**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

USSF is buns. Jonathan is gone to el TRI. I had a feeling they were going to botch this up.

Dont blame the kid though. He's doing what is best for his future.

SMH at these clowns. Can't even be mad if the truth is that they haven't made any contact with him in a while. What a joke.

SMH at these clowns. Can't even be mad if the truth is that they haven't made any contact with him in a while. What a joke.

When the squad for the Portugal friendly was announced, ussf made it sound like they left Gonzales off so he could continue playing with he could continue playing with his club but he said no one contacted him at all about the Portugal friendly... I wish the kid well. I hope he does well. He's clearly doing it in Liga MX.

Sounds to me like his desire to rep the U.S. faded when the team failed to make the World Cup and now that his best chance is Mexico he suddenly wants to rep them. I also thought the USSF was at fault (they are incompetent) but if not being called up for one friendly is the reason he switched then his words look funny in the light.
He should have been cap tied already though.

Seems like the USSF didn't find Jona to be of much importance or value until FMF did.

the USSF never should have let him fall thru the cracks like that.

The whole thing just makes me sad. USSF failed Jona.

USSF definitely failed though. I know it wouldn't have capped him, but why not include him in the U20 World Cup? The kid obviously wanted to play for USMNT and I personally don't believe the US missing the World Cup is the reason he's switching to El Tri. No call-up to that Portugal friendly must've been the tipping point. He must've felt dissed.

ussf has 1 full time scout to cover a population of 323.1m people & 3.5m square miles...

$100m surplus... I really really hate when people say the US is too big... That's an incredibly unintelligent thing to say.

Interesting article. I've made these points too but have been poo poo'd when I mentioned them...

https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/201...eam-hispanic-player-development-sueno-alianza

I've never seen anyone poo poo these points.

Personally I poo pooed that one Guardian article a while back, because it was well, ****. It belligerently And deliberately mislead and misframed real issues and it picked examples to spin from my immediate community.

If I tell untruths about issues of inequality or social justice, those untruths must still be called out no matter the underlying importantance of the actual issues.

The revelation from the SBNation article is that for years what was simply reported as politics that got Hugo Perez ousted from the Federation, really was about his connections to the Latino community and specifically the worth and value he saw in Sueño Alianza. I mean yea we all read between the lines, but to see it spelled out, just wow.

Hugo Perez is the best talent evaluator and youth coach that the Federation has ever seen, he got fired for being more capable and explicitly for being more thorough in his work than his peers.

The culture of distrust within USSF and it's projection of a lack of worth onto Sueño Alianza has to be interpreted as the Federation's feelings towards its Latino constituents, and that's obscene.

It's disgusting that USSF actively told its employees and vendors not to promote the USSF brand at the event.

Last edited:
Here’s my drawer of shame btw

My coffee mug even had to go smh. Got probably close to 2k worth of junk in there :lol:

B2F2CEA9-EB26-4BD6-821B-361F6E7A4073.jpeg

This is a Bosnia home game this is crazy.
I have sat in the black hole (Raiders) once I’m literally in the Bosnia hole. They pretty much just took over all these seats people moving to others seats because they r annoyed. Makes the game more entertaining for me ‍♂️.
Let’s gets this W though.

Back
Top Bottom