach), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United)
MIDFIELDERS (9) : Paul Arriola (Club Tijuana), Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake),Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Jermaine Jones (Colorado Rapids), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund), Caleb Stanko (FC Vaduz), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
FORWARDS (5) : Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC), Rubio Rubin (FC Utrecht), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Bobby Wood (Hamburg SV)

incredulous.gif

Is WONDO part of the ILLUMINATI? Or what? I always hate seeing this dude on the Roster. Pure trash. Ever since his miss at the WC. Also why is Orozco and Stanko on the roster? The have proven nothing to be worthy of the NT. Jurgen keeps the BS going with some of the roster picks. Good thing we are playing crappy teams, otherwise we be in trouble :rolleyes

:lol:

it's literally the first thing I look for whenever a USMNT roster is announced..."did they drop Wondo??"

one day...

Wondo is one of the greatest MLS players yet one of the worst USNT players of all time :lol:

fwiw, whatever positive mark Wondo may have with the USMNT, its that he usually puts in a good performance against the lower tier CONCACAF opponents 

SVG certainly falls under this category and I for one, am going to not hold my breathe if Wondo somehow ends up starting against them on Friday..... now on Tuesday against T&T I hope we have a good lineup out 

sidenote, is this the chance we finally have of seeing Jozy+Wood 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
This is make of break for Jozy. Dude has soooo much talent, but never put it together. he's been on a tear in the T-DOT, so he really needs to make an impression in this camp.

As for wondo, yes exactly. Everytime a roster is announce, The first thing that pops into my head, is Wondo on it :rofl:

Where is my NT brother "RICARDO MALTA" to make sense of WONDO on the team :lol:

Jury is still out on Jozy too, he's been both really good and absolutely awful for the US in recent memory.

sucks that Brooks is out for back issues. wanted to see him and Cameron continue to play together for the NT and get that experience

United States lineup (4-4-2): Brad Guzan; Kellyn Acosta, Matt Besler, Geoff Cameron, DeAndre Yedlin; Fabian Johnson, Alejandro Bedoya, Kyle Beckerman, Graham Zusi; Bobby Wood, Jozy Altidore

given the opponent, i'm sure Jozy will have 2 or 3 goals and be proclaimed to be byke :lol:

Last edited:
I was gonna say when you guys were talking about hopes for Jozy last week, there's literally nothing he can do against CONCACAF competition that will buy him equity with fans. :lol:

I am ecstatic to see Jozy and Wood paired together though.

I'm frustrated seeing Beckerman. I don't get it. He probably retire from football before 2018 and Klinsmann will still bring him to Russia. :smh:

Last edited:
I was gonna say when you guys were talking about hopes for Jozy last week, there's literally nothing he can do against CONCACAF competition that will buy him equity with fans. :lol:

i want to be wrong about him. i really do, man. but until he shows me something, i'm riding this train :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom