**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Good gracious, Jermaine Jones with that Ether on JoMo:

“Jones used the example of Jordan Morris to illustrate his point, after the Seattle Sounders forward elected to play in MLS instead of taking his chance with Werder Bremen in the Bundesliga. Jones said former U.S. manager Jurgen Klinsmann asked him to help persuade Morris to pick the Bundesliga over MLS.

Jones said Morris told him: ‘I want to go home, my dad is a doctor in Seattle, and my mom, they bought me and my girlfriend a dog.’

‘Really? Why you go the easy way when you have the chance?’”

Article from:
http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/...wants-young-us-talent-to-pick-europe-over-mls

He's a well off kid from the Seattle area, went to Stanford and his dad is the team doc. Its easier for him not to go for it as opposed to a kid from the hood who has limited options.

And that is why Jordan Morris will be mediocre. I dont want to see him, or that scumbag Altidore on the NT again. Or what can we say about walking Bob Bradley JR lol...er I mean Michael Bradley.

They announce the friendly against Portugal in NOV.

Also the Under 17 beat up Paraguay. Tim Weah looks promising.

He can stay in his nice little bubble in Seattle then. Hope he never gets called up again.

He's specifically from Mercer Island, which if you ask any of us from Seattle about we'd confirm that Jones' statements aren't surprising. I was dying inside when I heard the part about his parents getting him and his girl a dog though, FOH with that kid.

Portugal was literally the #1 place I was hoping the friendly would be at, and pretty sure I would have made a good effort to go to it

Naw forget that mess. I’ll go to Portugal in the spring on my own time separate from the USMNT :lol:

He's specifically from Mercer Island, which if you ask any of us from Seattle about we'd confirm that Jones' statements aren't surprising. I was dying inside when I heard the part about his parents getting him and his girl a dog though, FOH with that kid.
Have you seen his new ink?? Not sure anyone can be surprised with dough boy Morris being a softy

It's all good though, these boys will take his spot with ease.

My biggest question is who is the coach going forward? The Loco Bielsa would be my choice. I dont like Osorio, and no american coach either.

My biggest question is who is the coach going forward? The Loco Bielsa would be my choice. I dont like Osorio, and no american coach either.

The more logical fit right now on an interim basis until we find our guy would be Tab Ramos IMO.

PS, I want Bielsa too.

EDIT: Full JJ rant

watch

Weah got talent in his DNA.
Some people are saying they want El Piojo.
They should drop the Zusis, Besler, Omar, Deuce and start calling up the kids man. Our talent pool in the various youth teams is the best ever. Start bleeding them now with a competent coach who has a clear vision of the system he wants them to play in and have that consistent throughout all the teams so that when they move up they already know what it is a player at their respective positions' job is. Have them play as many friendlies as possible to get them ready for the next qualifying cycle. Keep one veteran to hold it together but these old ****** go to go.

He got talent in his DNA.
They should drop the Zusis, Besler, Omar, Deuce and start calling up the kids man. Our talent pool in the various youth teams is the best ever. Start bleeding them now with a competent coach who has a clear vision of the system he wants them to play in and have that consistent throughout all the teams so that when they move up they already know what it is a player at their respective positions' job is. Have them play as many friendlies as possible to get them ready for the next qualifying cycle. Keep one veteran to hold it together but these old *****s go to go.

We already have a Veteran though...and I'm certain those kids look up to him

tumblr_o5uzfjAzgg1qa19tro1_400.gif

Put the armband on him. It was pointed out that he was pretty much the only one getting at the ref during the T&T game. The only one who seemed to understand that they weren't in a position to **** around.

Agreed 100%

I noticed thats David Villa on your avy :lol: :pimp:

Since you support NYCFC, how you feel about the club get moved around more times than a foster child? They should've had their own stadium already.

Agreed 100%

I noticed thats David Villa on your avy :lol: :pimp:

Since you support NYCFC, how you feel about the club get moved around more times than a foster child? They should've had their own stadium already.
It's disappointing. We were eyeing the parking lots near YS that are losing the city a lot of money. Apparently had a deal with Bloomberg but DeBlasio came in and axed that. They claim they're not considering anything outside the city. I realize it's not my money and building anything in the city is going to cost you the skin off your *** but they gotta take the L and pay what needs to be paid to get it done. Hopefully the continuous embarassment will get them to make the necessary moves. It's like the only thing holding the club back at this point.

Yo our U23 Olympic team would wash the team we fielded in the Hex. :lol:

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 11.54.32 AM.png

The U23/U20 depth is also promising.

DEF: Cameron Carter-Vickers, Erik Palmber-Brown, Justin Gladd
MF: Tyler Adams, Paxton Pomykal, Chris Durkin
FWD: Sargent, Weah, Carleton, Nokavich, Akale

Brooks, Wood, Yedlin, Morris, K. Acosta, Roldan, Arriola, Dwyer all need to stay in the mix but a lot of these young guys need to be the present nucleus of our senior program starting in November.

We're going to be fine competitively. Culturally it will be a travesty if Sunil holds onto his position come 2018.

Regardless of all the negativity surrounding the USMNT lately,if the U-17 squad is a sign of things to come then the future should look bright my American footy bros

Do you know who specifically can vote against Gulati from getting another term?

as I expected...

I'm really not sure. Most of the board members get a vote, there's an athlete council that votes as a block I beleive, I remember last spring there was an amendment that's going to allow some type of fan council to vote as a block as well.

Tab Ramos can kick rocks. No hard feelings but no thanks to anybody remotely associated with that 1980's era, New York/New Jersey, USSF good old boys network.

Back
Top Bottom