**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

5 goals in 15 caps for AMF :x

giphy.gif

to be fair, that sudden burst of life in dying embers of regulation was an absolute delight to watch

lets hope they didn't use it all up and have some left in the tank for the next 30

Got the goal, but not enough. Overall a good tournament, considering. These guys played well and I thinks lot of them will be able to contribute in the future. It sucks that time and time again, we can't have a full squad. We miss a grip of dudes from Europe. No excuses though it is what it is. Klinsy JR is going to play on NT one day. Sargent is a stud. So is Tyler Adams. Those guys I think will play in Europe and on NT.

One thing that pissed me off about the match was not the game itself, not the players, but the outrage over the rainbow colors. Football brings EVERYBODY together regardless of who are you, what you look like, who you love and what you believe in. They fail to realize those bigots are the reason they are bringing awareness to Pride month. I would love to see the outrage and snowflake tears if the USMNT used a black name/number set for BLM :lol:

One thing that pissed me off about the match was not the game itself, not the players, but the outrage over the rainbow colors. Football brings EVERYBODY together regardless of who are you, what you look like, who you love and what you believe in. They fail to realize those bigots are the reason they are bringing awareness to Pride month. I would love to see the outrage and snowflake tears if the USMNT used a black name/number set for BLM :lol:

Politics and sports dont mix IMO. That's the reason I love sports. :tongue:

@NorthOaklandFC  what are your feelings on Klinsmann as a GK prospect?? Who does he compare to?

I see some Steffen in him 
When I've seen him at Cal he's always looked relatively average at the Pac 12 level but to be fair he was a freshman in most of those games.

He's really matured physically growing into a big athletic frame since then and his play this tournament has certainly boosted his stock with me.  

I think the thing about Zack Steffen was he was he had all the physical tools too, but he was also just incredibly polished and consistent both positionally and mentally for such a young GK.  I'd be shocked if Klinsmann is starting in MLS or a comparable league like the 2 Bundesliga at 21.   

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom