**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

It's weird because Bruce basically said he planned to call him in for the March qualifiers but he picked up a knock the week before.

I'm guessing Bruce doesn't really want to experiment with him now then? Though, it's not like he couldn't replace anyone else aside from Yedlin.

Hopefully Bruce experiments the hell out of the player pool and calls in 100% non-regulars for the Gold Cup.

unlike in 2015 
eyes.gif

Disgraceful refereeing earlier today.

When you look at things in context, meaning aside from EPB, CCV, and maybe DLT, this is truly a B team, these boys are playing well and we've never developed depth like this in our history.

EPB is amazing. Can't wait to see where he lands after his contract expires.

De La Torre is class. Wish he could end up in Spain, the Championship is not the best fit for him.

Derrick Jones is also really inpressive to me. Some limitations technically but as CDM destroyer, he has great potential. He should have been paired with Zelalem from day one.

Tyler Adams has also been crucial. I don't see how NYRB hold onto him for long.

We're fortunate that we drew New Zealand next round with so many suspensions. We beat them 4 - 0 with them hosting back in 2015, also heard their best player departed to meet up with the senior team.

I can see Adams ending up in Europe after a couple of seasons. He's young and with the current playing time he is getting, he will develop nicely in a couple of years.

Just read this article on him.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the9...-turning-into-a-usmnt-player-before-our-eyes/

Definitely checking game out at my local AO bar tomorrow night. Venezuelan yambs is gonna be all over the place :evil:

So USMNT is playing Venezuela in a friendly tomorrow, while the u20 teams will meet later that night for the U20 FIFA knockout rounds?

Brooks (and Chandler) always seem to find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time :lol: :smh:.

Last edited:
It's hard to watch the Real Madrid and Juventus game then watch team USA always look a step slower then the other team.

This team always passes it backwards or horizontal behind the midfield line. I can't believe in a country this big this is the best players we have to offer... :smh:

This team is just boring!

It's hard to watch the Real Madrid and Juventus game then watch team USA always look a step slower then the other team.

This team always passes it backwards or horizontal behind the midfield line. I can't believe in a country this big this is the best players we have to offer...
mean.gif

This team is just boring!
Bruce nailed it. Everything's slow, there's no movement or spacing, zero supports.  Part of it is chemistry, this is definitely the core group but they don't look used to each other at all. Either way that was some pretty horrible possession. 

Another thing, obviously the USMNT team is tiers below Champions League quality but I really believe this group of players could play attractive attacking football. 

I'd be interested to see what an accomplished coach dedicated to the Spanish style positional pay philosophy could do with this group. That's not Klinnsman or Bruce, nor is it the hero we need right now though. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom